OT: Patterson signing no bueno

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
This is Nagy’s solution to having a TE that gets injured/flakes out during the most important games. He is versatile and makes the defense have to account for him as a RB or WR and he is a very good returner.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Remember when everyone bitched all season about Nagy trying to get to cute? This isn't going to help. There's only 1 football and Bears got plenty of playmakers. Only thing this does is take touches away from more talented players imo. I guess we'll see.

Because of course in football nobody ever gets seriously injured... Why have any depth?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
This is Nagy’s solution to having a TE that gets injured/flakes out during the most important games. He is versatile and makes the defense have to account for him as a RB or WR and he is a very good returner.
Paces "solution" - cover up TE with a kick returner

What even...?

This is an excellent example of bears fans explaining literally anything away as 'good'

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You're also allowed to keep your opinion to yourself.

Dont want to hear people call you out on stupidity...dont share it. Simple.

It's literally a free county and a public forum, idiot

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Paces "solution" - cover up TE with a kick returner

What even...?

This is an excellent example of bears fans explaining literally anything away as 'good'
I think he means Patterson is beefing up to be a soft squishy anxiety pillow for when Burton gets edgy. It could work.

4thand26

Liked Posts:
I wonder what his (or anyone’s) KR average would be if you included penalties. Meaning if he returns it to the 25 but a penalty brings it back to the 10. Use the 10 yards as his KR yards. Or is that how they do it?

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I think Pace is tired of signing guys in the CFL and having Benny Cinningham return kicks.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Pace just couldn't help himself. Every year he tries to get cute. Started with Glennon, then Sims, Parkey and now Patterson. He just signed Kevin White 2.0 of WRs. Bears will be starting on the 30 yard line this year instead of the 25. Great! Maybe if he stays healthy he can return partial value of that 10m spent.

He is a premier kick returner. If you think his value is expected to come running routes, you need to do some research.

For shit’s sake we lost Bellamy at WR and Sims. In other words, all weapons return.

All year long people bitched about Mizzell returning kicks and we got the best returner in the league and suddenly it is nothing.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
The people unhappy with this seem to think the team had bigger holes to plug. Yeah we're all sad we missed out on Kareem Hunt and La'Veon Bell, but returner was a position of need too...there's no denying that

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If pace is able to still get Bell all is forgiven, if this keeps Pace from getting Bell, I guess there will be some amazing mental gymnastics defending the genius of Pace and double digit IQ Patterson.

I think you have clearly given up the right to criticize someone else’s intelligence.

Do you really not get that we are not getting Bell?

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
He is a premier kick returner. If you think his value is expected to come running routes, you need to do some research.

For shit’s sake we lost Bellamy at WR and Sims. In other words, all weapons return.

All year long people bitched about Mizzell returning kicks and we got the best returner in the league and suddenly it is nothing.
He returned 7 kicks

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would rather spend money elsewhere. Kickoff return is a dying play. Take the ball at the 25 and spend $10M to move it towards the end zone with the offense. Or maybe Patterson is gimicky enough that Nagy will get the value out of him?

He will get carries on sweeps. He is fast. Cohen is fast. Nagy is getting speed to play with. Not plodding RBs.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Let's see...is Patterson an upgrade over Bellamy. I'd say so. I bet Patterson gives us more yards in field position than Bellamy ever did.

Plus, think about having Gabriel and Patterson on the field together...who's going to run the end around? and then BOOM, throw it to an OT lol!

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Patterson won't be merely a returner for us. He will be another chess piece in our offense.

We finally get a coach to install a modern offense, and posters are complaining because they would rather have a bellcow RB again...

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
He beat us. This is Josh Bellamy +$1.5m. Pull your panties out your cracks.

napo55

Liked Posts:
Looks like a good move. He's a great kick returner and adds speed both as a WR and RB. My only question is why NE let him go to save 5 m?