Should Bears be worried about depth on offense

Boochee Man

Liked Posts:
I'd worry about the depth at the QB spot obviously. Jay is known to be soft and to go down faster than a whore on a Saturday night. Who is the next Josh McCown?

Josh McCown should be the reason why the depth at QB shouldn't be a cause for concern. McCown was a horrid QB before Trestman came around.

10veitout

Liked Posts:
Josh McCown should be the reason why the depth at QB shouldn't be a cause for concern. McCown was a horrid QB before Trestman came around.

If this is the case, then you would be better off benching Cutler and playing the backup.

Anytime you starting QB goes down, it is bad. The Bears have had a couple anomalies with their backup actually improving the level of play over Cutler (Hanie in the NFCCG, McCown last year), but this is not to be expected by any means.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
If this is the case, then you would be better off benching Cutler and playing the backup.

Anytime you starting QB goes down, it is bad. The Bears have had a couple anomalies with their backup actually improving the level of play over Cutler (Hanie in the NFCCG, McCown last year), but this is not to be expected by any means.

Just like your conception wasnt expected by any means, by yo daddy.

Ps: yo dad might be hbkrusso.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
This was exactly the reason I didn't mention qb. You are "almost" never going to have real success against top teir nfl competition if your qb goes down abd you are relying on your backup.

I am curious as to how many superbowls (or even nfc/afc championship games) were won with the starting qb being on the bench.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk 2

Phil Simms was on the bench when the Giants won the Super Bowl in the 1990 season (the Wide Right game). Unitas was also injured most of the 1968 season and the Colts still managed to make it to Super Bowl III before being upset by the Jets. It has happened and those probably aren't the only times.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:

The point wasn't that the backup WILL be better than Cutler if he gets hurt. The point is that the backup QB should be able to come in and at the very least keep the team afloat because of Trestman.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
QB, TE and OT are big ??? for fill ins.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
McCown was a nobody before last year too so to say you had more faith in him than the current "nobodies" is revisionist history.
Nope...my faith that McCown would be fine was based on the game he started in Green Bay when we finally gave up on Hanie at the end of Martz's rein.

....you know...the game that looked like the only Bear that was trying to win that game was Josh McCown.

When we brought him back and everyone said we had no one behind Cutler...I defended Josh, saying he would be fine.

I never imagined the results he did have, but I had faith Josh would not be the abortion Hanie was.

I have less faith in the lack of NFL snaps Palmer has had and never had any faith in anyone coming out of Notre Dame...I'll admit a prejudice there.

AHSIllini32

Liked Posts:
Nope...my faith that McCown would be fine was based on the game he started in Green Bay when we finally gave up on Hanie at the end of Martz's rein.

....you know...the game that looked like the only Bear that was trying to win that game was Josh McCown.

When we brought him back and everyone said we had no one behind Cutler...I defended Josh, saying he would be fine.

I never imagined the results he did have, but I had faith Josh would not be the abortion Hanie was.

I have less faith in the lack of NFL snaps Palmer has had and never had any faith in anyone coming out of Notre Dame...I'll admit a prejudice there.

In 2011? The game where he went 19-28 for 242 with 1 td and 2 ints for a 76.8 passer rating? That game gave you enough confidence in him being Cutler's backup especially when it was from two years ago?

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Oh boy

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
In 2011? The game where he went 19-28 for 242 with 1 td and 2 ints for a 76.8 passer rating? That game gave you enough confidence in him being Cutler's backup especially when it was from two years ago?
That's the one.

Granted this was after watching the dynamic duo of Hanie and Collins...so my expectations were horrifically low, but I did remember how everyone on our team phoned that one except for the journeyman at QB.

It was not a very logical argument, but it worked out.

sikesy7

martymcflyyyy
Donator
Liked Posts:
every team should be worried about depth. one bad injury to a star player on any team hurts

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
its possible hehateme has his momma spent any time on the east coast 19 years ago?