Ist: Cubs vs pirates

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Picked on heyward for making an out, and he adds two hits since, to be 3-4. Keep it up!

Should we add that Edwards coming in is worrisome, just to play it safe?

CSF77

Liked Posts:
According to who?
You

We have no idea what kinda career this kid will have in the majors, he pitched 10 innings ....

He looked really good so far

Keep in mind Also, he was starting in the minors his first 6 years, he didn't get moved to the pen til last year..

He thriving at it , his fastball went from mid 90s to high 90s and even clocked 100 a couple times..

Sure Epstein got him for nothing (Sczcur) but sometimes you hit on those and so far he hasn't disappointed...

You're only going against him because he was picked up in a minor trade over being homegrown

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Fair enough. But remember 10 IP is just that. Don't get wrapped up with it. Hey I was jazzed about Maples last year and...ya. Had warts and they are showing. And he throws 98 with a insane SO/9 when he isn't hitting the fans.

Just saying. Don't get wrapped up in it.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Fair enough. But remember 10 IP is just that. Don't get wrapped up with it. Hey I was jazzed about Maples last year and...ya. Had warts and they are showing. And he throws 98 with a insane SO/9 when he isn't hitting the fans.

Just saying. Don't get wrapped up in it.
I never got wrapped up in it..lol
I just think that the kid has done well and deserves to stay

My origional post was just that it didn't make sense at the time as to why they sent him down and kept Rosario up ..

But

It made sense later that it was probably because they need Rosario as a LH long reliever to replace Montgomery in the pen with Montgomery starting now...

And

I believe I saw that when someone brought up, they have to stay up for 5 days..
Which is why i think once Farrell 5 days are up, he'll go back down and Hancock will return

TL1961

Liked Posts:
When Cubs were down 4-3, they mentioned they had only one win all year when trailing after 7. (Or entering 7th, possibly)

They have scored 5 times since. Refreshing to see.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Should we add that Edwards coming in is worrisome, just to play it safe?

I never have an issue with Edwards coming in. He is not perfect, but I am pretty confident when he is in.

A.C. Milan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I want Schwarber to be an everyday player

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If you are talking Almora vs Happ: Yes you are losing serious value. #3 is Trout at 14.0 The difference in Happ and Almora is greater. 14.7.

But talking about major league avg. That is 0. So you are not losing value when talking about the mean.

But when you have the best and sit him for above MLB avg D you lose value.

That's the whole point. Saying "We're not losing value to play Happ" is inaccurate since we have MLB's best. We lose more value than any other team would. It is ludicrous to play Happ in CF and Heyward in RF as we did tonight. I understand sitting Heyward, but when he and Happ play together, it's nuts to put Happ in CF.

Joe just can't control himself. Maybe you don't to play Almora 162 games. But it is nonsensical to sit him as often as he does.

CSF77

Liked Posts:

My origional post was just that it didn't make sense at the time as to why they sent him down and kept Rosario up ..

But

It made sense later that it was probably because they need Rosario as a LH long reliever to replace Montgomery in the pen with Montgomery starting now...

And

Which is why i think once Farrell 5 days are up, he'll go back down and Hancock will return

Think Darvish is due back on the 7th.

29: Lester
30: Hendricks
31: Quintana
1: Chattwood
2: Montgomery
3: Lester
4: off
5: Hendricks
6: Quintana
7: Darvish (or Chattwood)
8: Chattwood (or Montgomery)

Kinda depends on who they decide to go forward with in the pen vs the rotation. If Montgomery is dominate and Chatwood continues to dud you can expect a switch at that point Rosario makes plenty of sense staying up and if he falters then Zant would be the next in line. flip it and sure your boy makes sense.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

But

And

The line of the year.....over 11,000 posts.

:aj:

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Think Darvish is due back on the 7th.

29: Lester
30: Hendricks
31: Quintana
1: Chattwood
2: Montgomery
3: Lester
4: off
5: Hendricks
6: Quintana
7: Darvish (or Chattwood)
8: Chattwood (or Montgomery)

Kinda depends on who they decide to go forward with in the pen vs the rotation. If Montgomery is dominate and Chatwood continues to dud you can expect a switch at that point Rosario makes plenty of sense staying up and if he falters then Zant would be the next in line. flip it and sure your boy makes sense.
They will send Farrell down for Hancock

CSF77

Liked Posts:
That's the whole point. Saying "We're not losing value to play Happ" is inaccurate since we have MLB's best. We lose more value than any other team would. It is ludicrous to play Happ in CF and Heyward in RF as we did tonight. I understand sitting Heyward, but when he and Happ play together, it's nuts to put Happ in CF.

Joe just can't control himself. Maybe you don't to play Almora 162 games. But it is nonsensical to sit him as often as he does.

Dude I agree with you. But when talking about a player you have to look at him vs the mean.

UZR/150 (ultimate zone rate per 150 games): The number of runs above or below average a fielder is, per 150 defensive games.

So it is a solid tool to get every player on equal footing.

4.7 sits behind Tommy Pham and ahead of Michael Taylor for #12 in the league. If he had the qualified innings that is. That alone is not piss poor and saying we have a train wreck out there. But the problem comes into play when you pull innings away from Almora.

Almora: 284 innings: UZR 4.1 Def: 4.6
Cain 434 innings. 4.2 UZR. Def: 5.0

Those innings missed are costing him the GG in a race that he should be winning.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
They really don't need to blow this one.

chibears55

Liked Posts:
Another bold predict? What are you 0-3 now?
You gettin ballsy lately...youre arguing with everyone

You really think theyll keep Farrell up

chibears55

Liked Posts:
They still havent announced result on Darvish MRI...

Have to think if it wasn't serious they would of said that already..

What if it the worse and he out for season...
Where do they go for his replacement

Doubt they stick with Montgomery and Chatwood

CSF77

Liked Posts:
They still havent announced result on Darvish MRI...

Have to think if it wasn't serious they would of said that already..

What if it the worse and he out for season...
Where do they go for his replacement

Doubt they stick with Montgomery and Chatwood

I suggested trading Underwood for Tyson Ross myself. At least that is a rental situation. They have Smyly on the 60 day and should be back around Aug. So that is another arm that you could lean on later season.

I really doubt that Darvish is going to be out extended here but I really don't see them tapping out either. Underwood for Ross makes sense for both teams then. Or if Smyly looks like that he can take over Montgomery's role and Montgomery proves that he is a starter in Yu's absence so much the better.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
You gettin ballsy lately...youre arguing with everyone

You really think theyll keep Farrell up

No. I believe status Que until Darvish returns.

Lester, Hendricks, Q, Chatwood, Montgomery

Morrow, Cishek, Edwards, Strop

Wilson, Duesing, Rosario

Farrell

Now we are talking 7 games until Darvish returns and one gets axed. Farrell is the most likely and if he spins a turd it may come sooner. Regardless if they recall Hancock it would be until Darvish returns or Butler recovers from his groin injury. because this is his spot we are talking about.

Butler never lost it. He is injured. So lets keep things in perspective. We are arguing about injury fillers....

chibears55

Liked Posts:
No. I believe status Que until Darvish returns.

Lester, Hendricks, Q, Chatwood, Montgomery

Morrow, Cishek, Edwards, Strop

Wilson, Duesing, Rosario

Farrell

Now we are talking 7 games until Darvish returns and one gets axed. Farrell is the most likely and if he spins a turd it may come sooner. Regardless if they recall Hancock it would be until Darvish returns or Butler recovers from his groin injury. because this is his spot we are talking about.
And Why would they keep Farrell up who was only brought up cause they needed a fresh arm and was a just in case if needed in Montgomery start..

Farrell 6 IP 10 hits 5 ER

But whatever...

CSF77

Liked Posts:
And Why would they keep Farrell up who was only brought up cause they needed a fresh arm and was a just in case if needed in Montgomery start..

Farrell 6 IP 10 hits 5 ER

But whatever...

Man this is like fighting over who is the tallest midget.