OT: Flacco "Not My Job to Groom Lock"

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Joe Flacco says his job description doesn't include grooming his successor, so he suggests rookie Drew Lock sit back, watch him work and ask plenty of questions -- of offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello.

This looks like it'll go well. Flacco still obviously butthurt over playing like shit for 6 years and losing his job to Lamar Jaxxon

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Joe Flacco says his job description doesn't include grooming his successor, so he suggests rookie Drew Lock sit back, watch him work and ask plenty of questions -- of offensive coordinator Rich Scangarello.

This looks like it'll go well. Flacco still obviously butthurt over playing like shit for 6 years and losing his job to Lamar Jaxxon
If I were Drew Lock's coach, I'd forbid him from watching Joe Flacco try to play QB.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If I were Drew Lock's coach, I'd forbid him from watching Joe Flacco try to play QB.

Good point. Unless you want to watch what not to do

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
This whole not putting a band aid on things and finding long term solutions is going to work out great for Vic

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Joe has played like crap since his Super Bowl run in 2012. He has always been aloof with the fans in Baltimore, and his true colors are shining through.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well, I read the article (go figure) and don't disagree with anything Flacco said. Dude has not given up and is focused on learning a new system. Not his job to train the rookie.

I mean, from the outside, obviously Flacco sucks. But can't blame him for giving it his all and not laying down.

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Lol Joe like "Not again, motherfuckers"

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is Flacco the starter? If so, then it’s definitely his job to win games first and foremost.
He is the starter as of now but dude is pretty bad now

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I wouldn’t want to train the guy at work who’s going to steal my job either

Starion

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Surprised they got him to openly admit that, but most vets in the twilight of their fading careers probably feel the same hurt.

He probably knows he's just a gap-filler after the draft. Should just play his ass off and be content to earning a contract as a backup somewhere next year if that's what he wants. If not, be a good dude and retire with some class.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Seems somewhat bitter to me. Totally agree that his top priority should be to win and he does need to learn a new playbook with a whole new supporting cast, etc. In a way I feel a little sorry for him at this stage in his career though, having beaten the odds, coming out of Univ of Delaware, had a great career, and has taken as much money out of football as the top 1% . With all that behind him kind of a shame he is looking at his play as a job description.

How about instead "I have much work to do right now to get the Denver Broncos once again back on top in the division. This is a young team and I look forward to providing the leadership to aid in their development. "

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Maybe Drew Lock just sucks, and Flacco doesn't want to take on a project that is doomed to fail? Like how Mark Sanchez didn't want to be seen grooming Mike Glennon and instead took PEDs to avoid the whole situation?

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I guess the question is as a team, do you want a QB whose attitude is that it's his team and I plan on keeping it that way or be the "team player" you will do whatever to help out? I like the first option for a QB. If Flacco was a few years older then it would be the 2nd option

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe Flacco will help if Drew reciprocates by teaching him this.
g84ikjtv21x21.gif

On a more serious note. Flacco might have a stick up his butt about his situation and is doing everything he can to prove the Ravens made a mistake.

https://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/nfl/bs-sp-flacco-broncos-lock-20190513-story.html