Nick Mullens vs Jimmy Garoppolo

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Who should be the starting QB next season? Both will get a lot of potential trade value next year.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Nobody is going to eat Garoppolo’s contract.... Mullen’s to Jags if they can’t get Foles.

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mullens looks like he is both more mobile, and has the quicker release.

And between the 2, Mullens has the best “ability”...

...avail”ability”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
With JG's contract, give me Mullens. Foles will be the hot name in the offeason and I'm sure Mullens will have lots of suitors but I doubt the Niners trade him

Monster

Liked Posts:
With JG's contract, give me Mullens. Foles will be the hot name in the offeason and I'm sure Mullens will have lots of suitors but I doubt the Niners trade him

Depends on the offer... would you take the Jags 2nd?

Milton Waddams

Liked Posts:
I think Jimmy is a lot better than Mullens. He's probably just pulling a Matt Barkley.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

...avail”ability”

Garoppolo's release is lots faster. It's actually the fastest in the NFL. Mobility is about the same when healthy.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I think Jimmy is a lot better than Mullens. He's probably just pulling a Matt Barkley.

Jimmy G has really shown nothing to say that in a niners uniform. In 9 games, he has thrown 12 TD's and 8 ints. Not good in todays NFL. 2280 yards, on a 64.5% completion.

In 7 games, Mullens has a 10 TDs and 7 INTS. 1995 yards, on a 63.5% completion.

If Jimmy didnt grow up blocks away no one would be on his knob here. Good for the kid, but he hasn't shown anything to reinforce the trade and contract he got. Mullens is a guy who was on a practice squad who is playing as well as Jimmy was.

You could say "eye test" makes Jimmy look better, but it actually doesn't. Mullens looks more comfortable and accurate in the niners offense than Jimmy does.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

...avail”ability”

Jimmy has an elite release. Historically fast in fact.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Mullens has a dirt cheap contract with similar stats and most of his skill position players have been injured. Rather would have him than that contract. Plus Jimmy is paper soft.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Mullens has a dirt cheap contract with similar stats and most of his skill position players have been injured. Rather would have him than that contract. Plus Jimmy is paper soft.

Yup, which is why he is going to have a giant market via trade. They can't trade Jimmy, and only one of them can start. Gotta trade him, this isn't a foles situation imo.

How fucked would it be for 9ers fans to not only miss out on Watson, Mitch, Mahomes, but then have Mullens get traded and outplay Jimmy G in their respective careers.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
They way Mullen’s stood in and made throws yesterday under constant pressure was extremely impressive. A lot of vets can’t do that.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Nick Foles! I mean Nick Mullens.

The real Nick Foles dropped 475 and 4 TD yesterday...Mullens couldn't sniff Foles jockstrap, but Jimmy G when healthy is much better QB option right now for SF and it's not even close.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The real Nick Foles dropped 475 and 4 TD yesterday...Mullens couldn't sniff Foles jockstrap, but Jimmy G when healthy is much better QB option right now for SF and it's not even close.

Have you watched Jimmy play in a 9ers uni? It is close, sadly.

JD Trendleton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. LA Clippers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Florida Gators
Have you watched Jimmy play in a 9ers uni? It is close, sadly.

My mistake, his numbers really don't look great. He did struggle in week 1 vs. Minny throwing 3 picks, but he did come back with 2 TD/0 INT in his next two games before being hurt. I'll still take the young under-study to Tom Brady at this point, Mullens was ok though. I wasn't nearly as impressed as some other posters. He was pissed on that INT too, but it was a horrible throw from like 7 yards away lol.

HansGruber

INFIDEL
Liked Posts:
Mullens is a baller and I was super impressed with how he handled things until the end,I still roll with Jimmy G though..

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

mecha

Liked Posts:
observation: ex-Patriots backup QBs have about as high a success rate as the Belichick coaching tree.

also: Brady is a system QB. one that just happens to be pretty F-ing stout and over an inhumanly Favre-like run. he'll pack it in before he plays someplace else.