Step Aside, Genius at Work

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So, we declined from the #2 overall scoring offense in the NFL just 2 years ago to a pathetic 23rd ranked offense last year - and have lost Forte and Bennett. Oh, and our OC bailed on us.

On the other side of the ball, we have one of the best DC's in the NFL who helped our D ascend from 31st in the NFL to 20 last year.

Meanwhile, our biggest signings in FA were on D, and so far, we've drafted 1 offensive player - an undersized project Guard.

Pace and Fox clearly seem to really care about the O...

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
So, we declined from the #2 overall scoring offense in the NFL just 2 years ago to a pathetic 23rd ranked offense last year - and have lost Forte and Bennett. Oh, and our OC bailed on us.

On the other side of the ball, we have one of the best DC's in the NFL who helped our D ascend from 31st in the NFL to 20 last year.

Meanwhile, our biggest signings in FA were on D, and so far, we've drafted 1 offensive player - an undersized project Guard.

You and the egg clown should get a room.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
So, we declined from the #2 overall scoring offense in the NFL just 2 years ago to a pathetic 23rd ranked offense last year - and have lost Forte and Bennett. Oh, and our OC got a head coaching gig.

fify

If you fail to see the difference between Emery/Trestman and Pace/Fox......god help you

MontanaBear

Liked Posts:

I am sure that is all you care about too. Big black ones.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I said a few weeks ago that with not replacing the lost offensive stars and not upgrading the QB position, the Bears 2016 offense will be top 5 in 3-and-outs, if they don't lead the league.

While the defense looks interesting, I stand by that prediction.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
So we have one of the best DCs in the NFL, by your own admission, who took a bunch of nobodies and made them appear to be the middle of the pack. Then our GM goes out and drafts a bunch of fresh talent for him to further improve our defensive unit... and you are complaining?

Seems like a good idea to give Fangio, who clearly know's what he is doing, all the firepower he so desires.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
If you think the Vikings won the division on their offensive merits you need to re-evaluate....there are many ways to win a division.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I said a few weeks ago that with not replacing the lost offensive stars and not upgrading the QB position, the Bears 2016 offense will be top 5 in 3-and-outs, if they don't lead the league.

The Broncos were top 5 in three and outs last year and the Bears were middle of the pack.....I'll take that bet and I don't think it will matter if the defense becomes dominate.

Alterego

Master Debater
Donator
Liked Posts:

do you wake up in the morning and just start whining or do you have to work yourself up to it? I'm just wondering if it's natural or forced.....either way it's pretty damned annoying

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
So we have one of the best DCs in the NFL, by your own admission, who took a bunch of nobodies and made them appear to be the middle of the pack. Then our GM goes out and drafts a bunch of fresh talent for him to further improve our defensive unit... and you are complaining?

Seems like a good idea to give Fangio, who clearly know's what he is doing, all the firepower he so desires.

Sure. Give him the firepower to build a great D. Meanwhile, he's shitcanning the O.

just wondering why we can't seem to find a HC/GM combo that is interested in developing and building both sides of the ball. Aren't you?

Mongo_76

Liked Posts:
fify

If you fail to see the difference between Emery/Trestman and Pace/Fox......god help you

I obviously see the difference. E/T could give 2 shits about the D. P/F could give 2 shits about the O.

Xuder O'Clam

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

I love you mick, but predictions are not your forte. lol

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Broncos were top 5 in three and outs last year and the Bears were middle of the pack.....I'll take that bet and I don't think it will matter if the defense becomes dominate.

Sooner or later people need to stop with the Broncos comparisons. That defense was one of the best in NFL history featuring two HOF pass rushers. We are not going to have anything on the same planet as that level of defense. The copy-cat mentality is so overblown it's ridiculous. Ever year the narrative on this board seems to be to try and emulate the team that won the SB the previous year.

The defense should be solid this year and if they put their resources into the offensive side in 2017, things could get interesting.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

Lmfao I am so bumping this thread and post next season.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:
Sooner or later people need to stop with the Broncos comparisons. That defense was one of the best in NFL history featuring two HOF pass rushers. We are not going to have anything on the same planet as that level of defense. The copy-cat mentality is so overblown it's ridiculous. Ever year the narrative on this board seems to be to try and emulate the team that won the SB the previous year.

The defense should be solid this year and if they put their resources into the offensive side in 2017, things could get interesting.

2016 will be interesting, Mick. You gotta be shitting me.

The Bears expect to compete this next season. Hence they shored up on the weakness last year,
Playmakers on defense. The Bears will make the playoffs.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Why are you posting as if you're expecting this team to compete for a playoff spot?

Washington

Liked Posts:
Mongo, he did take a WR at #7 last year when everyone thought he'd be taking D. Of course, he created this opening when he gave away the best WR to ever wear a Bears uniform, a player who had 1500 yards and 14 TDs last year. But, he spent the high pick on a WR and then our 3rd on a center followed by an OT in the 7th. So, 3/5ths of the picks went to O. He has not replaced the production we lost at RB and TE this offseason.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
If you can describe Whtehair as "undersized" or a "project guard", it is clear you have an agenda, and truth and objectivity have no place in your thought process.

Wanting more offensive players drafted is one thing. Making shit up is quite another.