OT: Why is There No Celebration For The Cardinals Who Also Celebrate 100 Years This Year?

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
One of the best but not many watched it compaired to the last 10 SBs. That was the point.
That's not much of a point considering that veiwership in general has been rising for the NFL as a whole (not just the Super Bowl) the last ten years.

Your point is like saying that not many watched the first Super Bowls compared to the last 10 years. Duh.

Doing a little research, it appears that the Cards-Steelers Super Bowl had higher ratings than the 4 previous Super Bowls at the time. People watched it. It was great.

Furthermore, one of the greatest modern Super Bowls ever, Rams and Pats in 2002, had significantly lower ratings than SB games of the last tens years. But I guess nobody watched that one either.

Last edited:

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
So, your thread is titled "Why is there no celebration for the Cardinals"...I think you answered your own question? Am I missing something here?

sep-1998-quarterback-jake-plummer-of-the-arizona-cardinals-in-action-picture-id336565
I guess that would be it, but then there is the thing last year where it was being reported that the Packers were the oldest professional football team at 100 years. Just seems inconsistent.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Gotcha. You just never mentioned Chicago in your post about your grandfather loving the Cardinals.
I mentioned George Halas and the Cubs in a post that discussed the one-time Chicago Cardinals football team. I thought it was kind of assumed.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
I mentioned George Halas and the Cubs in a post that discussed the one-time Chicago Cardinals football team. I thought it was kind of assumed.
You are right. I must have missed that, seeing that Halas played for the New York Yankees and not the Cubs.

mecha

Liked Posts:
of the last like 15 [consecutive] years the only 2 Super Bowls I didn't watch were the Steelers/Cardinals and Steelers/Packers games. the latter of which made me throw up in my mouth. where I come from there's a bizarre collective of people I utterly despise that fantard out for the Steelers, so they're like a damaged goods piece of shit team to me now.

Cardinals celebrated their 100th in 1998, over 20 years ago. thread over.