rasvan and the state of the fire

diavolos

Liked Posts:
went to both the previous wednesday and saturday games. got to see about an hour of cocis in action. i think he'll be a good player for the fire. made several good defensive plays taking the ball away from the crew. also seemed to be able to find magee more consistently than the other players on the team. i liked how he moved into the attacking zone from his wide-right position on saturday, instead of how yallop had lined him up more centrally on wednesday. he had a good chance to win the game late, but control was an issue in the box. all-in-all, i thought he showed good quality and should now feature regularly for the team.

i don't know what to think of this team any longer. the crew had several opportunities to win the game and probably should have. the fire had a couple good chances late in the half, but their attack seems half-assed, to put it mildly. they give the ball away way too easily. the defense looks tight then just falls apart and either lets in a ton of goals. or they let just one goal in to tie that should've never been scored to begin with.

sad state of affairs. sure, better then 13 losses. but i think playoffs are a pipe dream.