IST: Cubs vs. Dodgers

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
He hasn’t forced this year. He forces mistakes on the base path because his instincts are maybe the best in the league. Simmons is probably the best defensive SS then they are some jumbling.crawford has lost a step. His range plays with anyone. You are only talking routine errors which, yet again, he has not had this year.
I've seen him throw a ball into the camera well that he had no shot at the runner this season but whatever man you do you.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well that didn’t help my argument lol

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen him throw a ball into the camera well that he had no shot at the runner this season but whatever man you do you.
Russell never threw a ball away. Ever

chibears55

Liked Posts:
All this talk about Baez defense made him commit an error..lol

Let get Lester some runs now

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Bryant seems to be seeing the ball well lately. He has to have a mental block.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Saw that fucking DP coming a mile away

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Not a fan of Rosario but at least Joe had the super quick hook after 5 straight balls.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Bryant seems to be seeing the ball well lately. He has to have a mental block.

Derosa on the radio the radio the other day gave his opinion on Bryant..

He says the swing is fine now , he just feels that his timing is off .
He based that on the surplus of groundball outs he has this year which isn't a norm for him because he a flyball hitter...
He says that because he been out in front and hitting balls on the ground.

He figures once Bryant gets his timing down, he'll be fine

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Kintzler and Ryan been Maddon go to guys from the pen lately....

Seems like he uses them every game, like he did with Chisek and Chavez til their arms fell off

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Cubs have had multiple chances to score today, just couldn't get that big hit...

Tough one to lose if they end up doing

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Could have gone better but least they kept themselves in the game

beckdawg

Liked Posts:
Ryan just looks like a legit piece of a good bullpen. I mean he's not like set up or closer level but dude definitely looks like he belongs on a playoff team

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Well Strop got his car jacked...

Also

Return for Russell still TBD

Cubs president of baseball operations Theo Epstein reiterated that there is no timeline on Addison Russell’s situation, and the club would do what it feels is in the best interest of the team.

“We’re not getting ahead of the story. He’s day to day. He’s going to be down there for seven days and we’ll make a determination about what’s best for the organization,” Epstein told reporters before Thursday’s game. “Nothing is promised. We’re just making sure he puts in the necessary work off the field and then monitoring his baseball progression.”

Epstein added that Russell could be optioned to Triple-A Iowa after his seven-day prep there.

Maddon said Russell will “likely” play multiple positions during his stint with Triple-A Iowa. Russell is eligible to return from the restricted list on May 3 vs. St. Louis.

“As he’s down there getting ready to come back, he will likely play multiple positions. Yes,” Maddon said. “We’ll make a final determination on that once he gets ready to come back up.”

Maddon added that while Russell is capable of playing several positions, he would primarily play second base and shortstop during his prep in Iowa.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I was actually thinking about this last night. With Bryant, Schwarber and Rizzo all hitting below .235 they really can't afford to give up O right now.

I think this is what it comes down to on the balk.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Derosa on the radio the radio the other day gave his opinion on Bryant..

He says the swing is fine now , he just feels that his timing is off .
He based that on the surplus of groundball outs he has this year which isn't a norm for him because he a flyball hitter...
He says that because he been out in front and hitting balls on the ground.

He figures once Bryant gets his timing down, he'll be fine
I dont think KB is going to mention any pain in his shoulder to anyone because all us dontknowshits are gonna say he should have had the surgery. Leave him at third base for a few weeks straight, no outfield and see if his offense comes around. Let Bote go out to left field. They always say players are in the game in the infield and have more time to react in the outfield so end up thinking about other stuff, like his batting average.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
Ryan just looks like a legit piece of a good bullpen. I mean he's not like set up or closer level but dude definitely looks like he belongs on a playoff team

That is why they demoted Rosario first then Collins. They seem to trust him now.

I look at WHIP over anything with pen arms. These guys are normally coming in with some issues to deal with and walks and hits will kill you then.

Collins: 2.10
Rosario 1.86

Webser has been used sparingly also: 1.94 I expect him axed next.

Brach has been lucky. 3.38 ERA 1.69 WHIP it has kept him under the radar.

But Ryan... 1.25 WHIP. it makes his 2.25 ERA more legit

But as far as pen arms:

Kintzler .56 WHIP
Strop: .78
Chatwood: 1.25
Ryan: 1.25
Cishek: 1.45
Brach: 1.69
Webster: 1.94

Think Mills is there also. Not sure if he is just for emergency mop up or is he in the plans right now.

EDIT: Just noticed Rosario promoted Mills demoted. This seems place holder for Montgomery. (he is on a rehab stint 1 start at SB and 1 at Tenn)

Last edited: