OT: What If Bruce Arians took the Packers job

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I know he said he today he would only consider the Browns job if he came out of retirement but Green Bay is a way more attractive job than Cleveland. And yeah MM isn’t fired yet but I definitely think he will be fired after this season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I would hate that.

I didn't realize he was considering coming out of retirement (but I find it funny that that is the only way he'd consider a job - no kidding? That's the very definition of "coming out of retirement.) :)

I think if the right coach takes Cleveland they'll look real good turning that record around. Cleveland has issues still, but they are certainly better than a two win team. They lost the OT on two ridiculous calls that the NFL admitted they blew, and another OT game was a tie because of their kicker missing multiple chip shots. (Two PATs I think?) Arians could do well there.

But nobody takes that over GB if open. I will now be worried about this dammit.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I know he said he today he would only consider the Browns job if he came out of retirement but Green Bay is a way more attractive job than Cleveland. And yeah MM isn’t fired yet but I definitely think he will be fired after this season.

Cleveland has 1 less win and more young talent than the Packers. Coaching up a promising, young QB could be more attractive.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I would hate that.

I didn't realize he was considering coming out of retirement (but I find it funny that that is the only way he'd consider a job - no kidding? That's the very definition of "coming out of retirement.) :)

I think if the right coach takes Cleveland they'll look real good turning that record around. Cleveland has issues still, but they are certainly better than a two win team. They lost the OT on two ridiculous calls that the NFL admitted they blew, and another OT game was a tie because of their kicker missing multiple chip shots. (Two PATs I think?) Arians could do well there.

But nobody takes that over GB if open. I will now be worried about this dammit.

He is not officially coming out retirement I believe he was answering a question about it but he does say in this article there is a chance he could come out of retirement
https://es.pn/2P9Pvg2

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Cleveland has 1 less win and more young talent than the Packers. Coaching up a promising, young QB could be more attractive.

The packers have Aaron Rodgers though. MM is one of the biggest reasons that team has 1 more win than Cleveland

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
We would beat them because we have a more talented roster

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm not sure that GB is quite as attractive as people might think at first glance.

There are big problems with that team that Rodgers band-aids over. And imo, Rodgers has declined just enough that he will not carry the team to 10-12 wins every year all by himself like they are used to. But Rodgers will keep them out of the cellar and picking in the bottom half of the draft. That team is not getting restocked as long as Rodgers is around.

GB is looking at mediocrity for the next 3-4 years imo. Then prob a new coach that will have 2-3 years of losing seasons while the FO builds with high draft picks until the fire the HC and hire someone they really want.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
I'm not sure that GB is quite as attractive as people might think at first glance.

There are big problems with that team that Rodgers band-aids over. And imo, Rodgers has declined just enough that he will not carry the team to 10-12 wins every year all by himself like they are used to. But Rodgers will keep them out of the cellar and picking in the bottom half of the draft.

GB is looking at mediocrity for the next 3-4 years imo. Then prob a new coach that will have 2-3 years of losing seasons while the FO builds with high draft picks until the fire the HC and hire someone they really want.

Gruden needs to just trade those 3 first round picks for Rodgers and be done with it. We all know he wants to.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Packers need to rebuild but Rodgers is holding that up