LEAST regrettable purchase you have ever made.

Fatman LOU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Ok nitwits, thought I would pass this along as a public service to the fine members of the CSS

I have been researching soundbars and finally settled on the $1300 Sony STHT5000 which is fabuolus and befitting the spacious OmeletDen. In the course of this purchase I looked at all kinds of soundbars from $200 up. One that did a nice job clarifying voice and adding some bass and depth to the TV was this bose for $200. For the price it did a nice job.

Now it's selling for $100 which is a steal and will add to your listening enjoyment. Uses an optical cable not HDMI which only really changes how the soundbar is controlled and does nothing to affect the sound

I dont understand, you paid $ 1,300.00 for a soundbar to go with your $ 169.00 Toshiba tv?

Last edited:

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
I dont understand, you paid $ 1,300.00 for a soundbar to go with you're $ 169.00 Toshiba tv?
I have 3 big screens. Why do I need to spend $3500 on a set for the basement I use twice a week

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Quality tools. I have had cheap shit and I have paid for decent tools and I always appreciate when I use a good tool and it saves me from headaches.

Quality food. I stopped buying off brand food a long time ago, but in the last few years I spend more time reading labels and understanding what I am buying and I think it shows in taste, and nutritional value.

Quality tools are always worth the cost. But to your food point, a lot of those "off-brands" are made by the exact same companies and are just put into different packaging. It is the exact same shit, especially a lot of store brand labels. Of course, there are some brands that really are worse, it's honestly just trial and error.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy too much.

My truck is my office, and there is no room for the coffee maker.
2-3 times a day I would get a large coffee with a couple shots.... so 15 a day give or take.

Now It is a bag or 2 of coffee a week, so 15-20 per week.

On the plus side, I dont drink alcohol or soda, so I spend way less on drinks than most of the world

I'm going to brag here, my mom still buys me a year supply of coffee every Christmas. I haven't consistently paid for coffee in almost a decade.

Ok nitwits, thought I would pass this along as a public service to the fine members of the CSS

Now it's selling for $100 which is a steal and will add to your listening enjoyment. Uses an optical cable not HDMI which only really changes how the soundbar is controlled and does nothing to affect the sound

HDMI is able to transmit high-res audio. Optical cannot. So it does indeed affect the sound.

Last edited:

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Quality tools are always worth the cost. But to your food point, a lot of those "off-brands" are made by the exact same companies and are just put into different packaging. It is the exact same shit, especially a lot of store brand labels. Of course, there are some brands that really are worse, it's honestly just trial and error.

I agree, especially if it's Costco brand.

I'm talking more about reading labels and buying food that doesn't have garbage ingredients.

If we're talking about a can of green beans I don't think it matters much, unless you want organic. But there are a lot of off and on brands that put garbage in their products that you can find alternatives to if you're educated on understanding labels.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
My least regrettable purchase is quality toilet paper.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I agree, especially if it's Costco brand.

I'm talking more about reading labels and buying food that doesn't have garbage ingredients.

If we're talking about a can of green beans I don't think it matters much, unless you want organic. But there are a lot of off and on brands that put garbage in their products that you can find alternatives to if you're educated on understanding labels.

Was in grocery biz for 29 ears. The private label quality level really improved over the years. Some are just as good as national brands now. Some stuff isn’t Mac & Cheese was always the first example. And always read labels!

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I just poop at work so I don't have to buy TP. Some days it can get a little dicey but I always make it work

Never. The work TP is like using sandpaper.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My story is almost the same. My Stanley Thermos will be 30 years old this winter. Cost me twelve dollars in 1989 and I still use it almost every morning.

It is the only practical possession I have owned that long...so it wins by a mile.

My dad had one from before I was born until he died...never went anywhere without it. My stupid brother took it and wound up losing it.

Those things are legendary.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
My dad had one from before I was born until he died...never went anywhere without it. My stupid brother took it and wound up losing it.

Those things are legendary.

See and the Stanley thermos falls in the most regrettable for be. I got a later version that had plastic straps and one broke almost immediately. I never used it after but moved it over six plus resident changes before sending it to Goodwill.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Never. The work TP is like using sandpaper.
I'm a bit of a cheap ass when it comes to shit (pun intended) like that. I never buy the name brand stuff so the stuff at work is usually better than what I have at home.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I'm a bit of a cheap ass when it comes to shit (pun intended) like that. I never buy the name brand stuff so the stuff at work is usually better than what I have at home.

Sounds like your asshole is just a giant scab.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
See and the Stanley thermos falls in the most regrettable for be. I got a later version that had plastic straps and one broke almost immediately. I never used it after but moved it over six plus resident changes before sending it to Goodwill.

It i funny how stuff like that can vary user to user.
Guys I work with swear by Yeti cups.. I got one as a gift and was unimpressed.
Maybe I got a dud.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
It i funny how stuff like that can vary user to user.
Guys I work with swear by Yeti cups.. I got one as a gift and was unimpressed.
Maybe I got a dud.

This got me thinking about another purchase that has been worth every nickel.

My Hydroflask. 40 oz bottle that goes pretty much everywhere with me. Just switch out the lid to a sippy lid and you are good to go. Keeps water cold all day.

Has helped with my goal of drinking a gallon of water per day immensely.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
water I have covered- there is a 3 gallon igloo that came with my truck and straps in to a holder on top of the utility bins... would dry up and turn to dust without it!