Nick Mullens vs Jimmy Garoppolo

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Jimmy G injured by week 3 and Mullens starts.

They’d be contending for the #1 overall pick yet again then.

Mullens is the definition of a a backup QB. The fact that so many are indicating he could be a good starter shows Bears fans are still clueless on the QB position.

Hope your threads improve in 2019.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
The 49ers should have franchised JimmieG. They now have no option but to keep him and either sit or trade Mullens. Although in all fairness Garoppolo does have more arm talent and better footwork. If (big if) Garoppolo can stay healthy he should be the better choice long term.

Why do you have to trade Mullens. Because he’s had an inkling of success lol. So stupid.

If the Eagles didn’t have to trade Super Bowl mvp big dick Nick, the Niners certainly don’t have to trade Mullens because he has a 1.1 td to ints ratio which is far too successful to keep haha. How do these dumb thoughts get into the minds of Bears fans.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why do you have to trade Mullens. Because he’s had an inkling of success lol. So stupid.

If the Eagles didn’t have to trade Super Bowl mvp big dick Nick, the Niners certainly don’t have to trade Mullens because he has a 1.1 td to ints ratio which is far too successful to keep haha. How do these dumb thoughts get into the minds of Bears fans.

Niners are in a good situation with this provided Jimmy pulls his head out of ass and simply learns when to get down. They currently have 3 QB's with experience and 2 are very young. They should see what Mullens can get them. They could trade Beathard too but I think Mullens could get them more in a trade.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Niners are in a good situation with this provided Jimmy pulls his head out of ass and simply learns when to get down. They currently have 3 QB's with experience and 2 are very young. They should see what Mullens can get them. They could trade Beathard too but I think Mullens could get them more in a trade.

You really think Mullens would be a hot trade commodity?

I’m honestly floored that some think this.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
You really think Mullens would be a hot trade commodity?

I’m honestly floored that some think this.

I think someone easily gives up a 3rd round pick for him. Maybe more. If Bradford can get a 1st & a mid round pick, then Mullins can fetch that. Hell, clipboard Jesus got someone a 3rd rounder if I'm not mistaken.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
No way would I let go of Mullens with Mr. Glass starting. But... this is John Lynch we're talking about.

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I think someone easily gives up a 3rd round pick for him. Maybe more. If Bradford can get a 1st & a mid round pick, then Mullins can fetch that. Hell, clipboard Jesus got someone a 3rd rounder if I'm not mistaken.

I’d bet a lot of moola Mullens would not fetch more than 3rd round value and I think the is a reach.

Bradford at least had a track record and pedigree. Don’t see the comp.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are always these QBs that perform well in stints that come out of nowhere. They almost always go back to their expected level and are way over-valued by the fans.

Remember when people thought Hanie could be the next big thing......its like that...

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I’d bet a lot of moola Mullens would not fetch more than 3rd round value and I think the is a reach.

Bradford at least had a track record and pedigree. Don’t see the comp.

He had a lower passer rating and injury history. So yes, no comparison especially since Bradford was already viewed as league average at the point in his career. It's a classic sell high situation for the Niners, he'll need a good showing this week at LAR though. It's a QB's league. Mullens absolutely will have a trade market this year.
Either Beathard or Mullens is gone in the off-season.

https://theathletic.com/726873/2018...ick-mullens-become-too-valuable-not-to-trade/

https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/a6y49a/nick_mullens_trade_value/

Niners fans already discussing what he gets in a trade with most saying mid round.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
There are always these QBs that perform well in stints that come out of nowhere. They almost always go back to their expected level and are way over-valued by the fans.

Remember when people thought Hanie could be the next big thing......its like that...

Osweiler. Foles. Schaub. Keenum. You saw how Matt Ryan fell when they pulled Kyle out from under him. Same will happen to this guy