Ozzie Fires Back About Thome

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I like that Ozzie is talking this way about a guy who is no longer with the team. It wasn't his decision alone to let Thome go.

Kenny Williams needs to give Ozzie an extention, not fire him. :smoke:

GrinderBall41

Sox/B'Hawks/Bears/Purdue
Liked Posts:
My boss was just talking to the guy in the office next to mine about how he's glad we didnt re-sign thome because he is a baseclogger. Im so glad I'm quitting.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
I like that Ozzie is talking this way about a guy who is no longer with the team. It wasn't his decision alone to let Thome go.

warfgif.gif

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Still no reason to go off on Thome like that. If anyone in the MLB should have respect its Thome, always has been a class act on/off the field.

BigSoxHurt35

Liked Posts:
Ozzie DOESN"T need to go!! Theres no better manager out there! If we would stop playing like complete shit the past 2 weeks we'd be in first place! We have 3 games left with Minny thats the only reason im keeping out slim hope

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Ozzie never "went off" on Thome, if you read the whole article, he was complimenting the guy.

He went off on the people saying how we should have kept Thome. Then Ozzie said if we should have kept anyone it should have been Dye, but nobody says anything about that.

If Thome wasn't with the Twins, this conversation never happens.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
Ozzie never "went off" on Thome, if you read the whole article, he was complimenting the guy.

He went off on the people saying how we should have kept Thome. Then Ozzie said if we should have kept anyone it should have been Dye, but nobody says anything about that.

If Thome wasn't with the Twins, this conversation never happens.

Yeah, except for the parts of the whole interview where he basically calls Thome an asshole for accepting a trade to the Dodgers last year:

"First of all, let me make this clear. All right, when the White Sox made Jim Thome, Jim Thome made the decision to leave to the Dodgers. He made that decision to himself, all right."

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
Yeah, except for the parts of the whole interview where he basically calls Thome an asshole for accepting a trade to the Dodgers last year:

I think what he probably meant was that Thome wasn't exactly sold on staying in Chicago.

Ozzie was essentially defending his/the organizations decision to let him go, by implying it was mutual. (considering how the contents of the article and most posts here are about attacking ozzie for essentially kicking Thome off of the team, it's a logical defense)

Again, if Thome was with the Dodgers or anyone else outside the AL central, this never comes up. Anyway, it's in the past and players move on. :dunno:

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
I think what he probably meant was that Thome wasn't exactly sold on staying in Chicago.

Ozzie was essentially defending his/the organizations decision to let him go, by implying it was mutual. (considering how the contents of the article and most posts here are about attacking ozzie for essentially kicking Thome off of the team, it's a logical defense)

Again, if Thome was with the Dodgers or anyone else outside the AL central, this never comes up. Anyway, it's in the past and players move on. :dunno:

It's refreshing to have a poster here that doesn't salivate at any chance to bash Ozzie.

icehogfan08

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I believe it was Thome who waited most of the off-season. He waited around until the Sox made their decision on whether or not he would come back, was going to take a huge paycut, which is something JD wasn't willing to do. So to say that Thome wasn't sold on staying in Chicago was balogne

Lefty

Liked Posts:
It's refreshing to have a poster here that doesn't salivate at any chance to bash Ozzie.

What are you talking about? People bash Ozzie because he does stupid things that hurt the team, like his decision to not bring back Thome in favor of Mark fucking Kotsay. Now, exactly why it was left up to this buffoon in the first place is a different matter (personally, I think the owner is a closeted meatball that won't let Kenny fire the manager [who also happens to be one of his buddies] for his miscues and told him to make this Ozzie's team), but don't make it out like people are coming out of left field with completely ludicrous arguments against Ozzie and his practices.

Montanaro

Liked Posts:
It's true that ozzie makes mistakes, but you'd be hard pressed to find a manager or coach in any sport who hasn't and hasn't taken heat from their respective fan base.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's true that ozzie makes mistakes, but you'd be hard pressed to find a manager or coach in any sport who hasn't and hasn't taken heat from their respective fan base.

thats actually true. me and a lot of other fans used to destroy coach q at times, and the same for stan bowman at last years deadline. Ozzie makes mistakes and pisses me off with the kotsay shit, and how he falls in love with certain guys.....linebrink,cotts in the past, kotsay etc. but at the same time people such as fans stating that they should manage a team because they wouldnt do the things ozzie does is absurd and amusing. i yell out fire ozzie when im pissed, but i do not have a solution to the problem nor will i pretend like i do. some people in the message board world have all the ansewers to all of sports teams problems.......and i have said it before those people come a dime a dozen, and if they know so much......i ask then why arent they managing a team? why arent they a gm? why are they jocking a message board forum? its like a nurse who questions the surgeon.

Lefty

Liked Posts:

This "well look at what everyone else is doing relative to Ozzie" argument is as lazy as they come. Just because a larger group of managers cost their respective teams runs by trying to steal and bunt too often isn't a very good reason to accept stealing and bunting to the point of costing yourself runs. Especially so because the solution to the cost runs isn't spending more time in the cages or in the bullpen as it would be for a player, it's as simple as "don't do those things".

I have no idea why fans are eager to both quickly identify the status quo (managers cost their teams runs) and accept it (since everyone does it, Ozzie isn't really that bad) in defense of Ozzie. It really boggles my mind.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
thats actually true. me and a lot of other fans used to destroy coach q at times, and the same for stan bowman at last years deadline. Ozzie makes mistakes and pisses me off with the kotsay shit, and how he falls in love with certain guys.....linebrink,cotts in the past, kotsay etc. but at the same time people such as fans stating that they should manage a team because they wouldnt do the things ozzie does is absurd and amusing. i yell out fire ozzie when im pissed, but i do not have a solution to the problem nor will i pretend like i do. some people in the message board world have all the ansewers to all of sports teams problems.......and i have said it before those people come a dime a dozen, and if they know so much......i ask then why arent they managing a team? why arent they a gm? why are they jocking a message board forum? its like a nurse who questions the surgeon.

:lmao: You are the poster boy for asinine, "I'm a dumb motherfucker that's pissed that I'm not the big-swinging dick in this collective group" arguments. You're pathetic.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
:lmao: You are the poster boy for asinine, "I'm a dumb motherfucker that's pissed that I'm not the big-swinging dick in this collective group" arguments. You're pathetic.

wow, thats a great comeback. did I hit a nerve?

So i am a "dumb mother fucker" intelligent response.

a "dumb mother fucker" sits at home all day playing cyber bully on message boards without a job or a career. just letting you know.

w/love

dewey

Lefty

Liked Posts:
wow, thats a great comeback. did I hit a nerve?

So i am a "dumb mother fucker" intelligent response.

a "dumb mother fucker" sits at home all day playing cyber bully on message boards without a job or a career. just letting you know.

w/love

dewey

:lmao: