IST: Cubs AT Marlins

SiDe WaYs

Liked Posts:
Wilson having a good start to the season.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Wilson having a good start to the season.
Definitely crushing the ball as a hitter but his catching defense leaves a lot to be desired this season. He has a bunch of catcher interference and passed balls.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I'm concerned that Joe will ride him now. Davis hasn't see squat and that is typical Joe. He is not going to toss out Davis with his SP and little MLB exposure.

At least with Caritiani you knew Joe would play him.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I'm concerned that Joe will ride him now. Davis hasn't see squat and that is typical Joe. He is not going to toss out Davis with his SP and little MLB exposure.

At least with Caritiani you knew Joe would play him.
Caratini been pretty much just catching Hamels, we'll see if Davis gets him

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Darvish hitting 98.7 mph this late in the game is probably a good sign. That's literally tied for the fastest he's ever thrown his 2 seem according to brooks. He hit 98.76 for his max in 2013 and 2016 but never has gone faster with his 2 seam. He has gone faster with his 4 seam maxing at 99.82 but still having that kind of gas 90 pitches into a game is impressive.
yeah, could have been a hot gun, Jeter needs to start turning over his team soon. As much as I was impressed with the last darvish start that everyone seemed to hate, he probably could have thrown more of those fast balls early an attacked hitters. He refused to throw the fastball early, was all off speed.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Definitely crushing the ball as a hitter but his catching defense leaves a lot to be desired this season. He has a bunch of catcher interference and passed balls.
What do you expect for 684,000 a year? I mean, really? Between Willson and Almora there is certainly more bang for the buck than the entire roster.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
It's good to see Contreras rebuilding his trade value. Hopefully the Cubs can move him at the deadline for a good pitch framer who can slide right into the #8 hole every night.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Caratini been pretty much just catching Hamels, we'll see if Davis gets him

He caught Hammels ×2 and Q ×1. Pretty sure Joe was starting to trust him more.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No Schwarber again, joe told him to sit in the corner this series, dont need guys attacking umpires because their frustrated

FB_IMG_1555440950389.jpg

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bote played yesterday because that starter was better vs left. Change up counters them.

I wouldn't read too much into it other than was a bad match up. It doesn't hurt that he is struggling and viewing a game can help reset himself.

Anything else is speculation. Joe was not a fan of the bad calls either.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bote played yesterday because that starter was better vs left. Change up counters them.

I wouldn't read too much into it other than was a bad match up. It doesn't hurt that he is struggling and viewing a game can help reset himself.

Anything else is speculation. Joe was not a fan of the bad calls either.
Bad call or not (I thought he swung), you dont go charging after an umpire like a lunatic..
Hate to see what he would of done had Baez not stopped him..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Bad call or not (I thought he swung), you dont go charging after an umpire like a lunatic..
Hate to see what he would of done had Baez not stopped him..

1. Baez couldn't have stopped him.

2. That was the 2nd check of the sequence. First time he went further over and was called no swing. Then at 3-2 his swing was even less and he rang him up.

It was really not about the call. It was more so about fucking pull you head out of your ass ump. Show some consistently

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Wasn't Swinhart their best hitting catcher at one point? What happened there?

CSF77

Liked Posts:

For the most part the staff was going down hill.

I could see this as a give time for Cartini to recover then if he is hitting well he could take Zag's spot.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Ha ha
Contreras asks ump for appeal on his swing and ump does it..lol