OT: Tyreek Hill police incident in KC

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The recording alone would be enough for me to cut this guy.... especially considering his past.

I really don't want to see Hill play again

Hill is a different level talent. The Chiefs are certainly going to hope this blows over. I think they went out of their way to make a point with the last person they cut, which I thought was a less egregious crime.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
You insinuate that I'm trying to find excuses for Tyreek. That isn't accurate. You can see my post history on abusers like Marshall and Ray McDonald if you want to see the sympathy I have for excuses. I think it's an interesting case unfolding before our eyes and I will continue to be interested as things develop.
I'm not per se saying your trying to find excuses for Tyrek. My apologies, I probably wasn't as artful in what I was trying to say as I should have been.

What I'm saying is that, and this is no fault of yours, but it's worth it to be aware of the bias we incorporate into our lives. From a societal standpoint, I've noticed we blame women far more than we require men to accept blame for their actions.

This in particular is a case where a child's well-being is at stake. Where hospital records show he has a broken arm and where he's been removed from Hill for his safety. Where Hill is on recording saying not only should his child be afraid of him, but so should his wife. Yet, here we are talking about her mental health (and in doing so, so obviously ignoring the child).

To be clear, I'm not saying Hill doesn't deserve for this entire matter to be fully investigated and to be given a chance to clear his name in the court of public opinion. I'm just pointing our bias as a broader issue and not just limited to this incident.

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Hill is a different level talent. The Chiefs are certainly going to hope this blows over. I think they went out of their way to make a point with the last person they cut, which I thought was a less egregious crime.
As I stated in another thread, KC knows that offense runs through Hill and Kelce. It will bring that offense back down to earth in a hurry if he is suspended. They will try anything they can to keep him for this season...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
As I stated in another thread, KC knows that offense runs through Hill and Kelce. It will bring that offense back down to earth in a hurry if he is suspended. They will try anything they can to keep him for this season...

Its not going to hurt the offense that much...it will impact it, but I think they view Hill and Hunt much differently from a talent standpoint.

Monster

Liked Posts:
Just saw since there are no charges he will likely be there...

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beat your kid, we’ll think about it....smoke a joint, you are suspended. Just another reason the NFL is messed up.

The collective bargaining agreement has specific things they have to follow.

benplace

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Beat your kid, we’ll think about it....smoke a joint, you are suspended. Just another reason the NFL is messed up.
You do realize that some things are easier to prove than others, right?

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
Just saw since there are no charges he will likely be there...
Yep.....And now it is in the commish's hands. Hill could be suspended like Hunt, or put on the exempt list like Peterson.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
There is a level of common sense that goes beyond proof in a court......

At worst Hill beat his child, badly...

At best, he tried to ignore/cover up a beating to his child.....

A common sense decision needs to be made.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can't really kick a player out of the league if there are no charges or evidence of wrongdoing. We do know at least some shady shit happened but that's no reason to kick him out of the league. My guess is that he probably gets 6-8 games suspension.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Can't really kick a player out of the league if there are no charges or evidence of wrongdoing. We do know at least some shady shit happened but that's no reason to kick him out of the league. My guess is that he probably gets 6-8 games suspension.
Nah we know there was wrong doing we just can’t prove it “beyond a reasonable doubt”. Same standard doesn’t apply to the NFL.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
wow....people who listened to the full audio are now writing that Tyreek shouldn't get a suspension. Sounds like his baby mama is crazy.

https://sports.yahoo.com/extended-r...ncee-released-by-radio-station-191620404.html
"Daddy did it"
"Daddy punches me"

Baby mama says Tyreek whoops him with belt and makes him open his arms when crying so Tyreek can punch him in the chest. He does not deny it.

I think it rather obvious Tyreek Hill has made a habit out of abusing his son.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I am still trying to figure out the post that says they can’t kick him out of the league with no evidence of wrongdoing followed by suggestion of an 8 game suspension.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Let's open up everything. Let's put it all on chronological order and see how it looks.

Let's find out what he exactly plead guilty to in 2015. Let's find out how many times child services have disallowed him access to his son. Let's find out how many 911 calls have been made. Let's look at what kind of physical harm has been inflicted on his baby mama and their child.

From there some will still say "but she's crazy", but that's only because they were going to back Hill no matter what he did.

For me, he's human garbage. I'm not a fan of society continuing to give him a platform to be praised.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I'd add, the Chiefs should also be looked at differently. They have become an organization that is turning a blind eye. I did think they were trying to change their ways with cutting Hunt, but it appears they are trying to be very strict to the replaceable players. Someone like Hill is an exception to their newly created rules...

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I'd add, the Chiefs should also be looked at differently. They have become an organization that is turning a blind eye. I did think they were trying to change their ways with cutting Hunt, but it appears they are trying to be very strict to the replaceable players. Someone like Hill is an exception to their newly created rules...
This is correct