OT: Felix Hernandez pitches perfect game against Rays

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
What is this point of this thread? Everyone of us know how awesome King Felix, except maybe Capt Serious who probably thinks he doesn't wins enough. If all we are allowed to talk about here is how awesome he is this would be a super boring thread. But I know how dare we talk about the Cubs.

I didn't know this was a problem. There are numerous things that the Cubs and Sox do that would possibly affect the other in-town team so I don't see why discussing items of common interest is taboo.

If this continues to be a problem maybe we should just un-sticky the everything baseball threads in both Cubs and Sox forums and move them to the all-sports forum, but seriously people, lighten up :lol:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I'd love it if we combined the Sox/Cubs Forums

Mr. Cub

2016 World Series Champs!
Liked Posts:
I'd love it if we combined the Sox/Cubs Forums

I wouldn't. I like the separation aspect so it doesn't get confusing. I like to see my Cubs stuff altogether. Not having to search through AJ's cats threads or Adam Dunn for MVP threads to see my Brett JacKKson strikeout thread. I like it how it is.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't know this was a problem. There are numerous things that the Cubs and Sox do that would possibly affect the other in-town team so I don't see why discussing items of common interest is taboo.

If this continues to be a problem maybe we should just un-sticky the everything baseball threads in both Cubs and Sox forums and move them to the all-sports forum, but seriously people, lighten up :lol:

This thread has nothing to do with either team. this isnt a thread to start discussing felix to the cubs. this isnt hard to understand.

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
Or like:

Baseball Forum
-Cubs Forum
-Sox Forum
-Around MLB and Shit goes here

Kinda like the Fire forum but with two subforums instead of one... we have like all the MLS stuff in the main part and International in a subforum.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or like:

Baseball Forum
-Cubs Forum
-Sox Forum
-Around MLB and Shit goes here

Kinda like the Fire forum but with two subforums instead of one... we have like all the MLS stuff in the main part and International in a subforum.

People hate subforums, otherwise this would be a good idea. Extra clicks = first world problems and conniptions :lol:

This thread has nothing to do with either team. this isnt a thread to start discussing felix to the cubs. this isnt hard to understand.

It's a thread about Felix Hernandez and his achievement, and as such it will lead to tangential conversations as many threads do, including where he might go next because he's such a good pitcher and the M's may not be able to retain him. Preventing good baseball conversation is kind of counter-productive in my opinion.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
People hate subforums, otherwise this would be a good idea. Extra clicks = first world problems and conniptions :lol:

It's a thread about Felix Hernandez and his achievement, and as such it will lead to tangential conversations as many threads do, including where he might go next because he's such a good pitcher and the M's may not be able to retain him. Preventing good baseball conversation is kind of counter-productive in my opinion.

always having a tradition of cub fans starting threads and creating conversations on fantasy players coming to the cubs (let alone in the sox forum) is a bit counter productive.

See: adam dunn, CJ Wilson, Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols plus many more. it gets old.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
always having a tradition of cub fans starting threads and creating conversations on fantasy players coming to the cubs (let alone in the sox forum) is a bit counter productive.

See: adam dunn, CJ Wilson, Prince Fielder, Albert Pujols plus many more. it gets old.

Like you, grumpy :troll:

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:

Well, we could do what some do and complain about it, or we could just ignore those posts, but this is, after all, the internet... :D

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we all need to take a breath and stop being so possessive of the White Sox forum, I hate the Cubs and will defend the world against all things Cubbie blue, but I ll take some good baseball discussion in the White Sox forum anyway because while people are in here they just may look into other Sox threads and discuss white sox baseball

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think we all need to take a breath and stop being so possessive of the White Sox forum, I hate the Cubs and will defend the world against all things Cubbie blue, but I ll take some good baseball discussion in the White Sox forum anyway because while people are in here they just may look into other Sox threads and discuss white sox baseball

That's the spirit...

I mean...good...gooooood...

palpatine.jpg

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
So far the actually discussion about King Felix has been what three or four posts. Posted a pretty cool article breaking down and that generated zero discussion. Sorry people here don't seem that interested in breaking it down.

Rice Cube

World Series Dreaming
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a really cool video of all 27 outs of the perfect game. Aside from one deep flyout and a couple of lineouts he was absolutely dominant. It was mostly awesomeness by King Felix and only a little smidge of luck thrown in.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a really cool video of all 27 outs of the perfect game. Aside from one deep flyout and a couple of lineouts he was absolutely dominant. It was mostly awesomeness by King Felix and only a little smidge of luck thrown in.

Just another run of the mill perfect game :shrug:

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
A truly perfect game would be 81 swinging strikes for 27 outs. Since that's impossible, getting a bit of help from lady luck is all good :D

Wouldn't a perfect gme be 27 swings to the pitcher on soft liners?