Mark Barron?

D-Fresh3

Liked Posts:
With all this talk of who we are going to pick, maybe a new take on this situation is what we all need. How would you feel if the bears gave up our first and a second from next year to move up before the Cowboys and take SS Mark Barron out of Alabama. ESPNCHICAGO.com has Safety as our second most pressing team need, and barron is a hell of an athlete and as pure of a player as we could ever ask for, who could come in and start right away...what do you think, like dislike?

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the sports writers for either the trib or the sun mentioned the Bears have been looking at taller CB's to turn into SS's in this years draft specifically to cover TE's in the league, as well as run support. I'm assuming he's a bit in the know. I wouldn't be for trading up in the draft for Safety.

I don't believe Emery would be either. As a ole timey scout, brought in to fix the JA drafting fiasco's, and since we are already missing next years 3'd round pick, there is no way he'd go 1'st 4th 5th 6th next season.

MidwayMobster

Da Member
Liked Posts:
Bears should consider Barron only if he falls to them at 19 same goes for Floyd, but i doubt either are there at #19

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
if we're talking about secondary, I would rather upgrade at CB than S. It would also depend on who's available.

I mean, it wouldn't hurt if we added Barron. But i feel like we should go in a different direction.

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Safety is a pressing need, but unless the guy is Ed Reed, it's not worth giving up that much to obtain one. With where we're picking in the first-round, there should be plenty of value. One or two guys are bound to fall, and we should be able to upgrade several different areas. More than likely, it'll be a scenario where we pick the best guy available that can fill a need. If Barron were to slide to us, I'd be more than happy if he was our guy.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
redbaronlogo.jpg

bbaker

Liked Posts:
They have a better chance at Kirkpatrick (CB). Barron is almost a lock to Dallas.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think WR (still), CB, OT, DE and DT are all considered bigger needs by the coaching staff than SS/FS...so i doubt they make the jump for someone like that...