The Workout/Diet Thread

FirstTimer

v. 2.0: Fully Modded
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Accidentally grabbed a caffeine free Diet Pepsi the other day.

Holy shit, terrible.

I'll have to check out zippfizz. Never heard of it.

Oh..Looked into zippfizz. Looks like the same stuff some friend of my fiance's sells via Arbonne.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I have one of the shakes as a morning snack around 10am and they are solid.

Have a little of that fake sugar aftertaste, but not too bad.

I will have to watch out on their snack bars.

Their frozen meals, breakfast and lunch/dinner are remarkably good IMO.

My big challenge is doing this, working downtown, I leave the office at 4pm and Mon/Wed/Thurs I get home and go right to physical therapy, so after I eat lunch at say noon, I don't get home and eat again until like 7:15pm which is a long time to go without eating considering the tiny portions you consume on Atkins.

Does that 7 hrs count as IF lol
:roll:Don't think we can count the 7 hours as IF. But when you switch from a heavy carb diet to a low carb one and you've been at it for a while, you get to that point where you're able to reap the fat burning benefits of IF sooner, possibly in as little as 10-12 hours.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Oh..Looked into zippfizz. Looks like the same stuff some friend of my fiance's sells via Arbonne.
I first got it at BJ's cause we live right by one and saw it there. Now I just order from Amazon cause BJ's usually doesn't have my favorite flavor. Some people say it gives them the jitters but I've had 2 or 3 at a time and has no affect on me. Zevia is something I've seen soda drinkers turn to, it's different flavors of soda sweetened with stevia rather than sugar. Still don't see that in many places either, seen it in Wholefoods and CVS though.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I first got it at BJ's cause we live right by one and saw it there. Now I just order from Amazon cause BJ's usually doesn't have my favorite flavor. Some people say it gives them the jitters but I've had 2 or 3 at a time and has no affect on me. Zevia is something I've seen soda drinkers turn to, it's different flavors of soda sweetened with stevia rather than sugar. Still don't see that in many places either, seen it in Wholefoods and CVS though.

Legit lol'd at the bolded.

If it's like fizzsticks it gives me the jitters something fierce.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah I have one of the shakes as a morning snack around 10am and they are solid.

Have a little of that fake sugar aftertaste, but not too bad.

I will have to watch out on their snack bars.

Their frozen meals, breakfast and lunch/dinner are remarkably good IMO.

My big challenge is doing this, working downtown, I leave the office at 4pm and Mon/Wed/Thurs I get home and go right to physical therapy, so after I eat lunch at say noon, I don't get home and eat again until like 7:15pm which is a long time to go without eating considering the tiny portions you consume on Atkins.

Does that 7 hrs count as IF lol
Also pretty certain BNB, who posts here, has been on Atkins for a while and has done very well with it.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Also pretty certain BNB, who posts here, has been on Atkins for a while and has done very well with it.

My former boss has used it a couple times to drop 20-30 lbs.

Lol he says he gets fat, then does Atkins to drop weight.... not the best lifestyle, but to each their own.

I looked at it, and felt it was something I could stick to, and if I wind up losing the weight I want to lose, then it was the right decision for me.

If something can work for me, regardless of why, I'll take it...

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My former boss has used it a couple times to drop 20-30 lbs.

Lol he says he gets fat, then does Atkins to drop weight.... not the best lifestyle, but to each their own.

I looked at it, and felt it was something I could stick to, and if I wind up losing the weight I want to lose, then it was the right decision for me.

If something can work for me, regardless of why, I'll take it...

I use a keto/atkins diet in the winter when I'm off from running and don't need high carb intake. It doesn't work for me during race season for obvious reasons. Elements of it are useful to me though.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I use a keto/atkins diet in the winter when I'm off from running and don't need high carb intake. It doesn't work for me during race season for obvious reasons. Elements of it are useful to me though.

You could parallel my situation year round to some degree.

I have a leg/knee that has endured 13 major surgeries, hence im now doing physical therapy.

But often it hampers my desire/ability to workout...

My hope is if I keep up with physical therapy, and drop 20-30lbs, decrease the weight that leg is carrying... maybe I get to a better normal.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
You could parallel my situation year round to some degree.

I have a leg/knee that has endured 13 major surgeries, hence im now doing physical therapy.

But often it hampers my desire/ability to workout...

My hope is if I keep up with physical therapy, and drop 20-30lbs, decrease the weight that leg is carrying... maybe I get to a better normal.
What the literal fuck? Why?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What the literal fuck? Why?

I was born with my right shorter than my left, and the right grew slower than the left so the discrepancy increased as I got older.

Had hip reconstruction when I was 9-10

Leg lengthening number 1, 12-13

Leg lengthening number 2, 15-18

A litany of surgeries in between.

My last surgery when I was 18, my knee had been straight for so long, my quad fused to my femur and the physical therapist could not get my knee to bend.... he spent months, every session, strap me down and put his shoulder into it like a linebacker... so the doc went in and cut my quad up off my femur and stretched it out with a rod.

When I had my other major operations, I did PT until I was 95-100%.... muscles and all the functions came back.

The last one had so many complications up to that end, I didn't even walk until like May the Summer before I went off to college.

So I got maybe 3-3.5 months of physical therapy once I was at least walking, we did what we could, and then I headed off to college.

Alot of the muscle and function never came back, and in retrospect I should have done PT 3 days a week somewhere at U of I until I was 90% at least.

Now I'm trying to right that wrong as much as I can.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I was born with my right shorter than my left, and the right grew slower than the left so the discrepancy increased as I got older.

Had hip reconstruction when I was 9-10

Leg lengthening number 1, 12-13

Leg lengthening number 2, 15-18

A litany of surgeries in between.

My last surgery when I was 18, my knee had been straight for so long, my quad fused to my femur and the physical therapist could not get my knee to bend.... he spent months, every session, strap me down and put his shoulder into it like a linebacker... so the doc went in and cut my quad up off my femur and stretched it out with a rod.

When I had my other major operations, I did PT until I was 95-100%.... muscles and all the functions came back.

The last one had so many complications up to that end, I didn't even walk until like May the Summer before I went off to college.

So I got maybe 3-3.5 months of physical therapy once I was at least walking, we did what we could, and then I headed off to college.

Alot of the muscle and function never came back, and in retrospect I should have done PT 3 days a week somewhere at U of I until I was 90% at least.

Now I'm trying to right that wrong as much as I can.

Jesus fucking Christ man. Props to you for dealing with that.

Hope you can get it "righted" as much as possible.

You think you'll be able to?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Jesus fucking Christ man. Props to you for dealing with that.

Hope you can get it "righted" as much as possible.

You think you'll be able to?

Honestly don't know... I have doubts I can get to like a 90% functional knee/leg again.

I hope to get it back to like 75%, stability in the knee, and hopefully reduce pain in my knee so I'm not taking Advil or worse all day every day.

But right now I have the money, and the insurance... I did PT Sept-Dec and now ill do it until I max out my visits this year most likely and just see how well I can get it.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Damn, Ares, you've been put through the wringer. May the warrior spirit stay strong in you and guide you through.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Can we start an GoFUndMe for Ares to get one of those blade legs?

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Can we start an GoFUndMe for Ares to get one of those blade legs?

Lol my PT had to write my doctor a progress note.

I told her, "Put in there... PATIENT DEMANDS ROBOT LEG"

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lol my PT had to write my doctor a progress note.

I told her, "Put in there... PATIENT DEMANDS ROBOT LEG"

0ur2ih.gif

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
On a more serious note, what are you able to do exercise wise Ares?

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
I had a New Year's Resolution to run a 5-10k once a month this year. Then on January 6th I bust up my ankle and was in a walking boot for two weeks. Doctor still doesn't want me doing anything until February 1.

FirstTimer

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I had a New Year's Resolution to run a 5-10k once a month this year. Then on January 6th I bust up my ankle and was in a walking boot for two weeks. Doctor still doesn't want me doing anything until February 1.

Suck it up and hobble one ya bish.

Fo real tho. That sucks.

What happened?