Nbadraft.net have Bulls selecting Byron Mullens!

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/6321

The editor makes a interesting explanation of why Bulls should take him.

Another thing to note about nbadraft.net is that the guy has been pretty accurate with the past few drafts. He's got a really good track record. I personally don't want Mullens, but if we take him I won't lose any sleep over it.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Man, Holiday and Clark really fall in that mock.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

Another thing to note about nbadraft.net is that the guy has been pretty accurate with the past few drafts. He's got a really good track record. I personally don't want Mullens, but if we take him I won't lose any sleep over it.

Why not, Mullens could potentially save Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah jobs. People are quick to say he's a bust. We haven't had the opportunity to witness what his talent can produce on the next level. I love his game because unlike Thomas and Noah, Mullens loves to catch the ball down-low with a scorers mentality. I honestly believe Rose will make his skills more potent.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Bulls need to take a player who can come in and contribute right away. Mullens would take 2-3 years.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Mullens can contribute on the defensive end right away. We were getting out muscled down-low like crazy, by Perkins and Davis. We could play Noah a PF and Mullens C, of course at moments. We don't need a SF because Deng is coming back. I'm not sure if Miller we be that effective, speaking on early this year in SAC.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Mullens can contribute on the defensive end right away. We were getting out muscled down-low like crazy, by Perkins and Davis. We could play Noah a PF and Mullens C, of course at moments. We don't need a SF because Deng is coming back. I'm not sure if Miller we be that effective, speaking on early this year in SAC.

I am pretty sure we dont take him if Tyler is still on the board.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
Re:Nbadraft.net have Bulls selecting Byron Mullens

Simeon2UC wrote:

Mullen doesn't have a body to be a presences on the defensive end right away either. I listened on the most recent podcast at Draft Express, and he said that he got murdered in a big mans camp, and he was left sobbing afterwards. Not saying that he won't eventually develop, I mean who knows? But there is noway you can expect him to contribute in any way right away. I see him developing even more slowly than someone like Tyrus, so give him about 3 years at the very minimum.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:

Manic Devourer wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

Mullen doesn't have a body to be a presences on the defensive end right away either. I listened on the most recent podcast at Draft Express, and he said that he got murdered in a big mans camp, and he was left sobbing afterwards. Not saying that he won't eventually develop, I mean who knows? But there is noway you can expect him to contribute in any way right away. I see him developing even more slowly than someone like Tyrus, so give him about 3 years at the very minimum.

+1

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

Why not, Mullens could potentially save Tyrus Thomas and Joakim Noah jobs. People are quick to say he's a bust. We haven't had the opportunity to witness what his talent can produce on the next level. I love his game because unlike Thomas and Noah, Mullens loves to catch the ball down-low with a scorers mentality. I honestly believe Rose will make his skills more potent.

I'm not calling him a bust or anything I'm just completely sick of potential. It's not the time to take a "project" player. We need to take solid rotation players who can come in and contribute right away. Psycho T should be our pick at 16.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Simeon2UC wrote:

I'm not calling him a bust or anything I'm just completely sick of potential. It's not the time to take a "project" player. We need to take solid rotation players who can come in and contribute right away. Psycho T should be our pick at 16.

Amen. There are plenty of guys we can get at 16 who can come in and help right away.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:

Draftexpress.com has been statistically more accurate over the past three drafts.

However, it's worth noting that neither draftexpess.com or nbadraft.net are even close this far in advance. Both massively tweak their mocks the final day prior to the draft with whatever information they hear.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
They have Marcus Thorton dropping all the way to #36? Doubt it and they have us taking Tyler Smith at @26.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
I think Mullens is the logical choice. When you have so many flawed upperclassmen to choose from you should opt for the young 7 foot athletic kid. This idea they're guys that will come and help us right away is a myth. The only guys that would help right away are the point guards, and it really make no sense drafting one with Rose on the roster playing almost 40 minutes a game. Mullens might take a year or two to develop, but it's a risk and investment worth taking in a draft filled with fools gold.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

IMO the only way you take Mullens is if you're really confident that he will reach his potential....

IMO he could turn into a 17/10/2 player or a guy that is out of the league in 4 years

AirP

Liked Posts:
Newskoolbulls wrote:
Bulls need to take a player who can come in and contribute right away. Mullens would take 2-3 years.

Why do we need a player who can come in and contribute right away, is Rose close to peaking yet?

As it stands we have a decent 3 player rotation with 2 guys getting better and a vet to solidify things if needed. It's not a strength of the team but it's not nearly as bad as people think, especially if the young guys keep getting stronger as they get out of their early 20s.

If we don't make a trade this year, next offseason we have money where we can address problems on the roster and put better pieces around Rose, but why not take a shot at a project unless someone is sitting there that will come in and be an IMPACT rookie... it just doesn't really seem like a possibility that far down in the draft.

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:

Draft Express has us taking Williams @ 16 and Omri Casspi @ 26

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
I think Mullens is the logical choice. When you have so many flawed upperclassmen to choose from you should opt for the young 7 foot athletic kid. This idea they're guys that will come and help us right away is a myth. The only guys that would help right away are the point guards, and it really make no sense drafting one with Rose on the roster playing almost 40 minutes a game. Mullens might take a year or two to develop, but it's a risk and investment worth taking in a draft filled with fools gold.

I think a more accurate way to view Mullens would be:
Mullens will take at least two to three years to develops if he develops at all.

The idea that the downside is "he might take a year or two" really isn't a fair description, since there's a good chance he never develops, and he'll almost certainly take at least two full seasons.

I'm trying to think of big men that have showed as little as Mullens has in college and then gone on to be good in the NBA. Can you come up with any? I'm not saying none exist, but none leap to mind.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:

Ralphb07 wrote:
Draft Express has us taking Williams @ 16 and Omri Casspi @ 26

That would be a nightmare for the Bulls. I like T Will, but the guy can't shoot for nothing. He reminds me of a more athletic version of Thabo. If I thought he could work himself into being a good shooter a couple years down the line I wouldn't mind Williams, but I doubt if he could get that done.