Mirotic

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Ryno is a pretty good player...i think its a fair expectation...if he turns out to be better then thats great

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think people need to stop thinking Mirotic will be the next Dirk Nowitzki and settle for a player who will be similar to Ryan Anderson.

He will be a good role player but nothing else. He isn't a player the Bulls should look to break the bank on or bring in hoping to be a star player when Melo is there to be signed.

I do not see him as the next Dirk, but this guy will sure be a starting forward in the NBA and an all-star. The skills that he has are readily transferable to the NBA.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mirotic averages 6 RPG in the Euro league...that tells me all I need to know about this kid. Another soft euro big who will live out on the perimeter as a stretch 4 like guys like Andrea Bargnani and Ryan Anderson do. Thibs will then yank him in the 4th quarter of every game similar to Booz because he is below average defensively and can't even rebound like Booz does.

I am not saying the kid won't make it in the NBA but the most he will ever be will be a good role player on a contending team. He can fill up the scoreboard but that's about it. He will average like 15-5 and shoot 3's and FT's at a high % for a big man. Basically Ryan Anderson.

First of all , he plays away from the basket on offense from the wing. Second of all, compare the minutes that he plays in that league versus what he will play in the NBA. He is NOT anykind of soft Euro. He plays defense. Yeah he gets moved around by the bigger centers and pfs but he presents these same guys big problems when on offense. He is not a leaper but he can really score inside despite of it. What he also can do is shoot it from 3 point rang and well as mid-range. Also he can put it on the floor and take it inside.
Euro basketball is not longer what it was ten or so years ago. The league that they play in is better than our college game. These players have been schooled in all facets of .basketball from an early age. He is a star in that league and will be a very good player in the NBA.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm watching Mirotic right now from the first row. :)

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
First of all , he plays away from the basket on offense from the wing. Second of all, compare the minutes that he plays in that league versus what he will play in the NBA. He is NOT anykind of soft Euro. He plays defense. Yeah he gets moved around by the bigger centers and pfs but he presents these same guys big problems when on offense. He is not a leaper but he can really score inside despite of it. What he also can do is shoot it from 3 point rang and well as mid-range. Also he can put it on the floor and take it inside.
Euro basketball is not longer what it was ten or so years ago. The league that they play in is better than our college game. These players have been schooled in all facets of .basketball from an early age. He is a star in that league and will be a very good player in the NBA.

Yeah, he's not a leaper. But strangely enough, Niko has a 39" vert, which could be developed upon.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Yeah, he's not a leaper. But strangely enough, Niko has a 39" vert, which could be developed upon.

he has a 39" vert? really? thats impressive

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
he has a 39" vert? really? thats impressive

Yeah. But he doesn't use it. IDk if that's good or bad. But it does come in handy.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The guy will fit in instantly here. He plays ball like Nocioni or Kurt Rambas. He literally sprints up the floor like a demon. Outlet, sprint. The guy works hard, only way to have a 39 in vert. Really surprised by that. He has good length and a sweet shot and a developed basketball IQ. What he has done is better than playing in college for 4 years. Look at Jennings....he got his ass handed to him in europe. Miro is something special by all looks of it.

I hope he comes over and they don't make him the highest paid player in euro league history or something. This could be very good, or very bad for us in about a month. Draft will be approaching. Exciting times.

Hopefullly we can regather our composure, take care of game two and go earn a tough win in Washington to force a game 5.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dude! I expect a full scouting report on my desk in the morning!

Only 39"? Man, couldn't be something impressive like Butler's 40" vertical?

I was alluding to first row sports. Sorry bro. You can watch his playoffs too though!!

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
After returning to the court, the home side went to work on extending their lead once again. Mirotic, who was showing plenty of signs of what was to come during the first half, took over the reins from Llull and went about leading the Whites.

From the most recent game that sent them to the final four of Euroleague. To face Barcelona on May 16th.

ThaGator

Liked Posts:
Mirotic bust potential

I was having this debate with another Bulls fan last night. Do you think the potential for Mirotic to be a bust is greater than, less than, or equal to that of a player coming out of college? For the record, I think Mirotic is going to be good, but I think is just as likely to suck as any top college player coming out. Is playing well in a professional European league a better indicator of future success than playing well at a top college program? Thoughts?

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I was having this debate with another Bulls fan last night. Do you think the potential for Mirotic to be a bust is greater than, less than, or equal to that of a player coming out of college? For the record, I think Mirotic is going to be good, but I think is just as likely to suck as any top college player coming out. Is playing well in a professional European league a better indicator of future success than playing well at a top college program? Thoughts?

I really do not see how Mirotic can be a "bust". Sure, there were several Euro busts who have come into the NBA but most of those were the first guys who came over, I think. The EUro leagues right now are a lot better than they were and especially regarding ball handling and toughness. What I think is also is that the pros are looking at the Euros as throwbacks to what pro basketball used to be as in jump shooting. These guys appear to be schooled in shooting and ball handling better than their American counterparts where it is more about flash and athleticism.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think he'll be a bust in the sense that he won't be able to contribute to a team at all. He's a pretty good shooter and as a stretch 4, that skill will always be valuable to a team. Now whether he's only able to be a Rashard Lewis (when he was on the Heat) or a Ryan Anderson is a different story. I think he has more ball handling skills than both so he could be much more than just a spot up shooter, but at the very least he should be able to do that.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He reminds me a bit of Tony Kukoc who never achieved the stardom predicted by management but did turn out to be a somewhat valuable piece of the puzzle. If Mirotic works out as well, I'll be happy with the the pick.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Less than. He at least is used to the rigors of being a professional athlete. College players are restricted in their practice time, and are not subject to the same stresses as a pro (the amount of press time, suing focused now that they are millionaires, etc).

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I honestly don't understand what is being asked right now.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
He reminds me a bit of Tony Kukoc who never achieved the stardom predicted by management but did turn out to be a somewhat valuable piece of the puzzle. If Mirotic works out as well, I'll be happy with the the pick.

Kukoc would have been an All Star had he began his career anywhere else. He was at least as good as Keith Van Horn (remember him?). He was the truth.

Liked Posts:
It's not an absolute but playing well in Spain is a higher level of assurance than NCAA.

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
Niko has been playing in pro games in Spain since he was 16. He is now 23. That's 7 years of experience. Most College players are coming out after their freshman year. Who do you think would be more prepared?