OT: Why is There No Celebration For The Cardinals Who Also Celebrate 100 Years This Year?

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
https://www.profootballhof.com/news/nfl-founded-in-canton/
Many problems plagued the game of pro football with increasing regularity. The need for a sense of order brought these men, which among others included George Halas, together in Canton to form the first professional football league. Eleven franchises were represented at the meeting: Akron Pros, Canton Bulldogs, Decatur Staleys, Chicago Cardinals, Cleveland Indians Dayton Triangles, Hammond Pros, Massillon Tigers, Muncie Flyers, Rock Island Independents, Rochester Jeffersons

The first matter of business was Massillon's withdrawal from professional football for the 1920 season. The team never joined the NFL. However, by season's start, the membership also included the Buffalo All-Americans, Chicago Tigers, Columbus Panhandles, and Detroit Heralds. Only two of the franchises still exist today. The Decatur Staleys moved to Chicago in 1921 and were renamed the Bears one year later. The Chicago Cardinals franchise now calls Arizona home.
I find it strange how people seem to have forgotten that the Chicago Cardinals survived until this day. In fact, they are the oldest continuous team, dating back to 1898.

They even had a loser-get-the-hell-out-of-Chicago game.

The Cardinals faced an immediate challenge for territorial rights in Chicago from a team named the Tigers, who joined the league after the organizational meeting on September 17. O'Brien and the Cardinals promptly challenged the Tigers to a game, with the losers to leave town. The Cardinals won the game and the franchise rights when the legendary Paddy Driscoll scored the only touchdown in a 6-0 victory.

They also hold a little-know NFL record which will probably never be beaten or matched (sadly, against the Bears).

A Thanksgiving Day game in 1929 did produce an all-time highlight when the Cardinals' superstar running back, Ernie Nevers, scored all 40 points -- an NFL record that stands today -- in a 40-6 victory over the Chicago Bears.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
because josh rosen would make all 100 years about him anyway

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
Because it’s the fucking Cardinals! They could fold up tomorrow and the NFL won’t notice.

Jerry Maguire made them more relavent to America then the last 100 years. #showmethemoney

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Because it’s the fucking Cardinals! They could fold up tomorrow and the NFL won’t notice.

Jerry Maguire made them more relavent to America then the last 100 years. #showmethemoney
They made it to the Super Bowl in those 100 years so they aren't completely without value.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I just wanna say F*** the Cardinals for leaving Chicago....just think IF....Chicago hosts a Superbowl AFTER building a Higher Capacity Indoor stadium and if they were in the AFL AND if they played the BEARs in a Superbowl off Lake Shore ?? Now that's what I'm talkin about

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Which Cardinals? Chicago, St Louis or Arizona?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Displaced Fans like the Raider loyalists

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I just wanna say F*** the Cardinals for leaving Chicago....just think IF....Chicago hosts a Superbowl AFTER building a Higher Capacity Indoor stadium and if they were in the AFL AND if they played the BEARs in a Superbowl off Lake Shore ?? Now that's what I'm talkin about

Why on earth would you be upset at a team that left town because they were far less popular than the Bears?

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Same team. Do you think that the Raiders history in LA and Oakland will be thrown out when they move to Vegas?
Of course not and I may even care a bit more about it. I know who they are and remember watching Hart at QB way back.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
To the day he died my grandfather was a Cardinals fan, and always cursed George Halas.

Also hated the Cubs, because "Cubs turn into Bears."

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
https://www.profootballhof.com/news/nfl-founded-in-canton/

I find it strange how people seem to have forgotten that the Chicago Cardinals survived until this day. In fact, they are the oldest continuous team, dating back to 1898.

So, your thread is titled "Why is there no celebration for the Cardinals"...I think you answered your own question? Am I missing something here?

sep-1998-quarterback-jake-plummer-of-the-arizona-cardinals-in-action-picture-id336565