Official ??? BABY BOOMER ??? thread

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
in 1978-79 my grandfather, my moms dad, and I had a conversation about generations. Grandpa was born in the 1800's and his parents thought his generation was a bunch of out of control shitheads. He fought in WWI came home and had kids in the 1920's, he thought his kids were out of control shitheads, listening to big band jazz (negro music). My dad fought in WWII came home and made babies in the 50's, baby boomers, me, they thought we were out of control shitheads, listening to rock&roll (negro music). Our kid was born in 1991 and everybody thought that generation was a bunch of out of control shitheads, listening to rap and hip hop (negro music) spotting a trend?

People are people, they don't change, war's are different, technology changes, my parents thought looking at a computer was stupid, I think staring at a smart phone is stupid. All this BS about the different generation is just people being lazy and stupid, but by all means, please continue being lazy and stupid.

You say all of this yet kids today cannot afford nearly anything because they get paid trash wages, are buried in debt from student loans, and their parents are still working (albeit inefficiently) taking up a job that they would love to have.

Their parents are still scurred shitless because they were about to retire in 2006 and then everything melted the fuck down because the middle class was getting a bit big for its britches and big money had to figure out how to reign them in a bit. So now we have a generation that is going to work until it is dead because it is scared of losing what it has and in the meantime they are going to hamstring an entire generation of young workers while simultaneously blaming them for being lazy.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
You say all of this yet kids today cannot afford nearly anything because they get paid trash wages, are buried in debt from student loans, and their parents are still working (albeit inefficiently) taking up a job that they would love to have.

Their parents are still scurred shitless because they were about to retire in 2006 and then everything melted the fuck down because the middle class was getting a bit big for its britches and big money had to figure out how to reign them in a bit. So now we have a generation that is going to work until it is dead because it is scared of losing what it has and in the meantime they are going to hamstring an entire generation of young workers while simultaneously blaming them for being lazy.

Like I said things change, tech, society, the economy, politics, wars, everything. My point was, people are just people and to my knowledge over the course of 3 centuries are the same. Circumstances change, people don't

Yeah right now one very small group of people are doing great financially while everyone else is taking hit. When people catch on and see this problem they will change who they vote for and things will straighten out.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Can you please stop using words that I have to Google on my smartphone? Sheesh. Sorry we don't have time to study dictionaries like you old dinosaurs did back in the 60s!!!

_insert contumely, with a modicum of compunction_

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I love that the state paid for 2 new air conditioners, 2 new furnaces and tons of new attic insulation for me for free. LOLOLOLOLOLOLO

It's about time they started to repair and update those shitty state run facilities for the elderly and infirm. This is not the time of year to go without AC, congrats on you good luck.

@Urblock i'm sure you will be happy to hear the state of Illinois is spending money to help out those less fortunate.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Fuck him. Hope he never has kids.
I think that would be best for at least the next 5 years until he learns some life skills and can cook more then Hungry Man's/Ramen. We've all been there tho

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
in 1978-79 my grandfather, my moms dad, and I had a conversation about generations. Grandpa was born in the 1800's and his parents thought his generation was a bunch of out of control shitheads. He fought in WWI came home and had kids in the 1920's, he thought his kids were out of control shitheads, listening to big band jazz (negro music). My dad fought in WWII came home and made babies in the 50's, baby boomers, me, they thought we were out of control shitheads, listening to rock&roll (negro music). Our kid was born in 1991 and everybody thought that generation was a bunch of out of control shitheads, listening to rap and hip hop (negro music) spotting a trend?

People are people, they don't change, war's are different, technology changes, my parents thought looking at a computer was stupid, I think staring at a smart phone is stupid. All this BS about the different generation is just people being lazy and stupid, but by all means, please continue being lazy and stupid.

Black people make all the best music. I am sitting here looking at my out of control shithead kid listening to little naz Ex and thinking.... This is not my generations style.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
_insert contumely, with a modicum of compunction_

Word a day?