The offense is an absolute mess

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Everyone looks lost. I know it takes a while to master a new playbook but with a whole spring and summer of OTAs and camp, it shouldn't be as shambolic as that.

The OL is completely disorganized. Massie is a liability and Whitehair should not be snapping balls in the NFL. If after all this time he's still botching shotgun snaps he needs to go to guard, even if they like him a little better at center. Daniels is clearly the best option, so get him in there and get him learning, so that at least a few games in, they might have a cohesive, functioning line.

Kevin White is useless. He's been out too long and he simply isn't a professional standard WR at this point.

Trubisky looks like he has absolutely no idea what's going on. Again, new system, don't expect everything to be a well oiled machine, but it's not like they got this playbook last week. He shouldn't be this lost. And he's still a complete meltdown in the face of pressure. I don't know if that's something you can coach, but he doesn't look like a starting caliber QB right now.

Camp ends this weekend and there isn't enough time before the season opener to get this much of a shitshow up to speed enough to beat GB. I would put our chances of winning that game at less than 10%.

I don't see any reason to expect more than a few wins this year.

Liked Posts:
Let's see, Howard didn't play, Cohen didn't play, and Allen Robinson didn't play. That's likely over half of our offensive production that didn't play. Until they play I'm not sure you can call them a mess.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Let's see, Howard didn't play, Cohen didn't play, and Allen Robinson didn't play. That's likely over half of our offensive production that didn't play. Until they play I'm not sure you can call them a mess.
Their presence isn't going to make the line and the QB suddenly know what they're doing. Good players can only do so much in a shambles of an offense. Howard up the gut every play isn't going to win games.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I remember when Mick used to be the level-headed voice of reason.

What, specifically, is wrong about what I said? Even Sugarwalls is agreeing, and he never agrees with me.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
latest

KoreanBear

Liked Posts:
They did look like shit. There is no denying that lol

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

For the past decade, this place and the CBMB have always reverted to "but such and such didnt play and vanilla playbook and new system...blah blah blah and all will gel in the regular season".

I am not hitting a panic button and calling anyone a bust (except for white. dude is done.) but roster decisions are made in these games. Despite the lack of many starting players in there, the line is still being judged and they are absolutely coming up short.

I dont give a rats ass about wins or losses, but it does become concerning to see everyone look like they are in over their heads.

BearDown1

Liked Posts:
If the Bears look this bad 4 or 5 games into the regular season I'll join the freak out brigade. To freak out out now is fucking comical.... but to be expected unfortunately. Carry on.

:drama:

So much this ^

Just stop watching preseason if you are going to be like this with 2 offensive series in a brand new offense.

Can also blame Kevin White for not keeping that first drive going. Mitch timed that throw perfectly and hit him right in the hands. He flat out dropped it.

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
Oh yes, the annual preseason "sky is falling" threads. How I've missed them.

It was never likely that we'd be getting a winning season this time around, but we're not going to look like an absolute shit show. It was two drives in the first preseason game, relax.

Saying 3-13 means we are worse now than under Fox/Loggains. That's just not reasonable.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
It's the curse of the 'holdout'. little pendejos get triggered after a few rough experimental vanilla drives. But if they had a few good drives..this place would also be a gong show.