D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Forest from the trees here derp king. It's not specifically about the Heat, it's about making knee jerk reactions on a 5 game sample size of any team. You think the Kings are making the playoffs? Will the Raptors be the 1 seed?

You cannot be this dense. The Cavs are not just LeBron. And I am certain that LeBron did not come back to Cleveland to play 1 on 5 ball.

LeBron knows that talent is nothing without hard work, but both Love and Kyrie (especially Kyrie) are losers with a loser's mentality. So Bron Bron comes in to save the day, and to them, their jobs should be easier (in their minds)...that LeBron is going to carry them to championships.

Fuck the 5 game sampling, LeBron is realizing that he is surrounded by a bunch of weak willed, lazy, players.

You cannot force a loser to become a winner. Nor can you force a lazy person to become a go getter. They have to want it for themselves, to make that change, and put in the work.

Both Love and Irving have shown their entire professional careers that are perfectly happy to be well paid losers.

But this is the NBA, not the And1 mix tapes.

I hate to break it to you, but LeBron does not have magical pixie dust, to transform those slacking-under achievers, into winners.

And with the idiotic shit you spew, your use of herp derp is ironic.

LeBron is not happy with the losing, but to Irving, Love, Shumpert, and all of the rest of the Cavs...it is business as usual.

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You cannot be this dense. The Cavs are not just LeBron. And I am certain that LeBron did not come back to Cleveland to play 1 on 5 ball.

LeBron knows that talent is nothing without hard work, but both Love and Kyrie (especially Kyrie) are losers with a loser's mentality. So Bron Bron comes in to save the day, and to them, their jobs should be easier (in their minds)...that LeBron is going to carry them to championships.

Fuck the 5 game sampling, LeBron is realizing that he is surrounded by a bunch of weak willed, lazy, players.

You cannot force a loser to become a winner. Nor can you force a lazy person to become a go getter. They have to want it for themselves, to make that change, and put in the work.

Both Love and Irving have shown their entire professional careers that are perfectly happy to be well paid losers.

I hate to break it to you, but LeBron does not have magical pixie dust, to transform those slacking-under achievers, into winners.

LeBron is not happy with the losing, but to Irving, Love, Shumpert, and all of the rest of the Cavs...it is business as usual.

Herp Derp.

LOL at your overreaction to 5 games.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never understood folks who think that Lebron can be paired up with a shooting/driving point guard. This idea will never work well. A Westbrook, or Rose or Irving with Lebron not such a good idea. Lebron needs to have the ball in his hands a lot. A team would be much better with a great Defensive/ball distributer point guard.

That was the one thing about Miami that worked in my opinion. Not having a great point guard.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

No offense, but please take that advice when it comes to Jay Cutler.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've never understood folks who think that Lebron can be paired up with a shooting/driving point guard. This idea will never work well. A Westbrook, or Rose or Irving with Lebron not such a good idea. Lebron needs to have the ball in his hands a lot. A team would be much better with a great Defensive/ball distributer point guard.

That was the one thing about Miami that worked in my opinion. Not having a great point guard.

You realize that's pretty much exactly what Wade was in Miami prior to James' arrival right?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Herp Derp.

LOL at your overreaction to 5 games.

This has nothing to do with 5 games. Did you eat paint chips as child?

In James' own words:

"There's a lot of bad habits, a lot of bad habits been built up the past couple years," James said to the media moments after the exchange. "When you play that style of basketball, it takes a lot to get it up out of you."

There is no talk about adjusting, or learning the system. James is calling out the Cavs' culture of laziness, and lack of discipline.

That has jack shit to do with a 5 game sample.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

No one understood how LeBron could be paired with an isolation PF and SG in Bosh and Wade either, but they made it work.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
You realize that's pretty much exactly what Wade was in Miami prior to James' arrival right?

Wade has way more versatility to his game than an Irving, and if you recall, there also was an adjustment period, then championships when Wade played off the ball, not the primary ball handler. I don't see Irving relinquishing the ball to Lebron so he can run off picks or post up in the block, things Wade did often.

Wade could play a 2 guard or small forward position as well as the main ball handler/driving forward. Not sure Irving is made up the same way. Can he slide into a 2 guard position or Sm forward position? Can he fix his desire to be the scoring point?

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

It is not player types that is the issue. It is player mentality. Both Westbrook or Rose would play well with LeBron. They are both hard workers, willing to do whatever it takes to win.

The issue in Cleveland, is that he LeBron is surrounded by mentally weak, lazy players who are satisfied with losing, and have no real desire to win.

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
It is not player types that is the issue. It is player mentality. Both Westbrook or Rose would play well with LeBron. They are both hard workers, willing to do whatever it takes to win.

The issue in Cleveland, is that he LeBron is surrounded by mentally weak, lazy players who are satisfied with losing, and have no real desire to win.

Guess, that is what I alluded to in my edit. Wade was smart enough, hard working enough and had the skill to change his role. Time will tell with Irving.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wade has way more versatility to his game than an Irving, and if you recall, there also was an adjustment period, then championships when Wade played off the ball, not the primary ball handler. I don't see Irving relinquishing the ball to Lebron so he can run off picks or post up in the block, things Wade did often.

Wade could play a 2 guard or small forward position as well as the main ball handler/driving forward. Not sure Irving is made up the same way. Can he slide into a 2 guard position or Sm forward position? Can he fix his desire to be the scoring point?

Love the knee jerk reactions to this shit. Remember when the Heat started off poorly in 2010?

They ended up going to 4 straight NBA Finals.

The EC isn't going anywhere. James knows this. They have plenty of time to work through this crap.

Can anyone here read?

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This has nothing to do with 5 games. Did you eat paint chips as child?

In James' own words:

"There's a lot of bad habits, a lot of bad habits been built up the past couple years," James said to the media moments after the exchange. "When you play that style of basketball, it takes a lot to get it up out of you."

There is no talk about adjusting, or learning the system. James is calling out the Cavs' culture of laziness, and lack of discipline.

That has jack shit to do with a 5 game sample.

I think Iman Shumpert will make a huge difference.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
No offense, but please take that advice when it comes to Jay Cutler.

Aren't you a mod? And with all the whining mods made about Cutler threads in the Bears forum-merging everything into a cesspool of a thread, and ultimately a sub forum...why are you trying to hijack a Basketball thread in the Bulls forum, and bring Cutler threads into another forum?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Aren't you a mod? And with all the whining mods made about Cutler threads in the Bears forum-merging everything into a cesspool of a thread, and ultimately a sub forum...why are you trying to hijack a Basketball thread in the Bulls forum, and bring Cutler threads into another forum?

Because it feeds into this. I don't understand how you call two NBA stars losers because they played on losing teams and couldn't lead their teams to the playoffs, yet won't call a non-star QB on the Bears a loser despite failing to lead his losing team to the playoffs year in and year out minus the one year that they did, yet still lost to their arch rivals, and he helped allow the arch rivals into the playoffs in the first place.

I repeat, I don't understand how you think one guy can suddenly become a winner, while two NBA stars cannot.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

tumblr_m9c4fvSPeC1qakh43o1_r2_500.gif

tumblr_m9c4fvSPeC1qakh43o3_r1_500.gif

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Because it feeds into this. I don't understand how you call two NBA stars losers because they played on losing teams and couldn't lead their teams to the playoffs, yet won't call a non-star QB on the Bears a loser despite failing to lead his losing team to the playoffs year in and year out minus the one year that they did, yet still lost to their arch rivals, and he helped allow the arch rivals into the playoffs in the first place.

I don't understand how you think one guy can suddenly become a winner, while two NBA stars cannot.

I don't pretend that Cutler is a Superstar QB. I think he is good. But I don't think he is elite... So when he isn't elite, I don't get butt hurt.

Shepard

Renegade
Donator
Liked Posts:
No one understood how LeBron could be paired with an isolation PF and SG in Bosh and Wade either, but they made it work.

No one understood how they could be paired offensively....but defensively everyone was scared to death.

He doesn't have the same cast defensively in Cleveland, which is worth the concern.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
No one understood how they could be paired offensively....but defensively everyone was scared to death.

He doesn't have the same cast defensively in Cleveland, which is worth the concern.
I don't deny that, but I also don't deny that they can vastly improve. While I may make comparisons to Miami, I know its not the same exact situation. My point is to caution Bulls fans who are entirely too optimistic. Cleveland can, and probably will, turn this around in time. They may not start clicking as early as Miami did, but it probably doesn't matter. It doesn't take a whole lot to make the playoffs in the East.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I don't pretend that Cutler is a Superstar QB. I think he is good. But I don't think he is elite... So when he isn't elite, I don't get butt hurt.

So, for clarification reasons, you're butthurt Love and Irving haven't led their teams to the playoffs yet?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

That's an interesting point. When you think about it, the Bulls in their glory years never had a great point guard either. Pip was essentially a point forward in the triangle. Was that because of Jackson's triangle approach? I don't know why a truly good point guard couldn't co-exist with Lebron who I agree does controlthe ball a lot. It is workable I would think. No one demanded the ball more than Jordan and Pippen was a perfect partner with him. I think that the problem is not the offense that they run but rather than Irving himself and whether he can co-exist with Lebron.