dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I thought they really got hosed cause the thing i saw was a 1st and 2nd round pick to Seattle for Clark but didn't say anything about KC getting pick #84 which makes it a little better.

Edit: so they did still get a 2nd rounder but in 2020? Yep they got hosed. So they get 2019 1st, 2020 2nd and trade 3rd rounders in 2019.

kg1187

Liked Posts:
Clark has been a legit 10 sack player for the past three seasons who turns 26 this year. A late first and probably a future late second isn't a overpay.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Clark has been a legit 10 sack player for the past three seasons who turns 26 this year. A late first and probably a future late second isn't a overpay.

It's not, Clark is a stud.... @dabears70 has the mental capacity of a root vegetable

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
first, D.H. is most likely to fall to our pick..BUT..
there's others who could fly down that i like, Jace Strenberger(te)or maybe Josh Oliver, Trayvon Mullen(CB), also possibly Josh Jacobs(RB) & Jachia Polite (edge-Gators)...so they say.
Would you stand pat and pick one of these guys? or trade down hoping to land two extra guys like Rodney Anderson, Justin Hollins or Dawson Knox, and maybe Mike Weber or Armstead?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
From a Bears perspective this makes the cost of Mack even better.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

They traded Dee Ford for a 2nd round pick.

Is Clark a 1st round pick better than Ford?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It is just a little more than the Bears traded for Mack. Plus the Chiefs just gave Clark a $105 million dollar contract.

Schefter - "Chiefs and Frank Clark reached agreement on a 5 yrs, $105.5 million contract - greater total than DeMarcus Lawrence, with $63.5 million guaranteed, per source. "

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
dee ford falls. so time to alter some mocks.

kg1187

Liked Posts:

Ford has been a 8 sack guy over the past three years and is two years older. Clark is worth more than Ford.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:

For a team overhauling their entire front 7 I say it’s worth it. IMO pas rusher seems to be the hardest position to fill

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
I think everyone should be listening to newest Bears a beers. They have a good discussion of this small school 6’4” CB who abused his competition. I don’t remember his name, but I’d like to get him in the fifth or later.

Also, if Kyler Murray doesn’t go first, he’s going to the G men.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ford has been a 8 sack guy over the past three years and is two years older. Clark is worth more than Ford.

Hasn't Clark had some kind of off field issues as well? If so then how's that gonna go over for A.Reid and the Chiefs who released K.Hunt and is now dealing with T.Hill off field issues? I'm not 100 on that but thought he had some off field incident.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hasn't Clark had some kind of off field issues as well? If so then how's that gonna go over for A.Reid and the Chiefs who released K.Hunt and is now dealing with T.Hill off field issues? I'm not 100 on that but thought he had some off field incident.
You could always look it up first before posting about it, so that you are sure before you post about being unsure about what you are posting. It's 2019 and you can have more than one browser up at a time, one for google and one for ccs. Even smartphones have this option.

kg1187

Liked Posts:

Over the past three years Clark has only two less sacks than Mack. Mack is still clearly the better player but Clark is being under rated.

After the Ford trade plus this deal KC basically traded a good pass rusher in Ford and upgraded to a very good pass rusher in Clark who is also two years younger. That's easily worth a very late first rounder given the importance of the position

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I thought they really got hosed cause the thing i saw was a 1st and 2nd round pick to Seattle for Clark but didn't say anything about KC getting pick #84 which makes it a little better.

Edit: so they did still get a 2nd rounder but in 2020? Yep they got hosed. So they get 2019 1st, 2020 2nd and trade 3rd rounders in 2019.

Are both teams “they” in this post?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think everyone should be listening to newest Bears a beers. They have a good discussion of this small school 6’4” CB who abused his competition. I don’t remember his name, but I’d like to get him in the fifth or later.

I’ll keep an eye out for this nameless player. Although you don’t think he is worth a 3rd or 4th.

If they draft any CB anywhere along the line, you can post a “called it”. How can we disprove? ?

Last edited:

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
I think there are some nice, underrated QB options in this draft.

- Kyler Murray is going #1 and he could be special in that scheme they are going to employ.
- Dwayne Haskins is raw but has the intangibles to be the best of the class. He will need to sit for a year behind a veteran QB. Best fit - Giants, Bengals and Redskins
- Drew Lock I like the least. Seems like your typical big arm, mistake prone QB in the mold of a Jay Cutler or Matthew Stafford. He will stick around a little bit because he will make big plays but he will hurt you. Best fit - Raiders, Redskins
- Daniel Jones I think is the most underrated QB in the draft. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go before Lock and Haskins. Best fit - Broncos, Redskins or Giants

Last edited:

Visionman

Liked Posts:

I would highly doubt it. The reason most NFL CBS are 6'2" and below is because it's hard for those taller guys to flip their hips and run with NFL WRs.

Tall, fast guys play WR...