Paxson Contrasting Mullens and Asik?

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Re:paxson Contrastic Mullens and Asik?

No offense to the poster, but I don't buy it for a second.

Not that I don't think we may have interest in Mullens, but I don't see why he would be comparing him to Asik when Asik still has another year before he comes over to strengthen his knee up.

jsain360

Liked Posts:
Don't know much on Asik, does anybody know anything about this guy, I heard he is supossed to be good

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Asik has similar blocking instincts to Ben Wallace, but isn't anywhere as close to being as strong or athletic as Wallace.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
I think this is an assumption more than anything else. Sure, Paxson is likely over their with Omer to see how he is, and how his contract situation is at the moment but I don't think whether he comes this season or not will dictate his decision to draft Mullens specifically.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Manic Devourer wrote:
I think this is an assumption more than anything else. Sure, Paxson is likely over their with Omer to see how he is, and how his contract situation is at the moment but I don't think whether he comes this season or not will dictate his decision to draft Mullens specifically.
Really, you think we will have all of Asik, Noah, Miller, and Mullens here at the same time? Espically with a possibility of a deng for shaq swap as a possibility?

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Manic Devourer wrote:
Really, you think we will have all of Asik, Noah, Miller, and Mullens here at the same time? Espically with a possibility of a deng for shaq swap as a possibility?

:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

Rose
Wade
Deng
Noah/Omer
Kaman/Mullens

Make it happen Gar!

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I spent maybe 15 minutes looking at Asik on my scouting service, and I thought he sucked. Nothing about him made me think he belongs in the NBA.

Manic Devourer

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
Manic Devourer wrote:

No, my point was if he really wants Mullens, he'll draft him regardless of whether Omer comes to play at the end of the year or not. The question is does Paxson really want Mullens, not will Omer play for the Bulls next season. I don't think either is related to the other.

MADman24

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I spent maybe 15 minutes looking at Asik on my scouting service, and I thought he sucked. Nothing about him made me think he belongs in the NBA.
Not that I've seen him play but if what you say is true your still forgetting one of my favorite phrases, he's 7 feet tall. That alone cast a magical spell over many gm's eyes which forces them to draft guys who have no skills at all.

JimmyBulls

Liked Posts:
Doug

Was the footage you watched of Omer before or after his injury?

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I might be wrong, but didn't you say the only thing you watched of him was his offense? I think the main things he brings are defense and rebounding, similar to Noah. Same thing as if you watched a Noah offensive highlight video...you obviously wouldn't think he'd be one of the better C's.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:

I agree 100%, he was being pushed around and looked thin and frail. He had no real post moves that would do much in the NBA.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
He's a Euro 2nd rounder so I don't really care. Dragan Tarlac, Dalibor Bagaric, Omer Asik, eh, same thing.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Not that I've seen him play but if what you say is true your still forgetting one of my favorite phrases, he's 7 feet tall. That alone cast a magical spell over many gm's eyes which forces them to draft guys who have no skills at all.

Well like I said, I only looked at him for 15 minutes, but it wasn't an impressive 15 minutes.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
JimmyBulls wrote:
Doug

Was the footage you watched of Omer before or after his injury?

Before the injury.

I might be wrong, but didn't you say the only thing you watched of him was his offense? I think the main things he brings are defense and rebounding, similar to Noah. Same thing as if you watched a Noah offensive highlight video...you obviously wouldn't think he'd be one of the better C's.

I looked at him a little on defense as well. I've taken a look at him a few times, so at the time I may have only looked at him on offense. I plan to discuss him on some podcast coming up whenever I run out of draft talk.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Manic Devourer wrote:
TheStig wrote:
Manic Devourer wrote:

No, my point was if he really wants Mullens, he'll draft him regardless of whether Omer comes to play at the end of the year or not. The question is does Paxson really want Mullens, not will Omer play for the Bulls next season. I don't think either is related to the other.
Ah, I see, point withdrawn.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
It's true, a inside source told me Paxson has followed through on that procedure.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
It's true, a inside source told me Paxson has followed through on that procedure.

I find it really hard to believe that the Bulls have made up their mind on any player yet in the draft personally. I could certainly believe they're looking at Mullens, which would be interesting given that he's the exact opposite of their standard profile player.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Asik plays like Joel from Blazers, a more agile version.