The Closing Bell: Closer Issues?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Reports all day today stated that jenks was the closer and that ozzie would throw him right back out there. So to close the game today was JJ. Do we have a bit of closer controversy here? Was Jenks claimed on waivers? Time will tell.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
according to cowley he has a bad back.

hmmm

Bizness82

Liked Posts:
Closing Committe

On Saturday night the Chicago White Sox defeated the Oakland Athletics 4-2. Gavin Floyd had another great outing and JJ Putz closed out the game. Wait JJ Putz closed out the game?

Manager Ozzie Guillen chose to go with Putz in the 9th over resident closer Bobby Jenks. Guillen stated that Jenks was held out of the game due to back stiffness.

But maybe there is more to it. After Thursday’s blown save Guillen said, “You know what? Ask Bobby what he wants to do. I don’t know. I don’t say we’ve lost confidence, but when your closer gives up one run (that’s acceptable).

“The last three times he blew the game, he gave up three or four runs. Right now, I don’t know yet. Like I keep saying, when Bobby’s the closer, our bullpen is better. But right now, I’ve got to wait and see what I’m going to do for next couple of days.”

Then after Saturday’s game Guillen said, “Bobby’s got a bad back the way Bobby’s been throwing, we’ve got options out there. We have to wait to put Bobby back in the closer rotation.”

Closing Committee

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Merged

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
from what i read jenks has to be healthy to close and has to prove himself again.

Crooked Vulture

Liked Posts:
Great, we have been waiting all season for him to finally be ready to pitch.
I will believe it when i see it (i think he is horsebleep)

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
We need more bullpen arms in the off season. Santos, Putz and Thornton have been solid all season but over worked in the second half.

And please just DFA Linebrink