MJ he is not

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
MJ he will never be

You all know what I am talking about.

SouL EateR

Liked Posts:
Yea LBJ and his boys are going down!!!Lebron has to be better than Kobe before he can get close to Mike not happening!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
MJ he will never be

MJ was 28 when he one his first title and had a first ballot HOF player in his prime with him to do it. Give LeBron a first ballot HOF player at any position in his prime, and the Cavs would easily win the title.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
MJ he will never be

MJ was 28 when he one his first title and had a first ballot HOF player in his prime with him to do it. Give LeBron a first ballot HOF player at any position in his prime, and the Cavs would easily win the title.

Mike didnt miss critical free throws, didnt turn the ball over much, and didnt have that ugly ass jumper.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Lebron is better than Kobe. If Lebron has Odom on his team, Cavs will not be down 2.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Howard look like he's coming of age. People said he had no skills and he was just a dunker. He showed the doubters tonight.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Howard look like he's coming of age. People said he had no skills and he was just a dunker. He showed the doubters tonight.

I think your imagining they said that. We all knew he had skills. Maybe when he was drafted there were doubters but he has proved everyone wrong since day one.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Mike didnt miss critical free throws, didnt turn the ball over much, and didnt have that ugly ass jumper.

Nor could he overpower people with his physicality in the same way LeBron can either. They definitely aren't the same player, but LeBron dominates as much as MJ did IMO.

Lebron is better than Kobe. If Lebron has Odom on his team, Cavs will not be down 2.

I don't know that Odom makes that big a difference, but if he had Gasol, he would have challenged the 72 win season.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Wow. This has been an exciting series. I knew Orlando would not be a push over and the Cavs would be seriously tested, but I really doubted the Magic's hunger for a title. Well not anymore. This series is over in 6 games with Superman headed to the NBA Finals. Maybe now they can stop showing those incredibly annoying LeBron-Kobe muppet commercials.

Oh and some words of advice for Mo Williams: You're guaranteed to look like a jackass when you guarantee a series win. Way to fuel the fire, dumbass.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

I think your imagining they said that. We all knew he had skills. Maybe when he was drafted there were doubters but he has proved everyone wrong since day one.

Howard just started getting the ball during end of games. You want to know how, Howard has been making his Free Throws and displaying the running hook-shot. Howard isn't just dunking the ball.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

Howard just started getting the ball during end of games. You want to know how, Howard has been making his Free Throws and displaying the running hook-shot. Howard isn't just dunking the ball.

He is actually being vocal and demanding the ball, thats what star players do. I love Dwight, I think he is amazing.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
This is what I mean, LeBron had 44, 12 boards, and 7 assist and people come out and talk against him, yes he had 8 to's but come on he played the entire 2nd half and overtime, he handled the ball almost everytime down after the half.

When his team goes 2-12 from the 3 besides him, both by Boobie in the 1st half, what do you expect. Mo was 5-15. You can't blame that loss on him, what would MJ have done different when you get there was no help, hit that 40 footer to win the game. Come on.

The Cavs have no answer for Turkoglu or Lewis, they are matchup nightmares for most but especially for the Cavs as they don't have the wing players to matchup except LeBron. Whoever LeBron is not guarding is just killing them whether it's Alston, Turkoglu or Lewis. LeBron is clearly the best player in the league what do you want from him? Even the best players can't and don't single handily beat other teams, especially superior teams which the Magic appear to be in this case.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
I will say this for the Cavs though. Delonte West is now one of the top 5 on-ball defenders in this league. He has been unbelievable, giving up 8 inches to Hedu, and still making life a living hell for him on the court. I'm impressed as hell with his play. He definitely needs to pick it up offensively, but it's difficult when he's using all his energy chasing Hedu around all night.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
The Cavs have no answer for Turkoglu or Lewis, they are matchup nightmares for most but especially for the Cavs as they don't have the wing players to matchup except LeBron. Whoever LeBron is not guarding is just killing them whether it's Alston, Turkoglu or Lewis. LeBron is clearly the best player in the league what do you want from him? Even the best players can't and don't single handily beat other teams, especially superior teams which the Magic appear to be in this case.

I agree. I hate LeBron, but the guy is awesome. It makes no sense to blind yourself to reality because you don't like it. LeBron is a legendary type of basketball player. When he hits his prime in two years, it will be really scary, but if he doesn't get a legit player next to him, there will be a low ceiling on how many titles he can win.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

I agree. I hate LeBron, but the guy is awesome. It makes no sense to blind yourself to reality because you don't like it. LeBron is a legendary type of basketball player. When he hits his prime in two years, it will be really scary, but if he doesn't get a legit player next to him, there will be a low ceiling on how many titles he can win.

He is awesome but MJ was better than awesome.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
This is the type of thread where one says things that look pretty silly in a few years. It's funny how so many openly embrace the Kobe as good as MJ hype, which is insulting to any reasonable person's intelligence, but feel the need to dog Lebron. Maybe Lebron isn't MJ, and maybe he won't ever be, but maybe he will--and even if he isn't MJ, he's certainly the closest thing we've seen since. Lebron is the best, better than Kobe, better than anybody in the league or anybody since Jordan, and he's not even peaked yet.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
MADman24 wrote:
This is what I mean, LeBron had 44, 12 boards, and 7 assist and people come out and talk against him, yes he had 8 to's but come on he played the entire 2nd half and overtime, he handled the ball almost everytime down after the half.

When his team goes 2-12 from the 3 besides him, both by Boobie in the 1st half, what do you expect. Mo was 5-15. You can't blame that loss on him, what would MJ have done different when you get there was no help, hit that 40 footer to win the game. Come on.

LeBron shot almost half of the Cavs 3's. The Cavs were jacking up way too many outside shots and it let Orlando get back into it in the 3rd. Then in the 4th, LeBron finally started doing what he shoulda been doing all game, driving to the hoop, and the Cavs were successful. LeBron has really started to fall in love with his shot and that's not his strength. 44pts on 29shots and 18FT attempts in not a good night. He's doing way too much, and I seriously think he's lost trust in some of his teammates out there.

And I'll tell you who's killing the Cavs, Mickael Pietrus. He's averaging 14ppg off the bench. The entire Cavs bench is averaging 10.3ppg. There's your X-Factor.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
PJ Brown wrote:
This is the type of thread where one says things that look pretty silly in a few years. It's funny how so many openly embrace the Kobe as good as MJ hype, which is insulting to any reasonable person's intelligence, but feel the need to dog Lebron. Maybe Lebron isn't MJ, and maybe he won't ever be, but maybe he will--and even if he isn't MJ, he's certainly the closest thing we've seen since. Lebron is the best, better than Kobe, better than anybody in the league or anybody since Jordan, and he's not even peaked yet.

I would take Kobe any day over Lebron. Your pretty much doing the same thing with Lebron.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
PJ Brown wrote:

I would take Kobe any day over Lebron. Your pretty much doing the same thing with Lebron.
I would disagree, Lebron is better. He is much more complete. Look beyond the scoring, Lebron gets more assists, rebounds, blocks and steals.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
He is awesome but MJ was better than awesome.
This is ridiculous, say that after his career is over or after he reached his prime, I'm not saying he's better than MJ now but come on, coming into tonight is PER was 40.9 in the playoffs, a feat never approached by Jordan. I know with the 8 TO's this will probably go down a little and I was too young to really understand the game when MJ was playing but taking shots at LeBron right now is just silly.
You can't be serious, yes he took ten 3's but he hit 4 and one of them was that desperation heave at the end of the game and those makes include the shot before that where he is nearly out of bounds fading into the bench.

I never thought I'd be making this argument as I despised the hype surrounding LeBron before he was drafted and I thought the only way he could live up to the hype would be to be the best player ever and he may not be there yet but is the best player since Jordan and I love Kobe but he better and truly amazing and not even in his prime yet.