The Walking Dead

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I wonder if it could be very much a 2-class system Rick walks into.

As on this side, Bs on this side....

As use this bathroom, Bs use this bathroom...

As eat here, Bs eat there....

As train as officers, Bs train as grunts...

As get paid 100$, Bs get paid 10$...
Spoiler alert- conjecture from the comic..
Read up to the commonwealth introduction... they have a class system based on what you were before the fall.
eugene contacted them with the radio. (It actually panned out different in the season finale this year. We heard a voice saying "...broadcasting on open air..."
In the comic, eugene was the one who said that line.
I think it is entirely possible that the show is leaving the season hang with that line to lead people in to thinking it is the commonwealth...
But taking it a different way next year.

Since nothing else is catching my attention and the weather is shit, I have been watching it all again while I read the comics.
It has been interesting. I found out the show is absolutely littered with nods to the comic book and little jabs to make you think they are following the comic story just to veer off last second.

They followed Glenn's death panel by panel, and the show included p.o.v. shots that were exact panels pulled from the comic.
...then you have moments like denise getting hit by the crossbow and trying to continue talking...that was supposed to be abraham.

Thus far, I am not seeing the comic as a spoiler- it is more of an interesting alternate universe.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Spoiler alert- conjecture from the comic..
Read up to the commonwealth introduction... they have a class system based on what you were before the fall.
eugene contacted them with the radio. (It actually panned out different in the season finale this year. We heard a voice saying "...broadcasting on open air..."
In the comic, eugene was the one who said that line.
I think it is entirely possible that the show is leaving the season hang with that line to lead people in to thinking it is the commonwealth...
But taking it a different way next year.
I got the same sense about that. Most would assume it was contact from the Commonwealth but think the show is taking it in a different direction, using it to ultimately merge TWD and FTWD.

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree. My first guess was it was al, the girl with the van.
The lesser guess would be the trucker chick with the parapaligic copilot.

I am really interested to see what happens with FTWD. The new story line is vehicle-centric.
If the 6 year time jump happens on that show, the will need to either abandon the care package routine or they will need to have found a source of fuel.

Maybe that will be the introduction to the commonwealth- Morgan and co. Runs across them and establishes a trade deal. Fuel for whatever.
Morgan et al then makes their way to virginia.

The whisperer storyline is still dangling.
I wonder if the whisperers are the plot device to push the alexandrians out of their home and bring Georgie, Alexandria and the communities, and all the ftwd group in to the commonwealth.

Of course the people we know will eventually battle the commonwealth.

The shows are closing themselves in a box. Each enemy needs to be more formidable than the last.. and if they go huge with the whisperers, and then the commonwealth...where is the next step?
A military group complete with planes and attack choppers?

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Comic books are all done now

Wonder how much longer the show will run hmmmm

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Comic books are all done now

Wonder how much longer the show will run hmmmm

I think 2-3 more seasons, and I think it'll be much better than what we've been seeing because now they have an idea how they may end it.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think 2-3 more seasons, and I think it'll be much better than what we've been seeing because now they have an idea how they may end it.

Even if it is still profitable? That's not how business works. If TWD stops turning a profit after next season there will be no 2-3 more seasons, "but we have an ending" STFU the money guys don't care about endings, just the bottom line. Same thing if the show is still turning a profit after the next 3 seasons, "but the ending" we're making money, keep writhing.

Never for a second think the creative team controls when a show ends, it's the suits.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Even if it is still profitable? That's not how business works. If TWD stops turning a profit after next season there will be no 2-3 more seasons, "but we have an ending" STFU the money guys don't care about endings, just the bottom line. Same thing if the show is still turning a profit after the next 3 seasons, "but the ending" we're making money, keep writhing.

Never for a second think the creative team controls when a show ends, it's the suits.

A lot of shows have ended while still profitable. Hell, HBO wanted more seasons of GOT, but they still ended it.

Breaking Bad was at its peak when they decided to end it. And they weren't even going off any material, so they easily could have just kept writing.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
A lot of shows have ended while still profitable. Hell, HBO wanted more seasons of GOT, but they still ended it.

Breaking Bad was at its peak when they decided to end it. And they weren't even going off any material, so they easily could have just kept writing.

You think GOT has ended? You are not paying attention, it has not ended, it is growing because it makes money.

Breaking bad has not ended, they changed the name but it is still very much in production, because it's still profitable.

A better example for you to point at would have been Seinfeld, the network backed up the money truck for more seasons, Jerry Seinfeld didn't want to. That is an ultra rare example of the creative team also being in charge of production. The money guys wanted more but got burned.

Sorry @BNB not trying to be a dick, but in the entertainment industry money rules, "is there more story" is an industry joke, they don't care about ending stories, they only care about one thing, it makes them very predictable.

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Here are some pictures from the set of the new spin off of Walking Dead.

68706805_2341546975935318_6413669328767418368_n.jpg
67795202_2341547082601974_9100894666382901248_n.jpg

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
More photos from the zombie apocalypse:

68935255_10156779276657426_124133548515917824_n.jpg

67516620_10156779276747426_2634482001054269440_n.jpg

68782884_10156779276727426_8323138598031327232_n.jpg

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So idk if everyone knows, but Kirkman has concluded the comic series which is the basis of TWD.

That means in theory, TWD now has an end point to shoot for.

number51

Señor Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ok, shall I check with you on what matters about TWD from now on before I post?

No need, just don't be a chump and think how much comic material is left has anything to do with how much tv show is left. Anyone with halve a brane already knows they are going away from the comics for Ricks movie.

Comics=/= tv

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
No need, just don't be a chump and think how much comic material is left has anything to do with how much tv show is left. Anyone with halve a brane already knows they are going away from the comics for Ricks movie.

Comics=/= tv

Sorry you missed my sarcasm.

I don't care what your cranky ass thinks, I'll post whatever I want whenever I want about this show.

Clear?