Really need Bryant to figure it out..
5 for 26 Men on Base
2 for 13 RISP

3 RBI on opening night
3 RBI since

Last edited:

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Bad call or not (I thought he swung), you dont go charging after an umpire like a lunatic..
Hate to see what he would of done had Baez not stopped him..

You are fabricating drama.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Quintana is absolutely dealing

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Javy and JHey holding the fort till the big guys get going.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
JD: He wants to stay away from middle in

Next Pitch: Middle In

Hit to the deepest part of the park for a long flyout

Lol

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Hope Bryant can get it going; tough watching him struggle.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
You know it's interesting that given the way the early season has played out and given Morrow is set back with the injury that the cubs back end of the bullpen should be pretty fresh unless they get over worked in may/june by the july deadline. Assuming strop closes this out he's only thrown 5 innings thus far. Rest of the pen has been used a bunch but the cream of the crop guys being some what rested for the late season is sorta nice.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Kintzler stepping up has been a huge lift.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
It will be nice if the Cards don't help the Brewers clinch in April.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
You know it's interesting that given the way the early season has played out and given Morrow is set back with the injury that the cubs back end of the bullpen should be pretty fresh unless they get over worked in may/june by the july deadline. Assuming strop closes this out he's only thrown 5 innings thus far. Rest of the pen has been used a bunch but the cream of the crop guys being some what rested for the late season is sorta nice.
Outside if Strop ,who are you considering cream of the crop guys from this group

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
4 out of 5. Let's make it 5 out of 6 tomorrow.

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Outside if Strop ,who are you considering cream of the crop guys from this group
I was literally just talking about Strop and Morrow in that comment. My point was mostly that in the playoffs you're really not going more than 3 or 4 deep. So, if those two are healthy and haven't had to be over used the start to this season could kind of be a blessing in disguise. Obviously you have to get to the playoffs and all that too and they likely still need more help besides those two. I'm just saying that it would be kind of nice if those two in particular don't have a bunch of wear and tear on them by july.

If we're having to burn out Kintzler by july it's not really a big deal right? Same goes for Ryan, Rosario.... pretty much everyone else. Cishek i'd prefer to keep a bit rested as well but honestly the way I see it is if you just entirely burn out Chatwood and the guys of that ilk by july and attempt to replace them with something at the deadline do we really care?

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I was literally just talking about Strop and Morrow in that comment. My point was mostly that in the playoffs you're really not going more than 3 or 4 deep. So, if those two are healthy and haven't had to be over used the start to this season could kind of be a blessing in disguise. Obviously you have to get to the playoffs and all that too and they likely still need more help besides those two. I'm just saying that it would be kind of nice if those two in particular don't have a bunch of wear and tear on them by july.

If we're having to burn out Kintzler by july it's not really a big deal right? Same goes for Ryan, Rosario.... pretty much everyone else. Cishek i'd prefer to keep a bit rested as well but honestly the way I see it is if you just entirely burn out Chatwood and the guys of that ilk by july and attempt to replace them with something at the deadline do we really care?
I get what you're saying about the playoffs but you still need to get through July August and September..
And as we saw the last couple years, more so last year, arms were falling off by September and they struggled..

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I get what you're saying about the playoffs but you still need to get through July August and September..
And as we saw the last couple years, more so last year, arms were falling off by September and they struggled..

What will help is Morrow starting a month late. That will help at the back end. Add to it I believe that they will end up using Happ in a deal.