nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Thank you for this vid. That guy is good

Yep, Alan is awesome. Glad it was helpful. He puts out a ton of great content. His deadlift setup video is probably one of the best pieces of advice I've ever received lifting-wise on YouTube:

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I don't think so and even if it were remotely true, wouldn't worry me at all. Keto isn't just about eating a lot of fats. It's about eating a lot of the good fats and avoiding the sugary carbs. Many people on a standard American diet will eat more bad fats in a day than I or most people doing keto will in months cause we purposely steer clear of them. High carbs, also very much part of the standard American diet, will cause more damage to ya. Also a bad idea to combine high carbs with fat. This is, no doubt, a main cause for the high percentage of fat asses in the US. Go to your fast food restaurants where they cook their cheap carby food in their cheap oils and the fat asses continue to eat it up. There's a lot more highly processed cheap oil rather than good oils in our food supply so you have to know which ones to avoid. Actually would be easier just to know which ones are good and need not be avoided.

If you stick to the good fats, the fat that naturally comes from meat and the fat from the better oils like olive oil, real butter, avocado, coconut and the like, ya can't go wrong. Fats don't even have a bad name any more, not as they did during the great fat scare propaganda in the 70's. You'll even see nutritionists advocate for more intake of good fats now. Turns out the worst fat by far is that which is man made, trans fats. Nature didn't make the fatties fat and sickly. Man made all the highly processed food that made the fatties fat and sickly.

Totally true about good fats.

I love a half an avocado in a salad about every other day along with berries.

Raw nuts and seeds are also my "crunchy" favorite to throw in

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Yep, Alan is awesome. Glad it was helpful. He puts out a ton of great content. His deadlift setup video is probably one of the best pieces of advice I've ever received lifting-wise on YouTube:

Another great find. After I scratched up my shin badly I sorta Stopped deadlifting. I substituted wheel barrow lifts instead.

At the gym they have this gismo that Everybody uses for shoulder shrugs. I put a "good" weight on it and grab the lowest grip as I face the seat and straddle it getting close to the cross member. I do my deadlifts but go All the way to shoulder shrugs and at the top Imagine myself pouring a load of concrete and holda moment. Rinse and Repeat.

Then I go do some other exercises for a round or two and come back, but face 180 away from that last position and do another set.

If I am feeling especially strong that day, I remember Muhammad Ali's interview when they asked him How Many do you do ??

He SAID ... IDK ..... I start counting when it Starts Hurting hahahaha What a Champion !

.... I do both positions 180 apart from each other because there is a slight angle from the vertical.... Not enough to wreck havoc with my bod but enough to want to do the 180 to promote strength on both sides of that fulcrum.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
So I've been working out and generally eating healthy, but the same routine hasn't worked the same as it did when I was in my mid twenties. Decided to try the IF route, and I've dropped 13 lbs in 2 and 1/2 weeks. I pretty much eat the same as I was but I'm eating between 12-8. I've been waking up and drinking a cup of coffee, then eating breakfast at noon, snack around 230, dinner around 530-600, and a final snack at 800. It's nice to see my workout routine finally paying the dividends it used to.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Gimme a decent shoulder routine.

Do this for six weeks then ask me for a new routine

Military press standing up-7 sets make sure weights match the reps

10-8-6-5-4-3-3

Arnold press seated or standing I prefer standing it activates the use of abs
4 sets @12

Barbell shrugs

4 sets @12

The last exercise will be a light weight high volume super set

Dumbbell lateral raise
Dumbbell front raise
Dumbbell rear delt raise

3 sets 15 reps each one

I usually change my routine every four to six weeks

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
Do this for six weeks then ask me for a new routine

Military press standing up-7 sets make sure weights match the reps

10-8-6-5-4-3-3

Arnold press seated or standing I prefer standing it activates the use of abs
4 sets @12

Barbell shrugs

4 sets @12

The last exercise will be a light weight high volume super set

Dumbbell lateral raise
Dumbbell front raise
Dumbbell rear delt raise

3 sets 15 reps each one

I usually change my routine every four to six weeks

Why the 10-8-6-5-4-3-3?----Sounds like to failure...Wouldn't everybodies failure rate be different? IMO if I had to only do 3 reps but could crank out to 5 or 6 again, I would. Also, this is a experienced lifter shoulder routine, you might kill the guy! Lots of sets here. if he goes to any sort of failure in that first routine, he'd be shit for the entire rest of the excercises.

That said, I will try this one! But I am not really interested in working out to find out all the weights for all the different excercises I would need so I am going to tweak the first by going to failure every set.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
It’s pretty much a poor mans arnold routine. Where Arnold would kick 16 sets start at 20-15-12-10-8-6-4-3-3-4-6-8-10-12-15-20

Let’s be honest we aren’t competing, Idt we are juicing lol, and we don’t have the time just spending our life at the gym

So I break it down like that where at 3 reps I’m maxing out and barely can pull that off

Also this workout will lead into my next one in 4-6 weeks

I get he maybe isn’t experienced but this is a framework of a workout. He has to figure out how much weight he can lift to pull this off

I have a similar workout to the one above for chest that will get you to benching higher after a month also

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies

Ha, I also used this video to get my deadlift right. His low bar squat video was a huge help as well, I wasn't breaking at the hips first.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Tim's Trauma balm
smallbatchsalves.com

I get sore knees and shoulders (also fucked up my pec two weeks ago from not taking enough rest days), would that balm help?

I've never looked into CBD stuff, but I'm definitely interested in anything that helps with recovery.

ShiftyDevil

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Washington Huskies
Gimme a decent shoulder routine.

My shoulder day:
  • 5x5 Overhead Press (barbell)
  • 3x10 Upright Row (barbell) (I might be replacing these in the future as they might be contributing to my shoulder pain)
  • 3x10 Sitting Overhead press (dumb bell)
  • 3x10 Face Pulls
  • 3x10 Lat Raises (dumb bell)
  • 3x10 Rear Delt Flies (cable)