Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Here is a view of the NFC Playoff Race and each teams remaining games. UPDATED AS OF MONDAY DECEMBER 27, 2010

NFC Division Leaders:

1) Atlanta Falcons (12-3)
Future Games: Carolina (2-13)

2) Chicago Bears (11-4)
Future Games: @ Green Bay (9-6)

3) Philadelphia Eagles (10-4)

Future Games: Minnesota (5-9), Dallas (5-10)

4) St. Louis Rams (7-8)

Future Games: @ Seattle (7-9)

NFC Wild Cards:

5) New Orleans Saints (11-4)
Future Games: Tampa Bay (9-6)

6) Green Bay Packers (9-6)
Future Games: Chicago (11-4)

In the Hunt:

7) New York Giants (9-6)
Future Games: @ Washington (6-9)

8) Tampa Bay Bucs (9-6)
Future Games: @ New Orleans (10-4)

9) Seattle Seahawks (6-9)
Future Games: St. Louis (7-8)

Clinching Scenarios:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=Anm56DApecLb05w0vyEcf605nYcB?slug=ys-playoffpicture

Last edited:

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
And looking at it..to me the Falcons no doubt keep #1. They will go atleast 13-3, if not 14-2. The Eagles likely have a shot at 11-5, but 10-6 also looks probable for them. The Saints, 11-5 looks probable for them. The Giants have a tough road too and 10-6 or 11-5 is looking at them.

The Packers are pretty much the same with three tough games for them, and one easy game.

In reality the Bears are the only team with 4 tough games remaining and these 4 tough games are what we have worried about all season. They're here. Now Minnesota is down, but they have played well the last two weeks so they cannot be taken lightly. That said, I think we can beat the Jets, but 10-6 will not cut it in this race in my opinion.

Liked Posts:
New Lenox, Illinois (Orignally From Blue Island.)
Falcons are defintaly in... The saints will be fighting to get in to... I think the bears can pull it off if they defense can stay strong and our offesne clicks... I hope that isnt asking to much!

marky mark

Liked Posts:
NO has to beat Bal and ATL, probubly not happenin, GB gets giants pats and us, 3 hard games, Tampa stands nearly no chance, and Giants havea bitch of a schedual.

On the flip side, we have some very difficult teams also, but i have a feeling our defence is going to come out swinging against Brady, and make LT look the way he looked last year.

I say we take division with Saints and GB in WC, giants have to hard of a schedual

WearShades

Liked Posts:
Atlanta will have the top seed w/o question. As for the other divisions, I'm guessing the Rams take the West and the Eagles take the East. For the North, I think a lot of people here are overrating Green Bay's competition and underrating Chicago's. GB has a win coming in Detroit, and a likely win with the Giants in Lambeau. As for the Bears, the Jets are getting severely underrated as a result of their bad loss Monday. They're a 9-3 team just like the Bears and has as much to play for as Chicago. The win against Philly two weeks ago was crucial for the Bears since w/o that win they could very well be going into week 17 with a 9-6 record. That game probably makes the difference in the division, as Green Bay probably has another loss against NE. It's going to be VERY hard to beat Green Bay in Lambeau but the cushion from the Philly probably keeps Chicago ahead.

As such, here are my projected seedings:
[Division]
1. Atlanta (13-3)
2. Philly (11-5)
3. Chicago (10-6)
4. St. Louis (7-9)
[Wildcard]
5. New Orleans (12-4)
6. Green Bay (10-6)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
I think the Bears go 12-4 (lose to Green Bay on the road with rested starters for the playoffs)

CBPtOSU

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are going to finish the season 0-4 and will miss the playoffs. And then Lovie Smith will finally get fired.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The Bears are going to finish the season 0-4 and will miss the playoffs. And then Lovie Smith will finally get fired.

That would be the most epic collapse in Bears history believe it or not. Never has the team sat at 9-3 and not made the playoffs since the Super Bowl era.

WearShades

Liked Posts:
December games are earned, not given. To say Green Bay is just going to stroll into Detroit and pick up a win is a little misguided.

While it is true that anything could happen, the overwhelming probability is the Lions lose again.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Neither of these scenarios are going to happen.

icondarinsz3.gif

Bearstorm1513

Liked Posts:
I'm not one to make predictions but ....

Falcons
Eagles
Rams
Bears

Wild Cards
Saints
Giants

I see the Bears going 3-1 (losing to the pack because we rest starters) I believe Brady and his pattiecakes are in for a rude beating when they get to Chitown. I honestly don't see GB winning any of their next 4. The Lions are playing good football they outplayed NE for 2 quarters us for about 3 quarters so it is time for them to come out with 4 quarters of football and I believe that falls on the pooooooooor cheese heads.:lmao:

IronMike

Liked Posts:

A possibility.

Realistically I see the Bears getting demolished by the Patriots then beating the Vikings and Jets. Green Bay will go 3-0 and it will all come down to the final game of the season at Lambeau in January. The oldest rivalry in football battling it out in the frozen tundra to go to the playoffs. It doesn't get any better.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think Atlanta is good. But they can be beaten. I don't think they can go into Chicago, Green Bay, or Philly and beat those teams in the cold. That's if they get the 2 seed or lower.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Atlanta will be the #1 seed. Unless the plane the team is on crashes there's absolutely no way they'll get anything less. Look at their remaining schedule.

They aren't flashy but they are solid and consistent in every phase.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can I get a mod to sticky this please?

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
A possibility.

Realistically I see the Bears getting demolished by the Patriots then beating the Vikings and Jets. Green Bay will go 3-0 and it will all come down to the final game of the season at Lambeau in January. The oldest rivalry in football battling it out in the frozen tundra to go to the playoffs. It doesn't get any better.

That's why we call these...predictions!.

Sunbiz1

Liked Posts:
Rush or anyone, could you please tack this one?.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
First post...the standings are updated...Will be completely updated after the two games tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.