White

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Funny talk on the radio speculates the Bulls packaging Zach Lavine and the 7th pick in a trade for the 3rd pick. Does anyone even want Lavine's contract, much less view it as an asset? Maybe I'm not reading the NBA correctly, but I didn't think other teams thought of Lavine as highly as the Bulls do.

You should see Otto Porter’s contract lol. It’s exponentially worse considering his talent.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
If we trade to #3 and don't take Barrett that would be the kicker.

However...if we trade up to #3...

then flip Barrett to the Pelicans for a kings ransom that includes #4...

Lets say #4(Garland), and Ingram...

would make more sense and bring things the team needs, defense not withstanding.
Why would the Pelicans trade a young potential all star and the 4th pick for RJ Barrett? In what realm would that even be a possibility?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Why would the Pelicans trade a young potential all star and the 4th pick for RJ Barrett? In what realm would that even be a possibility?

Zion's teammate would make him happy? Just a wild guess on my part, though.

SilenceS

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
He had a better season than LeBron last year. You asked a ridiculous question. I supplied an answer. Sorry for thinking that the Pelicans rebuild is centered on Zion Williamson.
Im just sorry I read your answer

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Zion's teammate would make him happy? Just a wild guess on my part, though.

Thats how I see it, they were not just team mates at Duke, they were on the same big name team before Duke. He will be gone by 4, unless something has New York taking the question marks of Garland, Hunter or Culver instead of him. It is the knicks so you never know. I mean, what was dukes record when RJ was the main guy?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Funny talk on the radio speculates the Bulls packaging Zach Lavine and the 7th pick in a trade for the 3rd pick. Does anyone even want Lavine's contract, much less view it as an asset? Maybe I'm not reading the NBA correctly, but I didn't think other teams thought of Lavine as highly as the Bulls do.

Lavine's contract has negative value, or - at best - neutral value. It is not an asset for the Bulls, not something of value that another team will pay for.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
Lavine's contract has negative value, or - at best - neutral value. It is not an asset for the Bulls, not something of value that another team will pay for.
I dont see why not. If anything, he proved that his knee was healthy, that was what kept teams off him as a restricted free agent.

With Paul making 40 million at 37, Conley being guy averaging 33 over the next two, why wouldn't 18-20 million be positive value for a guy that will shoot enough to average 30 points?

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Knicks are probably not considering Garland at #3, but considering a trade offer behind them with Garland as a big possibility.

That would make sense with them exploring FRank Niktenilla or whatever.

The Pelicans moving up one to pay for Barrett wouldn't surprise me but they have to convince the Knicks to take Garland and some of their huge stash of laker ammo.
Or Ball to Knicks and #4, plus a 3rd party involved who wants Holiday or a PG.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why did the Lakers pay so much for a guy they could have in free agency?

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
I dont see why not. If anything, he proved that his knee was healthy, that was what kept teams off him as a restricted free agent.

With Paul making 40 million at 37, Conley being guy averaging 33 over the next two, why wouldn't 18-20 million be positive value for a guy that will shoot enough to average 30 points?

Because CP3 and Conley are WAY better players than Lavine, and guess what - their contracts also had negative/negligible trade value.

Only the two dumbest and most desperate GMs (ParPax, Vlade) were willing to pay Lavine $20M/season. He is a guy who is a volume-scorer on shit teams, a matador on D, just MEH.

No one is giving us anything for his contract.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
He had a better season than LeBron last year. You asked a ridiculous question. I supplied an answer. Sorry for thinking that the Pelicans rebuild is centered on Zion Williamson.
The rebuild is clearly set on Jru Holiday.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Is there a way that CCS could put 'protective netting' around SilenceS? Just curious.