IST: Cubs @ Dodgers

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Youd be the first inductee with all your let get this guy and that guy and go with this lineup and make Edwards a Starter and Chatwood a closer..

Post after post of you responding to your previous posts..lol

Quit being the kid that hides behind the curtain so they dont get bullied then shout out insults from a crowd of people to try and fit in...lol

Most of my ideas are actually doable.

I suggested they needed a lefty. Theo has said the same.

I said that they need a closer. Well that happened.

I said that Russell needs to play to gain value. Well he is playing and now has trade value.

Things I was wrong about.

Leading off with Schwarber. I said he is walk happy. Well he is now attacking more at the plate as of recent.

I don't recall saying start with Edwards but I might have in the past. If you recall that then fine.

I have said that they should promote Alzolay. Well they should. He is good enough to help this team now

At least I am not just a complainer that posts after they suck then shut up after they win a few.

If anything I tend to talk with Beck and bring up prospect stuff if they are sucking because no one likes a stick in the mud.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Come to think of it the Prez of development was quoted that Alzolay falls under health and team needs. He said that Albert has passed the health part but he has no control over the need aspect.

I would consider this to be a need issue.

Now if this is a minor injury then it would default to Montgomery. Promote a pen arm. Larger issue then it creates opertunity.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Report is here:

The Cubs have placed righty Kyle Hendrickson 10-Day IL with right shoulder inflammation, per Mark Gonzales of the Chicago Tribune. Righty Rowan Wick will come up from Triple-A Iowa to take his place.

Hendricks, 29, is outpacing his peripheral marks for the fifth time in six big league season thus far in 2019. The righty’s delivered 14 starts of 3.36 ERA ball with his typical microscopic walk rate, though his grounder percentage has dropped to an easily-career-worst 41.9%.

There’s no word yet on how long the command artist will remain sidelined, or who’ll replace him in the Cubs rotation. Tyler Chatwood, the only Cub apart from the opening five of Hendricks, Jon Lester, Cole Hamels, Yu Darvish, and Jose Quintana to get a start this season, would figure to be next in line, but he’s again been shaky in ’19 after signing a 3-year, $38MM deal prior to the 2018 campaign.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Report is they don't need a 5th until June 22. They have the 17th off so they are going with Wick.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Shocked they haven't changed that error to a hit for Bryant yet.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great win! Great 9th by Strop. Darvish keeps getting better!

Rizzo cluth!

Fuck it doe! We suck

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Wow. What a win. Darvish was really good

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I hope this is a turning point for Yu.

I see that he owns up to his weaknesses/failures. That's impressive.

He was open about how this was a big game for him, and he pitched extremely well against a very good offense.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That was a really nice win!

Always sweet to snag a victory out of the jaws of defeat. Might be the last time we see Jansen for awhile.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
“Alzolay is on a real roll at Triple-A, and we’d been planning even before this to possibly give him a couple of spot starts at some point over the next month or so,” Epstein said, “just to get his feet wet and also give our veteran rotation guys a little bit of a breather during a stretch in the schedule where we don’t have a lot of off days.”
Alzolay, who recently earned a Pacific Coast League pitcher of the week award, has a 1.93 ERA in his last five starts with 40 strikeouts and three walks in 28 innings. He last pitched Friday, making him available should the Cubs choose to slot him into the rotation.
“We’ll see if we can find a way to get him some time up here and also give an opportunity to the guys in the pen who have been waiting for their turns, as well,” Epstein said.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
So it sounds like it is going to happen.

Theo was saying before this issue that they were planning to go with 6 into the break. Now we might end up seeing Alzolay in for Kyle and Montgomery and Chatwood spot starting on runs of games.

Theo is playing the long game right now.

But I believe it will be a earn another start situation.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
D9NJMBKWkAACRRR.jpg

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'd be really happy with a 3-4 trip and a series split vs. LA.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks