The Walking Dead

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think the merge idea goes out the window with TWD now being six years ahead of FTWD.

The time gap actually gives FTWD new life IMO as it can hint at storylines just glossed over in TWD and tie-in the Rick Grimes movies.
I don't think anyone knows what point in time either show is at actually. FTWD had their time jump before TWD. Even if 1 or more time jumps either way are required to line them both up, I don't think that would be a problem.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
"Last year, The Walking Dead TV show had another huge ratings drop, yet it still finished as AMC’s most-watched TV series by a huge margin. "

https://tvseriesfinale.com/tv-show/walking-dead-season-nine-ratings/

That's what they do in Hollywood, milk their most successful project for every last penny. The fact that ratings are way off from when it the the #1 show on television has nothing to do with the fact that it still makes money.

Entertainment executives: "this show has run it's course, lets do the right thing and end it now leaving a bunch of cash on the table, or we could ride this into the ground with spinoffs and wring every last penny out of this franchise, let's do that."

I only started watching both last year, but I gotta say I liked this past season of FTWD better than any of the others due to the new characters.

John and Al are the 2 most interesting they have had by far.
Strand could be cool- I actually thought given his "me first" attitude and knack for manipulation, he could have developed in to a Negan type character pretty easily. I honestly thought that was the route they would take with him.

Travis was cool, but he seemed to be a remix of morgan. Nick is a chode and I am glad they wasted him.

...I still think the door is open to bring back Madison as well as the Hispanic father..forgot his name. They were both "off screen deaths" and that just reeks of surprise return.
If they dont bring either back, they handled their deaths like shit.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I only started watching both last year, but I gotta say I liked this past season of FTWD better than any of the others due to the new characters.

Strand could be cool- I actually thought given his "me first" attitude and knack for manipulation, he could have developed in to a Negan type character pretty easily. I honestly thought that was the route they would take with him.

Travis was cool, but he seemed to be a remix of morgan. Nick is a chode and I am glad they wasted him.

...I still think the door is open to bring back Madison as well as the Hispanic father..forgot his name. They were both "off screen deaths" and that just reeks of surprise return.

I watched the first two seasons of FTWD then stopped, I'm told it's gotten better. Too little too late for me, I have no interest in seeing any more of that. I'll give them a couple hours for the Rick movie but no more series.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
The first few seasons blew ass. But I suppose I will keep watching until the 2 new interesting characters die.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:

They have brought back the hispanic father if you're referring to Daniel Salazar. Didn't like Madison at all in the beginning but she grows on ya.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Yeah- daniel.
He came back at the damn and then if I remember right they didn't show him die when they blew it up.
It would be cool to see him come back as a warlord type.

After all the times Glenn was portrayed as done for, he kept coming back. Makes me skeptical about every off screen death in that world.

I remember being like "holy shit they finally got him" when nick shot himself and they fell off the dumpster. There is Glenn with a look of horror as fresh guts are being yanked out..... then you find out later it was nicks.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You would think these type of shows would do more justice to the shtf preppers of the world. Give them a justification from fiction for their existence lol

But seriously you would think the preppers of the world would own these shows or be more significant. Fear at least introduced a society like that

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You would think these type of shows would do more justice to the shtf preppers of the world. Give them a justification from fiction for their existence lol

But seriously you would think the preppers of the world would own these shows or be more significant. Fear at least introduced a society like that

The compound on FTWD was a prepper outpost. It was ruined by crazy.
Other people had mentioned banding together with preppers and staying with them till supplies ran out.

once the food and water goes, a determined person can wait them out and pick them off when they leave their bunker.

I imagine there were a ton of preppers living well for a couple years in that world before they run out of stuff and join the rest of the world.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
In World War Z there is one chapter late in the book about a guy who survives in the Green Zone west of the Rockies which they fortify and sanitize and he joins the army they build to start clearing the continent of zombies.

He talks about this concept of LaMoEs.... Last Man on Earth dudes who built up their little fortresses and often were more/less insane, like Morgan when he was alone in that town and Rick/Michonne went to get guns from him.

Have to imagine some of those exist... the right situation where a guy can fortify and defend/trap against zombies via terrain and stuff he builds ala spike traps, but also where a guy can self sustain because he only needs food/water/etc for himself, much like John in FTWD.

Would be cool if they introduced at least one of those, but like a true crazy built-his-own-fortress type.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:

LoL

Not that I am trying to justify the "preppers", but of all the ways society could completely break down....Zombie Apocalypse I think should rank pretty much dead last in terms of probability.

Bomb shelters and the like are a little extreme, but all it takes is an economic breakdown and stock piling non-perishable food, medical supplies and power sources are making you pretty smart afterall.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You could argue that farm in the previous season of FTWD with Troy and his brother/dad was very much Doomsday Prepper on a pretty decent scale.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
LoL

Not that I am trying to justify the "preppers", but of all the ways society could completely break down....Zombie Apocalypse I think should rank pretty much dead last in terms of probability.

Bomb shelters and the like are a little extreme, but all it takes is an economic breakdown and stock piling non-perishable food, medical supplies and power sources are making you pretty smart afterall.

You know they sit around watching these shows saying if this happened when I’m alive I would .......lol

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
You could argue that farm in the previous season of FTWD with Troy and his brother/dad was very much Doomsday Prepper on a pretty decent scale.

That is the one I was talking about from fear

I think what is lacking from these shows that could be a good twist is intro to ex gov people, military, and doomsday preppers

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I finished the first episode of black summer on Netflix. I think you guys would like it pretty good so far

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I was just watching the episode where sasha died and the garbage people double crossed rick.

I never paid attention to jadis bargaining with negan on her reward for the turn.
She said 12 of them...negan replied "10...people are a resource".

The more I see of it, the more I am convinced she provides human Guinea pigs to the helicopter people.
That would be a horribly inefficient way to gather soldiers or slaves.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
I was just watching the episode where sasha died and the garbage people double crossed rick.

I never paid attention to jadis bargaining with negan on her reward for the turn.
She said 12 of them...negan replied "10...people are a resource".

The more I see of it, the more I am convinced she provides human Guinea pigs to the helicopter people.
That would be a horribly inefficient way to gather soldiers or slaves.
Wonder if the A or B refers to tester or soldier/worthy person.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I finished the first episode of black summer on Netflix. I think you guys would like it pretty good so far

Totally forgot this was coming out, many thanks!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I certainly think it does, one being a potential leader while the other just a laborer or tester as you say.

I wonder if it could be very much a 2-class system Rick walks into.

As on this side, Bs on this side....

As use this bathroom, Bs use this bathroom...

As eat here, Bs eat there....

As train as officers, Bs train as grunts...

As get paid 100$, Bs get paid 10$...