Predict the Final Cuts

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I don't mind posting a little while watching the 4th pre season game. I love seeing our scrubbs kicking some ass! I like the fact that Lovie rested all of our starters. We have a ton of depth this year and there are some battles going on for a roster spot tonight. I'll start it of with my first cut.

Wooten, he's doggin it on some plays and doing nothing for me. With Collins, Price, there's no way he makes it, imo.
:bearbang:

Last edited by a moderator:

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
I agree on Wooten that guy has had his shot.
I still say Kellen Davis but he's not playing tonight so........And this opinion is my own fandom too so if he stays I wouldn't be surprised.
I think Armando Allen is cut over Booker

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
With two guys who are Defensive tackles.. you list the defensive end will not make the team?

Wootton had good plays in the run game, and a bit of a few plays but Chancey Davis did nothing. I think Wootton makes the team over Davis easily.

I think Armando makes it over booker.

I think Frey makes the roster but Greg McCoy doesn't.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
With two guys who are Defensive tackles.. you list the defensive end will not make the team?

Wootton had good plays in the run game, and a bit of a few plays but Chancey Davis did nothing. I think Wootton makes the team over Davis easily.

I think Armando makes it over booker.

I think Frey makes the roster but Greg McCoy doesn't.

Well tell you what.......
I said Decicco was gone and you I had a good talk about that

So now I am saying Davis makes it. Booker makes it and I agree that Frey makes it.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Which one was the 7th round pick?

I think Frey was picked first, McCoy was the 7th rounder.

If anyone of the starting line of this 4th game makes it, I think Ricky Hendry could. Not sold yet on either of those tackles but if they want to keep James Brown, I think it has to be on the 53. (Assuming Edwin is already a lock as the #2 center)

Lol I was wrong on Dom. You didn't say he was gone, you said done which is pretty offensive as I saw it. The injury was worse than lead to believe though.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Chancey Davis and Woot there it is. I think Sausagebacon is getting cut.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
cut them all. Davis stays

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
Allen is staying... Sanzenbacher is staying... Wooten is cut... McCoy is cut... Golden is cut...

Bear Pride

Bears Gonna Shock the World!
Liked Posts:
I still say Kellen Davis but he's not playing tonight so........And this opinion is my own fandom too so if he stays I wouldn't be surprised.
Yeah, it's weird about Davis. I haven't seen anything on him, it seems like he hasn't played much? Did he have an injury? If so, I could see him cut to free up a spot unless we can hide him on the DL for a bit while we work things out.

I think Allen or Booker can make the team based on how their playing, but I', going with Allen being cut and being added to the PS because Booker doesn't qualify for the PS.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Looking more like Booker is making it... Could be interesting if they keep Cheta but with him basically being a pass rusher/McCellin may bump him out.. which may be a bad thing.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
I don't mind posting a little while watching the 4th pre season game. I love seeing our scrubbs kicking some ass! I like the fact that Lovie rested all of our starters. We have a ton of depth this year and there are some battles going on for a roster spot tonight. I'll start it of with my first cut.

Wooten, he's doggin it on some plays and doing nothing for me. With Collins, Price, there's no way he makes it, imo.
:bearbang:

Wooten plays a different position...

Davis is guaranteed the starting job. He just signed a multi year contract. He is not going anywhere.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
You can cut a guy with a multi year contract.

It looks like Spaeth may be out more than Davis though. I don't think Kyle Adams is gonna be seen as worthy to start at TE, so they would have no legit experienced "two wayish" TE if Davis is cut.

schizm032003

Liked Posts:
Allen & Booker are similar type players. Allens more of a between the tackles runner than Booker, but Booker is a superior player on special teams. Bookers return ability, is a greater advantage than Allens is in the running department, so Booker wins out, imo. I also think Wootton makes it over Davis. I think Frey made the team before tonight. McCoy is a nice talent though, & id like to see us find a way to keep him. I think Price makes it, & I hope we don't cut James Brown. He's young, talented, & imo, has a really good future. I think he outplayed all the other tackles on our roster at times this offseason.

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
You can cut a guy with a multi year contract.

It looks like Spaeth may be out more than Davis though. I don't think Kyle Adams is gonna be seen as worthy to start at TE, so they would have no legit experienced "two wayish" TE if Davis is cut.

You think the Bears are going to consider cutting Davis after signing a multi year deal with three million dollars a season?

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
You think the Bears are going to consider cutting Davis after signing a multi year deal with three million dollars a season?

If the deal isn't guaranteed..it doesnt matter.

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Looking more like Booker is making it... Could be interesting if they keep Cheta but with him basically being a pass rusher/McCellin may bump him out.. which may be a bad thing.

Someones gotta play when McClellin can't