Stanley Cup Final: Game 5 Preview

N3

Liked Posts:
Will the collective fan base of the Chicago Blackhawks please step away from the ledge? While the Hawks have not looked their best in the last two games they still hold home ice advantage, and you can guarantee Joel Quennville is working overtime trying to figure out a way to get his top line going. This is the first time in these playoffs that the team has actually been challenged, and if the regular season was any indicator they will rise up to the challenge.

Now what can we expect from Coach Q? Line Juggling, and more line juggling. Now the question becomes who goes where? If the reports floating around twitter and the web are any indicator, Andrew Ladd could move to the first line replacing Patrick Kane would would shuffle down to the third line. This would split up the Hawks two best scores, forcing Philly to construct a game plan to stop both of them. Another possibility would be to move Hossa up to the first line, and send Kane down to the second line. Hossa has the ability to win the board battles and possibly keep the Flyers D from focusing in on Byfuglien and Toews. You can guarantee that whatveer Q comes up with, it will add a spark to the offense.

With the line juggling going on Chicago has to bring the intensity and determination they brought in the last 10 minutes of Game 4. They kept it simple and forced Philadelphia to play their type of game. If it was not for that third period this blog would be more about next year than Game 5. It seemed like something finally clicked inside the Hawks and they realized that they must turn it up. Whatever was said, or whatever the Hawks figured out they must carry it over to tomorrow's game.

Probably the biggest factor going into this game is penalties. The Blackhawks have lost their composure on numerous occasions, and with inconsistent ref's they simply can not take these penalties. The good news that came out of Game 4, was that while they took penalties they were also able to kill them off with ease. The Hawks must put it out of their heads that Philly is not getting called for the same things they are, and just go out and play their game.

BHOD Three Keys to the Game:

Passing: Chicago's passing has been anything but crisp in the last 4 games. They have to improve their passing to gain the zone and to also get the puck out of their own zone. The Hawks must get back to their tape to tape passing, and get rid of the drop passing that they have implored in the last few games.

Pucks on net: We saw in the 3rd period that all you have to do is throw a puck at the net, and good things will happen. It doesn't matter if its a clear shot, or a easy shot Chicago must make Leighton sweat. Philadelphia has done this all series and it has paid dividends, as you saw on the game winner in game 4.

Aggression: Jump on them early, and hit them hard. Chicago has to come out with an intensity that we have not yet seen from them in this series. To go back on what I said earlier, they have to repeat their 3rd period performance in order to have any chance at winning the cup. The Hawks have to know by now that they will not beat the Flyers on just skill alone, they have to play with some fire.

A must win for Chicago.

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
a must win for either team. going to be a crazy fucking game!!!! cant wait. biggest game of the year, and we should win if tbo and whitesoxkid post with me in the IGT.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Pucks on net: We saw in the 3rd period that all you have to do is throw a puck at the net, and good things will happen. It doesn't matter if its a clear shot, or a easy shot Chicago must make Leighton sweat. Philadelphia has done this all series and it has paid dividends, as you saw on the game winner in game 4.

Aggression: Jump on them early, and hit them hard. Chicago has to come out with an intensity that we have not yet seen from them in this series. To go back on what I said earlier, they have to repeat their 3rd period performance in order to have any chance at winning the cup. The Hawks have to know by now that they will not beat the Flyers on just skill alone, they have to play with some fire.

yes and hell yes on these 2 points

agree with dero...must win for both teams

yes, we will be there dero

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
yes and hell yes on these 2 points

agree with dero...must win for both teams

yes, we will be there dero

good you fucking cunts ruined the last two games.

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
hey! that was the refs you son of a bitch! lol

i really hope people know we are friends because sometimes it actually looks like we are fighting each other

derosabomb

Joecawks is a dope
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
hey! that was the refs you son of a bitch! lol

i really hope people know we are friends because sometimes it actually looks like we are fighting each other

were friends?? i thought we were fighting each other. :smoke:

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
god damnit :shifty:

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
whoever wins this game will win the whole thing imo.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
whoever wins this game will win the whole thing imo.

Not ready to say that...I think both teams have capabilities to win two straight at this juncture, whether it's the first two or the 2nd two.

JCM

CCS Mod
Liked Posts:
we will win this mofo.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
Not ready to say that...I think both teams have capabilities to win two straight at this juncture, whether it's the first two or the 2nd two.

if we lose our 3rd straight and have to go back to Philly for Game 6, I am not confident at all we can win that.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
if we lose our 3rd straight and have to go back to Philly for Game 6, I am not confident at all we can win that.

All depends on which team shows up and what does and doesn't get called.

chrisjuniper

Liked Posts:
we won't lose in chicago. i dont expect any team this series to lose a home game by the looks of it.

big10commish

Liked Posts:
I am ready for this. I've already started drinking for this. The Hawks need to come out and set the tone early because I've had enough of this garbage. 4 very intense games and tonight is a "swing game" because the winner tonight has all the momentum. Not ready to concede anything to the winner tonight, but it will be a huge advantage. I want to see flyers broken in half tonight! LETS GO HAWKS!

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
it will be a close game, but i think the best of the blackhawks will be shown tonight

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
So pumped for this. Easily the biggest game of my life as a Hawks fan.

I agree with the earlier comments that we need to jump on them early and often. Get a few quick goals and then starting laying out bodies all over the ice.

If you're lucky enough to go, you better not leave with a voice.

LET'S GO HAWKS!!!

Chicago4Ever

Liked Posts:

I'll never count out these Hawks, even if they lose tonight, I would still have faith.