New kicker Eddie being the answer is iffy

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Eddy may suck, but he was a great college kicker and what was Gould before becoming the Bears kicker, a twice cut UDFA working construction.
I hope he turns out to be a stud, I'm just skeptical at this point.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I hope he turns out to be a stud, I'm just skeptical at this point.
I will be skeptical of any kicker, Gould included, until about mid season at minimum next year and even if perfect all year, all over again if the Bears make the playoffs.

jonimus

Liked Posts:
Nah dude, I'm gonna quit CCS and get ready for next year in case Piniero falters and Gould gets old. I'm coming.

6'6"...skinny, fast, big beard. you won't miss me.

Don't leave out the gentle, delicate, small feet.

I can see it now.. 6'6", long hair, beard, fast, catches well, size 5 shoes. Sounds like the kicker we've all be waiting for.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

It's funny because I was just reading a GM ranking article with Pace at 15, with the big knock being his overall record and blowing the kicker situation since Gould.

"Having only ever known last place as a general manager, Ryan Pace embarked on a survival mode 2018 offseason, hiring John Fox’s polar opposite in Matt Nagy before splurging on Allen Robinson, Trey Burton and Taylor Gabriel in free agency. For the grand finale, Pace included a pair of first-round picks in a package for Oakland’s Khalil Mack. The moves had the desired effect, sending the Bears to the playoffs for the first time in eight years. Nagy won Coach of the Year honors, while Mack was a DPOY contender. The good feelings came to an abrupt halt thanks to an earlier Pace mistake, his 2016 release of Robbie Gould. As Gould remained one of the league’s best kickers, Pace made Cody Parkey one of the most overpaid. In the wake of Parkey’s walkoff shank in the Wild Card Round was a reality check.

Letting Gould go was the correct thing to do, Gould has said he lost his focus that resulted in him missing kicks for the Bears prior to his departure. Do you even pay attention or just look for shit and believe it?

Parkey was a mistake but correct me if I'm wrong but his season prior to the Bears was good. That Parkey contract though:obama:

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't leave out the gentle, delicate, small feet.

I can see it now.. 6'6", long hair, beard, fast, catches well, size 5 shoes. Sounds like the kicker we've all be waiting for.

Thanks man. I'm hoping my 6'9" wingspan and 11.5-12" hands get a chuckle from scouts...just so curiosity forces a look!! Wish me luck homies

I'm out!!

Its been real.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Wish I could get into this competition. Has there ever been a 6'6" kicker that played both soccer and rugby?

I can throw, catch, run a 4.5-4.6 at 40 years old, with long hair and a big beard. PLayed soccer for 19 years and just kicked for one. Was the designated penalty kicker in soccer since a child, and never missed a kick in a game, took over the team position as penalty kicker freshman year of high school. Even puberty couldn't stop my accuracy if my power dipped for a year. 6'6" with [relatively] small feet (size 12-13) is the secret. Leverage and touch.

Fuck.

Inside about 43-45 yards I only take one step due to my long legs, to shorten the time to ball. A little half step is all I need but gets iffy at about 45. Then the full 2.5
My feet are size 11 but I am only 5 foot 11 not 6 foot 6. If they put u in goal I could knock your head off at least 7 out of 10 shots. Cant grow a big beard tho.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Letting Gould go was the correct thing to do, Gould has said he lost his focus that resulted in him missing kicks for the Bears prior to his departure. Do you even pay attention or just look for shit and believe it?

Parkey was a mistake but correct me if I'm wrong but his season prior to the Bears was good. That Parkey contract though:obama:
Halfempty only posts stuff and formulates his opinion from stuff that fits his never ending the sky is falling attitude on all things Bears.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My feet are size 11 but I am only 5 foot 11 not 6 foot 6. If they put u in goal I could knock your head off at least 7 out of 10 shots. Cant grow a big beard tho.

Neither can Jonathon Toes. :cutty:

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
Halfempty only posts stuff and formulates his opinion from stuff that fits his never ending the sky is falling attitude on all things Bears.

Soooo I guess it's not true that Pace has hosed the kicker position ever since he's been here? I'm just making that up...

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Soooo I guess it's not true that Pace has hosed the kicker position ever since he's been here? I'm just making that up...
He fucked up after releasing Gould, not by releasing Gould. Even Gould said he wouldn’t have changed until he got cut. So you’re wrong about “ever since he’s been here” and second of all you are undoubtedly the most negative poster on this board.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
He fucked up after releasing Gould, not by releasing Gould. Even Gould said he wouldn’t have changed until he got cut. So you’re wrong about “ever since he’s been here” and second of all you are undoubtedly the most negative poster on this board.

The truth is hard to hear sometimes, bud.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The truth is hard to hear sometimes, bud.
Weren’t you the same guy hating on Monty pick even after a ton of experts said they loved the pick?? It’s not the truth it’s your subjective BS

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:

Holy fuck! Even Ray Finkle got a better hold than that.

If I am reconstructing the Pace kicker clown show timeline correctly, I see that Piniero essentially got a bye and didn't participate in the massive 'kicking competition', but was brought in the day after it ended? HUH?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Let's hope Pace lucked into something. Pineiro will be a hero on his 1st 50 yd FG kick.

Last edited:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Holy fuck! Even Ray Finkle got a better hold than that.

If I am reconstructing the Pace kicker clown show timeline correctly, I see that Piniero essentially got a bye and didn't participate in the massive 'kicking competition', but was brought in the day after it ended? HUH?
Timeline is as such:

Pace releases a disinterested floundering Gould---------Pace brings in Connor Barf, while Gould reinvents himself in SF resulting in a big fat egg on Paces face--------understanding his error Pace proceeds to sign Cody Shankey while Gould plays his way into a franchise tag allowing for Paces egg to grow into a 3 egg Denver omelette----- Pace brings in 8 1/8ths of a real kicker and is soon made to understand that that does not equal 1 actual NFL kicker------Pace does what he does when desperate and in need of a winning move and makes a trade with Jon Grudden, sending a conditional 2043 7th rnd pick for the potential savior.

anotheridiot

Liked Posts:
I watch all UF games and the opinion given to the OP is just false. He was an exceptional college kicker, not sure how he will do as a Bear, but he was a stud, as much as a kicker can be, at UF.

Oh and the extra point miss vs LSU was an a bad hold ( still spinning laces and pointed away from him at contact), so there is that.
the only question is field conditions. play in the heat in the south all year one can say more kickers can be really good in florida all the time

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
the only question is field conditions. play in the heat in the south all year one can say more kickers can be really good in florida all the time
The Bears coldest game was 29 degrees and that was the 8:30 night game against LAR, hell it was 39 for the 4:30 Jan 6th playoff game. With global warming and domes in Det and Min, "Bear's weather" is about as relevant a phrase as the "cheap McCaskey's."

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Biggest thing that Pace did this year was bring in a kicking consultant... If the kicker situation works out then it will be because of the suggestions under Jamie Kohl.

Pace is not just winging it, he is having an open competition with some street guys that have potential, and then based upon recommendations from an expert he went after a talented kicker...

I know we are all on pins and needles about the kicker position, but I like the approach.

Honestly, if we were to sign Gould, how would that be any different than the Parkey signing? Both would be based upon a previous years performance. I think I would rather at least explore the possibility of getting the kicker of the future and not just the kicker for this year.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Honestly, if we were to sign Gould, how would that be any different than the Parkey signing? Both would be based upon a previous years performance. I think I would rather at least explore the possibility of getting the kicker of the future and not just the kicker for this year.

LOL at this. Gould made just as many 50+ FGs in his alleged "terrible" last season in Chicago (7) as Parkey has made in his 5-year NFL career. It was dumb at the time to get rid of Gould, and it was dumb at the time to give multi-year guaranteed money to a kicker going to his 4th team in 4 years.

I think you are WAY underselling how terrible Pace/the Bears have been at evaluating kickers, which continues to this very moment.