Official: Tank for Garrett Thread

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Windy...I don't think that video is convincing anyone to be all for Watson...I watch that video and I think I'd rather have Kizer

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Imagine if we could draft this guy and then trade our 2nd or 3rd rounder for Philip Rivers...

It sucks waiting for your team to be good again.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Brad kaaya is still a better pocket QB kizer has the IT factor Watson is a college QB.

Reactions: WCL

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Imagine if we could draft this guy and then trade our 2nd or 3rd rounder for Philip Rivers...

It sucks waiting for your team to be good again.

A bad team trying to rebuild is not going to trade a 2nd round pick for a 14th year QB at the end of his career. They need to draft someone. I thought the Jimmy G trade idea was bad until I started to read shit about Philip Rivers. wtf is going on in this place?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Not nuclear.

I want to fire John Fox. Firing a mediocre HC is hardly going nuclear.

1. I do not think Fox is a very good coach and I think his team is under achieving even with the talent limitations.

2. I do not have faith in him to make the transitions from Cutler to whoever the QB of the future.

So I do not think he is overly good at his job and I don't trust him to make the single most important decision of the next 5 years. I don't see a problem in wanting him gone.

And replace Fox with who exactly?

Monk

I hate acronyms
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know who Garrett is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WCL

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
A bad team trying to rebuild is not going to trade a 2nd round pick for a 14th year QB at the end of his career. They need to draft someone. I thought the Jimmy G trade idea was bad until I started to read shit about Philip Rivers. wtf is going on in this place?

Obviously getting a younger guy would be be better, but as a contingency if they don't like any of the QBs this year or don't suck well enough to get one? Yes it could be worth it for a 2nd or 3rd assuming they think he has three more good years in him and the team starts trending upward in the 2nd half of the season enough to not get one of the top picks.

Highly likely? No. But it is good to see there will be several potential routes to significantly upgrade at the QB position this offseason regardless of our record. And all roads look better when they don't end with Brian Hoyer as our 2017 starter.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
With a chance to draft Garrett makes losing a lot easier if we were be able to land him. He is going number one at this point, two at worst. It would suck if we continue to lose in are not in position to draft him. We are stuck in a year with a lot of bad teams, with SOS being too high.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
OK State definitely does not. They run way more advanced concepts than Clemson, especially in the deep passing passing game. They really push the ball. I coudn't imagine Watson with a 63 completion percentage if he had to play in that offense. And again these guys are top QB's for a reason. Even Chad Kelly makes a couple good throws a week.

There are no advanced concepts in college offenses. They both run spread offenses that simplify things for the QB and gets play makers in open space.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
With a chance to draft Garrett makes losing a lot easier if we were be able to land him. He is going number one at this point, two at worst. It would suck if we continue to lose in are not in position to draft him. We are stuck in a year with a lot of bad teams, with SOS being too high.

Wat? SOS is not something predetermined, the season needs to play out so it will fluctuate between now and the end of season.

-Overall ties are then broken by strength of schedule, which is a calculation of the combined record of all of a team's opponents in that year, with divisional opponents counting twice.

-The next tie breaker would be record against conference opponents and then divisional opponents.

-Coin flip will occur if tie still exists

NCChiFan

Bald, fat, toothless
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think you guys are being a bit optimistic. It isn't like this board to be so optimistic about the chances the Bears have one of the top 2 picks, our luck doesn't run that way. Figure on pick 5.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
And replace Fox with who exactly?

Established Coordinators

Kyle Shannahan would be very high on my list of people to interview. Has called plays for 3 different teams, 2 without his father, and has had success. He is currently resurrecting Matt Ryan and did nice work with RG3 before he was injured and went crazy.

Matt Patricia and Josh McDaniels would be on the list as well.

Interesting Wildcards

Harold Goodwin, perhaps we can capture some of the Bruce Arians magic that we missed. Arians loves him and has given him increased responsibility each year.

Anthony Lynn, the Bills offense has exploded with him calling the plays and apparently players love him.

College Coaches I would call

David Shaw, will not come.

Kevin Sumlin, the guy knows offense and has some Mike Tomlin swagger to him.

Todd Hermans, there is some magic there.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This QB class seems to have 4-5 very intriguing guys who could declare and who could sort themselves out in any order.

Rudolph
Kizer
Kaaya
Trubisky
Watson

They could order themselves anyway from 1-5 and it would not shock me that much.

Ej63090

Anti-Exultant Cruise Dire
Liked Posts:
This QB class seems to have 4-5 very intriguing guys who could declare and who could sort themselves out in any order.

Rudolph
Kizer
Kaaya
Trubisky
Watson

They could order themselves anyway from 1-5 and it would not shock me that much.

Not a fan of Falk? I know people dislike the air raid transition to the NFL but his pocket presence, reads, and throws are strong. He is no rookie starter but he has the skills to be a great QB.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
Why you people talking about needing a QB when we have Brian Hoyer. He's the schnizzel.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I don't like any of the top qb's!
Give me Garrett all day every day. A guaranteed stud vs ?????'s