Liked Posts:
Batting average of cubs 4 outfielders..

Heyward .222

Almora .190

Happ .179

Schwarber .172

This has to improve , there really noone in the system they can turn too

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I don't think they need to be worried about calling someone up from the minors just yet. If anything, it will only get better.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
That ball was a foot off the plate. Terrible call.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
I don't think they need to be worried about calling someone up from the minors just yet. If anything, it will only get better.
I wasnt saying now, and im sure those numbers will improve..

Just saying as they at least had Happ last year to bring up later in season, unless im missing someone..
i dont think they really have anyone that they can bring up later in year if these guys continue to struggle

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I wasnt saying now, and im sure those numbers will improve..

Just saying as they at least had Happ last year to bring up later in season, unless im missing someone..
i dont think they really have anyone that they can bring up later in year if these guys continue to struggle

Well, yeah. But once they brought Happ up, they had the same people then that they have now. No real difference. Happ and Schwarber won't hit under .200 all year (though it will feel like it, and they may give it a run for its money). Almora will be OK.

I think we can stop putting the young high K guys at leadoff. Completely opposite of what we need.

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
The bullpen looks fantastic again.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Well, yeah. But once they brought Happ up, they had the same people then that they have now. No real difference. Happ and Schwarber won't hit under .200 all year (though it will feel like it, and they may give it a run for its money). Almora will be OK.

I think we can stop putting the young high K guys at leadoff. Completely opposite of what we need.
Not really much choice to put there though..

I think he just going to rotate between Happ Almora and Zobrist all year, depending on who starting..

Zobrist i think is just going to play 2 and sit 2 to keep him fresh all year, i think that will help keep him playing well too..

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
Did anyone else see Contreras yelling fuck you to somebody when he got to 3rd?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houser. For the time out pitch.

That ball was a foot off the plate. Terrible call.

I don’t know about a foot, but it was pretty far outside. Baez standing there looking at it for a while was pretty funny.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Funny game..

Expected to win vs Marlins and Reds but they go 2 and 3..

Hoped they at least split in Milwaukee and they take 3 of 4..

Hoped for 7-3, got 5-4

Bullpen been great..

Starters better 2nd time through rotation

Some bats still struggling..

Home opener tomorrow against 1st place... Pirates?? Lol

Hopefully Rizzo back problem dont continue much longer

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Batting average of cubs 4 outfielders..

Heyward .222

Almora .190

Happ .179

Schwarber .172

This has to improve , there really noone in the system they can turn too

Let me introduce you to the concept of BABIP. With the exception of Happ, those 3 have been gutted by it. Heyward is .227(career .300). Almora is .235(career .326). And Schwarber is .188(career .259 which in of itself is also ridiculously low).

KCbear

Liked Posts:

I don’t know about a foot, but it was pretty far outside. Baez standing there looking at it for a while was pretty funny.

That’s what I figured. Funny stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:

I really hope Contreras was not yelling at the pitcher. The ump didn't have his hand up. I like Contreras' fire, but he doesn't need to turn into a dick.

If he wants to emulate Yadi, learn to frame pitches, and don't copy the douchey behavior. (Yadi shoved an ump today and was not ejected!)

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let me introduce you to the concept of BABIP. With the exception of Happ, those 3 have been gutted by it. Heyward is .227(career .300). Almora is .235(career .326). And Schwarber is .188(career .259 which in of itself is also ridiculously low).

Isn't BABIP the coach inducting Urlacher into the HOF? Bob Babip?

Globetrotter

Liked Posts:
If he wants to emulate Yadi, learn to frame pitches, and don't copy the douchey behavior. (Yadi shoved an ump today and was not ejected!)

Let’s not get too carried away. Let’s start with actually catching the ball first.

Joking aside, he’s turning into a guy you love watching on YOUR team, but hate if he’s not *cough* Ryan Braun. Gotta love the merciless booing at home.

I haven’t seen that scuffle yet, but we’re talking about a guy who had a ball stuck to his chest protected last year. Eh, no big deal. The cubs feed kept talking about the benches clearing and how they’d show it but never did.

chibears55

Liked Posts:

Ok.. so this is supposed to make what their currently doing better?

I get putting the ball in play gives you a great chance of getting a hit but an out an out in my book..

Heyward hasnt been a .300 BABIP since 2015...

He was a .284BABIP last year, did that make Heyward a good hitter last year? No

Does knowing he has a .300 career BABIP make you or anyone feel better or confidence in Heyward hitting? No

Yes he had some good AB this year and has hit the ball hard but he still making outs at about an 80% clip

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Let’s not get too carried away. Let’s start with actually catching the ball first.

Joking aside, he’s turning into a guy you love watching on YOUR team, but hate if he’s not *cough* Ryan Braun. Gotta love the merciless booing at home.

I haven’t seen that scuffle yet, but we’re talking about a guy who had a ball stuck to his chest protected last year. Eh, no big deal. The cubs feed kept talking about the benches clearing and how they’d show it but never did.

Neither of these guys are in Ryan Braun territory. Braun got caught not once, but twice, cheating with PED's, and ruined an innocent man's reputation in the process. (The Fedex driver). I'd hate him more on MY team than on another, given his false proclamation of innocence that sucked in all Bewers fans and Aaron Rodgers.

Many Cards fans are saying Yadi should face no discipline because the ump stepped between Yadi and the DBacks manager. Unreal. He was jawing at the AZ Mgr who was yelling at the ump.

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Yeah. It's really just too early to even get concerned with possibly the exception of Happ and his K rate.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Ok.. so this is supposed to make what their currently doing better?

I get putting the ball in play gives you a great chance of getting a hit but an out an out in my book..

Heyward hasnt been a .300 BABIP since 2015...

He was a .284BABIP last year, did that make Heyward a good hitter last year? No

Does knowing he has a .300 career BABIP make you or anyone feel better or confidence in Heyward hitting? No

Yes he had some good AB this year and has hit the ball hard but he still making outs at about an 80% clip

No. It's supposed to make people who understand BABIP realize they are likely to see a "correction". The point of the stat is that an out is not an out. If one guy doesn't K much, and another does, and their BA is currently equal, you can expect them to not wind up the same.

BABIP tends to even out more than BA, due primarily to K's and HR's. Not entirely - Rod Carew and Jason Heyward won't have the same BABIP. But it is an indicator.