The Lovie Smith Thread

sewerbear

Liked Posts:
When did I say anything about black or white, I said a HC that is AWAKE, one that can make in game changes, one that can light a fire under someones ass. I never said anything about spitting or about a mustache. Maybe you have been hitting the NightQuill

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I mentioned race b/c there is NO OTHER other comparison to be made b/w them other than that.

Lovie is far and away a more accomplished head coach then Marvin Lewis. Marvin Lewis is an AWFUL head coach. Just b/c you want to discount facts doesn't make them less factual....

BEARS

Seriously, where do you get this nonsense? You say some of the stupidest shit. I've already said Lovie is better than Marvin Lewis, and I never was using the comparison to say Lovie and Lewis are comparable. I was pointing out his lack of success in getting to the playoffs and used Marvin Lewis to show that Lovie's tenure in terms of playoff appearances has been a failure thus far. THAT'S IT. THE COMPARISON ENDED THERE. I'd never trade Lovie Smith for Marvin Lewis.

Last edited:

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Yeah..I want to say that was when Hillenmeyer went out with an injury and they put Roach there. I dont think the defense got a stop all game...The Arizona game was similar that year except I think they got a stop sometime in the 3rd.

There are two reasons those were the two big games the Bears got run all over.. nobody really seems to acknowledge but it's obviously especially if you re-watch them.. What is it that connects those two games personnel wise? No Tommie Harris, at least after the 1st drive in Arizona when he got kicked out of the game for throwing a punch. Harris was suspended for the Bengals game for missing his rehab time.

Harris did suck still at his job to rush the passer at 09 but even when Harris was hobbled he was still able to penetrate those run plays and make a big impact. When he was out and replaced by whoever it was, it was open push and running for those teams.

The two games Hunter was out were not those games. The 1st was the game they scored big on against the Lions. The 2nd was the Atlanta game.. It might of been costly there, but I don't remember the game that much.

casinnova

Liked Posts:
I'm reading some of the postings in this thread and I am in disbelief. I can appreciate a difference of opinion, but at least know the basics, people. Lovie brings in assistants who have been HC's in the NFL like Martz, Tice, and Marinelli..."look at the garbage he brings in". Lovie wins COY in 2005..."Lovie would never win COY".

I assumed there were lower postings standards on something generic like a team message board, but this is ridiculous.

LOL. The worst was when he was too scared to challenge Cutler's TD against washington because he had challenged a few plays before and lost. A few times Urlacher has been seen screaming at the sidelines to no avail. It's hard to say what would have happened with a different (better) coach, BUT I believe the Bears would have won at least 1 SB if not more in the time Lovie has been with us.

Giant Panda

Liked Posts:
Lovie Dovie Smith is here 4 life. He even chose the right GM for the team in Emery.

Lovie-Smith-Moustache.jpg

RacerX

Silicon Valley CA Bears H
Liked Posts:
Technically #2 is the only thing that falls on Lovie...everything else is just fluff.

Thank you for your most-interesting perspective. Humor me, please, with your logic.
1. According to you, "technically" Lovie is not responsible for hiring garbage assistants and coaches. It is my belief and understanding that one of the greatest measures of a Manager is the team he assembles. Set me straight....
3. a HC with zero involvement in the Offense is just fluff? I though the "H" in HC represented Head, as in Head Coach and responsible for Offense, Defense, and SP. Explain why the Offense is fluff for our HC.
4. No one wanted any part of Lovie when he was last on the bubble, that seems factual to me and less than fluffy.

RacerX

Liked Posts:
I coined the phrase on CBMB, and I will continue that phrase on this site...

IT'S ANGELO!!!! IT WAS ALWAYS ANGELO.

BFUs still have trouble comprehending that...lol.....

BEARS

Those problems are not mutually exclusive. JA was the primary culprit, and Love also blows.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Thank you for your most-interesting perspective. Humor me, please, with your logic.
1. According to you, "technically" Lovie is not responsible for hiring garbage assistants and coaches. It is my belief and understanding that one of the greatest measures of a Manager is the team he assembles. Set me straight....
3. a HC with zero involvement in the Offense is just fluff? I though the "H" in HC represented Head, as in Head Coach and responsible for Offense, Defense, and SP. Explain why the Offense is fluff for our HC.
4. No one wanted any part of Lovie when he was last on the bubble, that seems factual to me and less than fluffy.

No people just don't believe that coaches who were highly respected position coaches who failed a head coaches are GARBAGE coaches.
Also, when you tell your OC to adjust his playcalling, it's kind of obvious that it is taking part in the offense.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
How could I humor you with my logic when your logic sucks dick?

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Those problems are not mutually exclusive. JA was the primary culprit, and Love also blows.

Fair point.

My issue is that on CBMB, you would see threads like this on a daily basis. No "fire Angelo" or "Angelo sucks" threads. I stated this for years on that board that Ange"loof" was the biggest problem. I feel that him being let go and Lovie being retained, as well as as seeing the DIFFERENCE in the talent we have acquired this offseason, as opposed to Angelo, proved where the problem was....

BEARS

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I definitely agree with that.

My issue is that on CBMB, you would see threads like this on a daily basis. No "fire Angelo" or "Angelo sucks" threads. I stated this for years on that board that Ange"loof" was the biggest problem. I feel that him being let go and Lovie being retained, as well as as seeing the DIFFERENCE in the talent we have acquired this offseason, as opposed to Angelo, proved where the problem was....

BEARS

Are you kidding? There was plenty of "fire Angelo" talk, and more than a few threads on the subject.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Are you kidding? There was plenty of "fire Angelo" talk, and more than a few threads on the subject.

Nope. Serious...

Daily "fire Lovie" threads from Rss34. NavyandOrange with his daily I hate Lovie threads, Billwade, Unclemeatball(leader of the BFU), Eggpants. There are plenty of examples...

BEARS

RacerX

Liked Posts:
How could I humor you with my logic when your logic sucks dick?

Yeah, I'm new to this board but it didn't take long for me to find you: the resident Village Idiot, one with diminished capacity and an inability to engage in a normalized debate.

Of course, rather than address any logic in the thread, much easier for you - the fool - to gloss over all my points and just resort to feeble-minded dick-suck references. I'm fairly sure you are a prominent, successful, and productive member of our society, and certainly one with advanced collegiate degrees.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Nope. Serious...

Daily "fire Lovie" threads from Rss34. NavyandOrange with his daily I hate Lovie threads, Billwade, Unclemeatball(leader of the BFU), Eggpants. There are plenty of examples...

BEARS

So a few vocal people making their feelings known about Lovie meant no one talked about Angelo? Many people didn't like both, and plenty of people, even some that harped about Lovie, also wanted Angelo fired. It wasn't one or the other like you're claiming.

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Yeah, I'm new to this board but it didn't take long for me to find you: the resident Village Idiot, one with diminished capacity and an inability to engage in a normalized debate.

Of course, rather than address any logic in the thread, much easier for you - the fool - to gloss over all my points and just resort to feeble-minded dick-suck references. I'm fairly sure you are a prominent, successful, and productive member of our society, and certainly one with advanced collegiate degrees.

"Your" logic

:lmao:

I'm surprised that you even further expounded on reasons 1,3,4...making yourself looking even more like a meatball idiot