Our defense is only getting better.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
This defense was good all season but it has become great and all the critics saying it can't carry them to the super bowl are delusional. Look at these numbers:

Games 1-4 16.2 ppg allowed 3-1
Games 5-8 22.0 ppg allowed 2-2
Games 9-12 22.0 ppg allowed 3-1
Games 13-16 10.5 ppg allowed 4-0

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
In the past 6 games, the Bears D have given up only 2 total passing TDs.

Oh, they faced 4 4,000+ yard passers over that span...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ursamajor

D.J. Moore is phat
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The biggest knock on them early, was their 4th quarter woes.

They cleaned that up, and started finishing games strong.

34_Bear

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure on this but with the CBA the defenses need a little more time to get into playing shape. This equals to more games. This may be why the D suffered in the fourth quarter early on in the season. Also the Offense has stepped up and kept them more rested in the second half. They are definitely finishing the games more strong both on the offense and defensive side. Lets hope this continues.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Mack sat out of raiders camps... floyd had a broken hand... so our best pass rushers were a combination of out of shape and injured to start the season...

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Roquan Smith doesnt get enough credit for the boost he has given the defense.

Without him the defensive backs would have to cheat towards tight ends and running backs that a slower linebacker couldn't track on plays the offense executed well on. Instead both of our safeties can play their assignment and know that Quan will be solid in coverage long enough to allow pressure to get to the QB or at worst give up a completion with with minimal YAC.

If Quan wasn't as good as he is you'd see a lot more teams attacking the flats and checking it down. Quan has such good coverage skills that if the QB isnt certain he can make the throw looks to other options.

He's not just a good linebacker in this league but a future probowler because he excels in every category except turnovers. My guess is he improves on those numbers as the game slows down in the future.

mecha

Liked Posts:

yeah, prior to the season there was doom and gloom over the strength of schedule, something like they weren't going to win a single game in the 2nd half of the season. then as the season played out the narrative switched mid-way to "oh they haven't beaten winning teams". well, they have. they also ended the playoff hopes for every team in the division. the NFC's elites had major cupcake schedules because their divisions eat dick. Packers remained a threat to the Bears and the Vikings and Lions had their share of wins against actual good teams.

Bears are going to beat the shit out of playoff teams, no matter who or where the games are being played. you'll see.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Roquan Smith doesnt get enough credit for the boost he has given the defense.

Without him the defensive backs would have to cheat towards tight ends and running backs that a slower linebacker couldn't track on plays the offense executed well on. Instead both of our safeties can play their assignment and know that Quan will be solid in coverage long enough to allow pressure to get to the QB or at worst give up a completion with with minimal YAC.

If Quan wasn't as good as he is you'd see a lot more teams attacking the flats and checking it down. Quan has such good coverage skills that if the QB isnt certain he can make the throw looks to other options.

He's not just a good linebacker in this league but a future probowler because he excels in every category except turnovers. My guess is he improves on those numbers as the game slows down in the future.
He's been as good as advertised as a rookie. In his first 8 games he had one game of 10 or more tackles and upped that to 5 in his last 8. Also had 5 sacks this season. He's been terrific.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Vic Fangio,

MY NIQQ.....

I remember regs on here saying they'd be fine if he'd leave before the season. If this yr hasn't cemented in your mind Vic is a top 5 def. mind IN FOOTBALL, then nothing will.

I'd pay him the avg. of a first yr HC or more before the interviews and match any reasonable offer.

Roquan has been good. Kyle has been very good, and Mack has lived up to the hype while Hicks has become a top top interior force. The safety play has exceeded expectations as well....it's just lots of good on that side of the ball, and I DON'T see how Philly really does much work against it.

I saw a few people before the season down on Fangio and thought It made no sense. We had a top 10 defense last season which was the one bright spot. Don't really here anybody criticizing him now.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Yeah sure the defense is good, but have you heard about NICK FOLES MAGIC?

Let me tell you a thing or two about magic...

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

That's actually pretty crazy. Let's hope that continues for the next 4 games this season.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Guys, Foles is going to kill our defense with his wizard magic.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Mack sat out of raiders camps... floyd had a broken hand... so our best pass rushers were a combination of out of shape and injured to start the season...

Also, Roquan wasn't in great shape after the holdout ... physically and mentally ... and has gotten better thruout the year

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
He might just be one this year ... as an alternate.

Quarterback Mitch Trubisky, tight end Trey Burton, center Cody Whitehair, left tackle Charles Leno, outside linebacker Leonard Floyd and inside linebackers Roquan Smith and Danny Trevathan were all named alternates.

Then I hope that none of the Bears go to the pro bowl because they are busy preparing for the Super Bowl.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Roquan has got better and better - he’s a star. His speed is a huge part of why this defence has become more and more dominant. 122 tackles from a slow start, it’s not always flashy but he is everywhere.