IST: Cubs vs. DBacks

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Who knows this might end up being a strat this year. A team with a glaring split they utilize Montgomery and Chatwood to force these matchups in pending series.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I cannot reconcile Strop’s stats with his performance. On paper/stats he is a quality reliever, but when I watch him he inspires 0.0 confidence.

His hick ups are glaring because they happen infrequent. There has been times that he goes unnoticed for 3 months. It has only been recent that he has come under the microscope.

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
I cannot reconcile Strop’s stats with his performance. On paper/stats he is a quality reliever, but when I watch him he inspires 0.0 confidence.

Recency bias in action.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What's the current thinking on our superstar, Bryant? Anyone really want to invest $300m on this guy? Anyone think it would hamstring our team for years. Is he really better than Bote? Is Bryant really in the top 10 3rd basemen in baseball right now?

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
What's the current thinking on our superstar, Bryant? Anyone really want to invest $300m on this guy? Anyone think it would hamstring our team for years. Is he really better than Bote? Is Bryant really in the top 10 3rd basemen in baseball right now?

Dementia in action.

TL1961

Liked Posts:

Bryant hasn't been the same since he was hit in the head. They talk about the shoulder, but he got hit in the head around that same time. I wouldn't rush to give him $300 million, but I would also send someone to the asylum if they think Bote is as good.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Contreras
Baez
Russell
Bryant
Schwarber
Those are the 5 young players the cubs were banking on to be the future core

Right now, Baez is the only one that stabilized his position there..
Contreras looks as if he has bounced back so far from his struggle last year ..

Bryant and Schwarber are still lost

Russell is a question mark

They only end up with 2 of these guys establishing themselves going forward, that could be a big punch in the gut for them

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Bryant hasn't been the same since he was hit in the head. They talk about the shoulder, but he got hit in the head around that same time.
Interesting take. Not often that a guy goes from being top 5 in the league to a non-factor. Given him and his agents inflated view of his talents it will be interesting what he gets. Theo and Jed may be ready for this guy to walk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Interesting take. Not often that a guy goes from being top 5 in the league to a non-factor. Given him and his agents inflated view of his talents it will be interesting what he gets. Theo and Jed may be ready for this guy to walk

I'm not ready to go all "Chicken Little" just yet. It's April 22.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Contreras
Baez
Russell
Bryant
Schwarber
Those are the 5 young players the cubs were banking on to be the future core

Right now, Baez is the only one that stabilized his position there..
Contreras looks as if he has bounced back so far from his struggle last year ..

Bryant and Schwarber are still lost

Russell is a question mark

They only end up with 2 of these guys establishing themselves going forward, that could be a big punch in the gut for them
Cub's fans want to beleive their team is uber talented but truth its a slightly above average team. At this point Baez is the only real star. Contrast that to the RSox, Dodgers, Brewers, Yankees, Astros and some of the upcoming teams like the Rays and maybe the Cubs future doesnt look so bright.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cub's fans want to beleive their team is uber talented but truth its a slightly above average team. At this point Baez is the only real star. Contrast that to the RSox, Dodgers, Brewers, Yankees, Astros and some of the upcoming teams like the Rays and maybe the Cubs future doesnt look so bright.
That because their in year 4/5 for the young core guys and only Baez and so far Contreras are at that next level..

Russell and Schwarber been disappointments ...

Bryant has everyone waiting and hoping he returns to glory

Hopefully Hoerner when he comes up can be special

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
That because their in year 4/5 for the young core guys and only Baez and so far Contreras are at that next level..

Russell and Schwarber been disappointments ...

Bryant has everyone waiting and hoping he returns to glory

Hopefully Hoerner when he comes up can be special
OK but 1-2 good players isnt enough. Do the Cubs even have a player in the top 30? Maybe Baez. Face it the other teams I mentioned have superior talent. Ask their GMs if they would trade for the Cubs "stars" and I'm betting they would laugh

Bryants MVP years reminds me of Carl Yastremski MVP....good but not great. A great player has a .330 year and plays great defense. That will never be Bryant. A .270 career average with average defense is not a great career in this era of training, good foods, comfortable travel, a max contracts

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
OK but 1-2 good players isnt enough. Do the Cubs even have a player in the top 30? Maybe Baez. Face it the other teams I mentioned have superior talent. Ask their GMs if they would trade for the Cubs "stars" and I'm betting they would laugh

Bryants MVP years reminds me of Carl Yastremski MVP....good but not great. A great player has a .330 year and plays great defense. That will never be Bryant. A .270 career average with average defense is not a great career in this era of training, good foods, comfortable travel, a max contracts
Dont make me Scoot you in the Cubs forum

chibears55

Liked Posts:

That what I'm saying...
If they only come away with 2 of those 5 core hopefuls, that going to be a real punch in the gut for them