TGDT 1/27 - Red Wings (2-2-0) @ (5-0-0) Blackhawks 6:00PM CSN

R K

If you would have told me during the summer that this team would start off 6-0-0, have the 8th best power play, 2nd best penalty kill, 4th in goals per game, 7th best goals against average, lead the NHL in points, and have a 7 point lead over 8th place I'd take it any year. The only other team that comes close to that stat line is the Sharks, only their PK is 17th overall.

You'd have also told him he was cracked.

PatrickShart

Liked Posts:
If you would have told me during the summer that this team would start off 6-0-0, have the 8th best power play, 2nd best penalty kill, 4th in goals per game, 7th best goals against average, lead the NHL in points, and have a 7 point lead over 8th place I'd take it any year. The only other team that comes close to that stat line is the Sharks, only their PK is 17th overall.

What about...5-0-1...with 9th pp, 3rd pk, 5th gpg, 8th gaa....with a 6pt lead?

Samurai

Ridiculum Anserini
Liked Posts:
You'd have also told him he was cracked.

Perfect!! I hate using an image only once.

Nutshell_1.gif

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ya know, I have to say that I'm liking what I'm seeing from the team in spite of some deficiencies (which, let's be honest, no team is perfect).

Against Dallas, Crawford has issues with his 5-hole. Since then, no big issues with said 5-hole. It's like the team sees where it has a deficiency and then tries to rectify it. As gassed as this team was, it found a way to win and really, hasn't looked that bad.

The 6-0-0 start makes this sweeter.

I think right now we make no real tweaks: Keep the lines as they are. with only minor tweaks like swapping Brookbank & Rosival in Slot-6 as needed (either takes pressure off Leddy who's been monster), and maybe rotating Mayers out. Everyone else looks sharp and we don't ant to mess with the chemistry.

2 real tests up ahead: (1) our 1st loss and how we rebound as a team, and (2) how we fare against the likes of SJ, who is as on fire as we are.

With how we've been playing, we shouldn't have a problem with either.

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone find out wtf Franzens deal was? Was it just a horrible sell job of embellishment?

chasman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
i think he had gas pains..he thought..but he shit his pants

bierboy

Liked Posts:
Anyone find out wtf Franzens deal was? Was it just a horrible sell job of embellishment?

Actually Bolland nailed him, but it was difficult to see in the multiple replays. My eagle-eyed son spotted it. But it definitely was embellished...

bierboy

Liked Posts:
...Against Dallas, Crawford has issues with his 5-hole. Since then, no big issues with said 5-hole....

Ah....um....he was beaten 5-hole last night on Franzen's goal...

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

*Big* issues. He made pleny of 5-hole saves since he let the bad one in and Keith bailed out the other one.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
*Big* issues. He made pleny of 5-hole saves since he let the bad one in and Keith bailed out the other one.

I'm not arguing that; he's been excellent. But the fact is, the one goal he allowed was five-hole...and, if you look at the replay, it was WIDE open. When he improves that, he'll inch closer to becoming a more consistent netminder...

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

ah...um...he was scrambling after the puck deflected off of Keith's skate. It wasn't like he knew Franzen had the puck and offered him a big, gaping beaver shot.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not arguing that; he's been excellent. But the fact is, the one goal he allowed was five-hole...and, if you look at the replay, it was WIDE open. When he improves that, he'll inch closer to becoming a more consistent netminder...

The way I see it is this: One night he lets 1 very very weak 5-hole shot get past him for a goal, and another time another puck squirts through his 5-hole where his D-man bails him out.

Since then, he's made plenty of 5-hole saves, but lets one in on a point-blank deflected shot.

That's improvement in my book--same with the wandering issue. One game he goes questing, next game he has the bungee cord on (to Quote Olczyk). Both that and watching some of the skaters go from turning the puck over to keeping the thing on a string shows that they're learning and adapting, rather than a Wile. E. Coyote exercize in futility like last year.

All in all I won't herald Crawford as the second coming of Roy, but I like what I see; an improvement from last year, continuing improvement and adaptation game-to-game, and some chemistry with the D. I think that's all any of us could have asked for coming into this season.

bierboy

Liked Posts:
...I won't herald Crawford as the second coming of Roy, but I like what I see; an improvement from last year, continuing improvement and adaptation game-to-game, and some chemistry with the D. I think that's all any of us could have asked for coming into this season.

And, to this, I can agree. As I posted above -- he's been excellent in my book. Hoping he keeps it up, and, with our improved PK and (hopefully) improving #s 7 & 2, that will bode well....

Variable

Liked Posts:
Damn, after that game the pk is still second? Have to be damn near 98 percent.

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, after that game the pk is still second? Have to be damn near 98 percent.

Boston. They've only played 4 games and stopped all 17 chances to the Hawks 1 goal in 23.