Tom Brady traded in 2017?

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
Since everyone knows that Jimmy Garoppolo will become a free agent after 2017, I think it makes it less likely he will be traded away
for a likely 1st round pick. For one thing, the Bears could have drafted Garoppolo and chose not to, so it seems like a waste of a
1st round pick to trade for him in hindsight. Probably, better to draft a rookie QB and roll the dice.

But I think the Belichik would rather keep Garoppolo for the next 10 years and trade away an old Tom Brady for (2 1st rounders?)

I think the Bears should jump at taking Brady over Garoppolo.

If Belichik trades Brady, it will be to an NFC team and not to a competing AFC team like the Broncos.

My best guess is that Tom goes back to his hometown and is traded to the 49ers and Belichik's friend Chip Kelly.

Or to the Rams so that Tom and Gisele can be Hollywood royalty and get acting jobs.

Does anyone else think Tom Brady will be on a new team in 2017 or 2018?

FatBabiesHaveNoPride

Doors that go like this.
Liked Posts:
You are kidding right?

Tom Brady is 123 years old. He's rarely injured and is STILL in top form. He's an MVP favorite at this point. Missed 4 games due to the suspension and has come back and has 71% completion percentage, 16 TDs, 1 Pick and a 123 rating.

Yes, they need to think of life after Brady and the stats say old QBs decline quickly, but Brady is God in Boston. He's not getting traded.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I really highly doubt they trade Brady when he continues to play at an MVP level and gives them the chance to win SBs.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
They will ride Brady until he can no longer play or he decides to retire. No fucking way they trade him under the OP given scenario.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
giphy.gif

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Since everyone knows that Jimmy Garoppolo will become a free agent after 2017, I think it makes it less likely he will be traded away
for a likely 1st round pick. For one thing, the Bears could have drafted Garoppolo and chose not to, so it seems like a waste of a
1st round pick to trade for him in hindsight.
Probably, better to draft a rookie QB and roll the dice.

First:

Where he was originally drafted has no bearing on the value of the player today...under your same assumptions, the Bears shouldn't trade for Brady because they had an opportunity to draft him but chose not to so that would be a waste of pick to trade for him in hindsight. Knowing what we know about Garoppolo now, if he were in the upcoming draft class would he go in the first round? If the Bears feel the answer to that question is yes, then it is a no brainer to try and trade at the very least a 2nd rounder for Jimmy G.

But I think the Belichik would rather keep Garoppolo for the next 10 years and trade away an old Tom Brady for (2 1st rounders?)

I think the Bears should jump at taking Brady over Garoppolo.

If Belichik trades Brady, it will be to an NFC team and not to a competing AFC team like the Broncos.

My best guess is that Tom goes back to his hometown and is traded to the 49ers and Belichik's friend Chip Kelly.

Or to the Rams so that Tom and Gisele can be Hollywood royalty and get acting jobs.

Does anyone else think Tom Brady will be on a new team in 2017 or 2018?

Second:

You should have stooped after the first part, the bolded made this post ridiculous. Made me laugh though

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Brady will have to be dragged off the field. The way he's playing, he'll break tons of records. Pats will trade Garoppolo for a 1st. He's getting talked up by BB already, they just drafted another guy and will trade that guy in 2 years for a 1st. This is what happens when you're the best team in the league. Everyone wants to pay for your scraps, meanwhile you pick up other teams scraps for nothing and they play better for you.

vinson555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You think the Pats are going to trade Brady away for Less then what The Bears traded for Cutler? The topic of this makes me laugh.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If Brady played for the Bears, and had the same level of previous success, and at his age accomplishing what he has this year, a post trading him for almost anything would get flamed on a spectacular, never seen before level. He is having a league MVP season at his age! Does anyone think that the words, "trade Tom Brady" has been even whispered in the Pats organization? Insane.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't think its gon happen, but trading Brady for a ransom would be right up Belichick's alley.

Shawon0Meter

PLAYOFFS?!?
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think he'd retire before going anywhere else.
I think if the Patriots give up on him too soon, he would love to beat them....

But that would take the right team obviously.

Antobears

Liked Posts:
Hilarious stuff OP keep up the good work.

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
A 50 yr old QB would complete Paces rebuild. But first wr need to sign AJ and trade him for a fifth rd pick.

SouthSida773

Liked Posts:
He'll go to the vikings. Imagine him with a healthy AP and that defense.

ditka4life

Liked Posts:
First:

Where he was originally drafted has no bearing on the value of the player today...under your same assumptions, the Bears shouldn't trade for Brady because they had an opportunity to draft him but chose not to so that would be a waste of pick to trade for him in hindsight. Knowing what we know about Garoppolo now, if he were in the upcoming draft class would he go in the first round? If the Bears feel the answer to that question is yes, then it is a no brainer to try and trade at the very least a 2nd rounder for Jimmy G.

Second:

You should have stooped after the first part, the bolded made this post ridiculous. Made me laugh though

The Reason Belechik would trade Brady is because Belechik trades away every player "one year early rather than one year late" in order to get
maximum value for that player.

With Garapolo, why would any team, let alone the Bears trade away a 1st round pick, when they can wait 1 year until Garapolo is a free agent.
Osweiller waited 1 year and got paid and chose his destination.
I just think it is stupid for any team to give up a 1st round pick for Garapolo when he has only played 3 games.
Better to keep the pick and use it on a useful player, and then sign Garapolo when he becomes a free agent.

I'm realistically saying that Belechik has almost no leverage in trading Garapolo if no other team competes in trade offers.
If Garapolo leaves a free agent, then Darth Hoodie would have wasted a 2nd round pick for NOTHING, which would be hilarious!

So, the Bears should not trade for Garapolo.
But this comes back to my 1st point: If Belichik wants to keep Garapolo so that he won't look like a fool for wasting a 2nd round pick on a future free agent.
Then, Darth Hoodie might think it is better to keep Garapolo and trade away Tom Brady if another team offers 2 1st rounders.

In conclusion,
Garapolo has done nothing to warrant a 1st round pick trade.
Better to wait 1 year and sign him as a free agent.
A better trade would be to offer 2 first rounders for Tom Brady.
Brady may request a trade to the 49ers or elsewhere if he feels Darth Hoodie is pushing him out.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Reason Belechik would trade Brady is because Belechik trades away every player "one year early rather than one year late" in order to get
maximum value for that player.

With Garapolo, why would any team, let alone the Bears trade away a 1st round pick, when they can wait 1 year until Garapolo is a free agent.
Osweiller waited 1 year and got paid and chose his destination.
I just think it is stupid for any team to give up a 1st round pick for Garapolo when he has only played 3 games.
Better to keep the pick and use it on a useful player, and then sign Garapolo when he becomes a free agent.

I'm realistically saying that Belechik has almost no leverage in trading Garapolo if no other team competes in trade offers.
If Garapolo leaves a free agent, then Darth Hoodie would have wasted a 2nd round pick for NOTHING, which would be hilarious!

So, the Bears should not trade for Garapolo.
But this comes back to my 1st point: If Belichik wants to keep Garapolo so that he won't look like a fool for wasting a 2nd round pick on a future free agent.
Then, Darth Hoodie might think it is better to keep Garapolo and trade away Tom Brady if another team offers 2 1st rounders.

In conclusion,
Garapolo has done nothing to warrant a 1st round pick trade.
Better to wait 1 year and sign him as a free agent.
A better trade would be to offer 2 first rounders for Tom Brady.
Brady may request a trade to the 49ers or elsewhere if he feels Darth Hoodie is pushing him out.

Belichik is more likely to retire when Brady retires than to trade him, this is the worst post I have ever seen. Why in absolute hell, would they trade him if they feel he can lead them to another Superbowl or two?

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
Only a moron would trade 2 first rounders for a 39 year old QB.