Pre Camp Thought of the Day

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
what is the damn obsession with youth? You put the best players on the field. Period .

Williams will be starting. Bank on it.

He's saying he hopes the young LB's are the better players because they were drafted by the Bears, younger players are much less likely to get injured, and young, cost-controlled players allow you to spend more on other positions.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
We've been down his new rookie starting safety road before and it has yet to work out. Vereen only inspires confidence because he's exciting and new, just like Conte was three years ago. It's rather baffling the level of confidence that people have in Vereen.

This is the same situation we've been in nearly every year over the last 10 and yet nothing changes. Where does this high level of confidence that a rookie safety will be competent come from?

Nothing to do with my confidence in Vereen.

Everything to do with my lack of any confidence in Conte.

Best of a bad situation.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
its gonna be conte and Vereen back there

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I think Willie Young will lead the Bears in sacks this season and will post double digit sacks

I know it sounds crazy. I know he does not hav a ton of career sacks, but here me out.

1. He will be playing passing downs opposite Jared Allen, which routinely got Brian Robison 8 sacks.

2. He will get to pass rush a lot with our offense.

3. He will be subbing in for Lamaar Houston a lot. As a former OLmen the worst thing in the world is having a long athletic guy sub in after you have gone 9 rounds with a high effort heavy weight like Houston. Houston will wear OTs down and Young will real the benefits.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think Willie Young will lead the Bears in sacks this season and will post double digit sacks

I know it sounds crazy. I know he does not hav a ton of career sacks, but here me out.

1. He will be playing passing downs opposite Jared Allen, which routinely got Brian Robison 8 sacks.

3. He will be subbing in for Lamaar Houston a lot. As a former OLmen the worst thing in the world is having a long athletic guy sub in after you have gone 9 rounds with a high effort heavy weight like Houston. Houston will wear OTs down and Young will real the benefits.

I don't think he'll get to 10 sacks because he rushed all of last season from the left side against the right tackle and manged only three sacks. As an under weight speed rusher rushing against the right tackle he should be able routinely rack up sacks if he's any good. Young is a good player for your third DE but he's not a dynamic rush threat. There's simply not a lot of explosion to his game as an edge rusher.

Crusher17

Liked Posts:
I don't know much about Young but he will definitely get his chances. If all the other players stay healthy, he could mop up nicely.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
im very excited to see the new line this year I think with the much improved dline and now some experience in our lb core we will see a far better defense this season if cutler can stay healthy and play as good or better than last season the bears could be a real threat

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
also im just as excited to watch the oline in its second season as a unit in the same offense

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I think he will have a Mark Anderson rookie year type season. 10 sacks

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Some of you guys are drinkin' ALOT of kool-aid.

The idea that Young, who played next to Suh and Fairley, is magically going to start producindg huge numbers is kinda laughable. I mean..cmon guys

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I don't think he'll get to 10 sacks because he rushed all of last season from the left side against the right tackle and manged only three sacks. As an under weight speed rusher rushing against the right tackle he should be able routinely rack up sacks if he's any good. Young is a good player for your third DE but he's not a dynamic rush threat. There's simply not a lot of explosion to his game as an edge rusher.
Why people give you shit, Biff, I do not know. I think you speak a lot of logic when you want to. Very insightful and well thought out post. I agree. I don't see him being much, but alas, some do and I'm glad to see some optimism!

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
kili-golden-shower.gif

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Why people give you shit, Biff, I do not know. I think you speak a lot of logic when you want to. Very insightful and well thought out post. I agredon't see him being much, but alas, some do asnd I'm glad to see some optimism!

It's not that he won't be much, I think he'll be what we need him to be which is the third DE. When we signed him a lot of fans on here thought he'd be a high quality starter. After they signed Allen reality sort of set in. We'll see I'd love for him to be so good that we'd move Houston inside.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
I don't mind young, I just don't understand the love affair with some of these guys who never did much in NFL but are gonna come on the Bears and all of a sudden break out.