IST: Cubs vs. DBacks

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Then why do you need to whine about it 12 times a day?

If you expect them to be .500 and miss the playoffs, fine. Are you going to whine all 81 times they lose?
Yeah ok..lol
Exaggerate much

I only mention something when someone quotes me or it part of a discussion that someone else starts..

So move on to something or someone else cause until today you all had nothing to say towards me and that only because someone called me out and instead of ignoring it , I chimed back..

I'll go back to ignoring again

chibears55

Liked Posts:
This is what I've been talking about..

You cant trust anyone in the pen

You get a surprise start from Chatwood and the offense can only scratch 1 run off a bad starter and Strop cant close it out

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
He has been successful in the past.

Best case is he forces a rotation slot pushing Darvish into the closer job.

Morrow going down indefinite will force tough choices.

I still say Chatwood might be a better closer. Yu and pressure just plain do not mix.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Javy..best player on this team

3 chances to get him home

jooo83

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. DePaul Blue Demons
I know a logical alternative doesn't appear to exist, but I'm not a fan of awarding a pitcher a W after blowing a save/lead.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Yeah ok..lol
Exaggerate much

I only mention something when someone quotes me or it part of a discussion that someone else starts..

So move on to something or someone else cause until today you all had nothing to say towards me and that only because someone called me out and instead of ignoring it , I chimed back..

I'll go back to ignoring again
You react to every single loss in a 162-game season as though it is an elimination game in the postseason. That's just not normal.

Of course fans can be upset about individual losses, plays that cost a game that could/should have been won, etc. We all do from time to time. But you post on here that the season is lost after every negative play.

Last edited:

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I cannot reconcile Strop’s stats with his performance. On paper/stats he is a quality reliever, but when I watch him he inspires 0.0 confidence.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I cannot reconcile Strop’s stats with his performance. On paper/stats he is a quality reliever, but when I watch him he inspires 0.0 confidence.
He is actually one of the best relievers in Cubs history. lol

chibears55

Liked Posts:
He just not a closer...
7th 8th inning he done well, just not the guy you want closing out a 1 or 2 run game ...

Overall though, he done pretty good as a cub

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Yeah, but she was being induced into labor to schedule the birth on an off day. Really dont know how I feel about that. I usually err to the side of nature taking its course.

either way, back to normal current cub fans. They are ready to replace Darvish with Chatwood after one great appearance.

I don't think anyone said that.

But from the results they will have to make a decision with the rotation when Lester returns.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Entering Sunday, the D-backs had a 100 wRC+ with a .769 OPS against right-handed pitchers, compared to a 126 wRC+ and .872 OPS against lefties. Initially, lefty Jose Quintana was scheduled to start on Sunday, but he will now take the ball on Tuesday against the Dodgers.

It's possible that the Cubs will throw three lefties at Los Angeles, with Cole Hamels penciled in to start Wednesday and Lester possibly coming off the injured list as early as Thursday. Entering Sunday, the Dodgers had a 112 wRC+ and .800 OPS vs. southpaws, compared to a 126 wRC+ and .855 OPS against right-handers.