Look at the bright side...

CubbieBlue

Go Cubs Go!
Liked Posts:
Castro, Colvin and Cashner are getting expierence. But...the Cubs need to keep getting players expierence.

Like, B Jackson, J Jackson, D Barney, D Cales, etc.

That means, JH needs to work his ass off to trade Jeff Baker, Mike Fontenot, Xavier Nady, Carlos Silva, Soriano, Lee Ramirez and etc. Just pay 75% of Soriano contract and get a good player in return, trade Lee with pitcking up 3M or so, trade Ramirez with picking ip half his option next year. Trade Silva and pick of half his contract. The the other players pick up nothing as they have a low contract. Also, try and pick up 1.5M of Grabow's contract and trade his ass. Trade Kosuke and pick up half his contract.

I know...the Cubs will be pickong up a lot of money on the contrats, but the Cubs still save money and they will be going in the right direction. The younger way and I would like that.

You don't live in reality do you?

CODE_BLUE56

Ded
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Magritte-pipe.jpg

sleep.jpg

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Hey, we don't suck today!

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
oops, wrong topic, but oh well. We are winning by even more now.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i wouldn't say best. i'd say most consistent. which i guess is the same as best, but at the same time it's not.

to be honest i have no idea what i'm saying. i'm tired.

He won't be this consistent over the rest of his tenure here.

It's probably a toss up between Soto and Byrd, but Soto kept getting benched a while back for no reason so his number aren't as good as they could be.

Soto being benched shouldn't be a knock on him at all. It's not his fault Lou likes getting 3 fingered handjobs from Koyie Hill.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
He won't be this consistent over the rest of his tenure here.

Soto being benched shouldn't be a knock on him at all. It's not his fault Lou likes getting 3 fingered handjobs from Koyie Hill.

meh, byrd has been strong all year. there was a small two week span where his avg. dropped, but other than that he's been hitting well. i honestly don't foresee that changing next year, but who knows.

and lmao.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
meh, byrd has been strong all year. there was a small two week span where his avg. dropped, but other than that he's been hitting well. i honestly don't foresee that changing next year, but who knows.

and lmao.

How go you not see his numbers dropping? His UZR is the highest it's ever been, so that will almost surely go down. His BABIP is at .349, so odds are that goes down. I see Byrd being a good player for us, but not the 6 win player is looking like this year.

EnjoyYourTiger

That weird bear thing.
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, his numbers are obviously going to drop. it would be insane to keep this degree of play up. all i mean is that he's not going to go from batting .320 this year to .250 next year. as long as he's near .290-.300 in years to come, i wouldn't complain or say that's much of a decrease.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
well, his numbers are obviously going to drop. it would be insane to keep this degree of play up. all i mean is that he's not going to go from batting .320 this year to .250 next year. as long as he's near .290-.300 in years to come, i wouldn't complain or say that's much of a decrease.

That's going to be quite a bit of a decrease, considering that the guy walks under 6% of the time.