Top 3 To Disappoint, Top 3 To Step Up

D.J. Moore

The Member
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Who are the top 3 Bears who will disappoint and who are the Top 3 Bears to step up in 2018.

Disappoint

1. Kevin White
usatsi_10242329.jpg

2. Trey Burton
ap-trey-burton-eagles.jpg

3. Aaron Lynch
Aaron-Lynch.jpg

Step Up

1. Roquan Smith
smith-roquan-11518-usnews-getty-ftr_iw1oxvutqrgc1nrbeogbazbib.jpg

2. Mitchell Trubisky
usatsi_10379409.jpg

3. Jonathan Bullard
jonathan-bullard-of-the-chicago-bears-warms-up-prior-to-the-start-of-picture-id896558522

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Step Up

Roy Robertson-Harris - I think he's going to make a big impact this year.

Eddie Jackson - I think he shows last year was just the tip of the iceberg.

Tarik Cohen - Nagy is going to turn this guy loose and he's going to run defenses ragged in this system.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Step up:

1.) Shaheen
2.) Floyd (Smith frees up Floyd to hunt)
3.) Cohen (Nagy is gonna make him a star)
**honorable mention to RRH**

Disappoint:

1.) Burton
2.) Gabriel
3.) Bullard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
First off, that's an amazingly crystal clear picture of White in the OP.

Second, not sure he can disappoint.

Exactly my thoughts. First reaction was I thought it looks like a video game poster, and then I thought "how could he possibly disappoint?"

As to the OP, I will go -

Step up -
Trubisky
Cohen
Jackson

Disappoint -
Fuller
Shaheen
Gabriel

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
To me White or Lynch cant "disappoint" because we shouldnt be expecting that much from the,

Step up:

1) Roy Robertson-Harris: 2nd year as a DE in this scheme and flashed last year.

2) Eddie Jackson - Showed a lot as a rookie and will take the next step and become a consistent play maker at FS

3) Leonard Floyd - This is his 3rd year and this is the year he gets 10+ sacks and stays on the field.

Disappoint:

1) Bullard - he still cant put it all together and stays an average player and cant lock down the DE spot

2) Prince Amukamara - cant stay healthy or create turnovers

3) Burton - Has solid production but nothing to come close to the contract

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Who are the top 3 Bears who will disappoint and who are the Top 3 Bears to step up in 2018.

Disappoint

1. Kevin White

2. Trey Burton

3. Aaron Lynch

Step Up

1. Roquan Smith

2. Mitchell Trubisky

3. Jonathan Bullard

Not sure how White could disappoint. Who has any expectations of him? Also, what would it take for Lynch to disappoint? He is coming off of 14 games with 3 stars and a total of 2.5 sacks the last 2 seasons.

For that reason I have both of them as step up players by becoming mediocre just a guys but ones that don't hurt the team.

Disappoint
1) Kyle Fuller (based on contract)
2)Taylor Gabriel (based on contract)
3)Danny Trevathan (based on injury)

Step ups
1) Kevin White (see above)
2) Aaron Lynch (see above)
3)Mitch Trubisky (gut feeling)

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Step Up

Lynch - back to his original system with Fangio
Miller - will be able to come in and hit the ground running at the WR position
Trubisky - I think he will take the next step with Nagy

Disappoint

Bullard - I don't think he will become what we hope he can and will fight for his job
Shaheen - Barring Injury I think Burton will be the go to guy at the TE position for Trubisky...
Parkey - Just a gut feeling but I think he will be about average, again showing why we probably should not have gotten rid of Gould quite yet...Parkey had a career year last year but ordinary over 39 yards in his career.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Dissapoint

Adrian Amos - He played good behind a good D line but hasn't had the most productive career unless he really steps up I see Bears replacing him.

Prince Amukumara - the injury bug is prone to come back now that he has a long term deal.

Jonathan Bullard - progress has been slow.

Dion Sims - why?

Step up

Anthony Miller - just something about the kid if he is at the same skill level as Kevin White Bears will start Miller the cheaper option.

James Daniels - I think he may end up being moved to center but Daniels is a future all pro.

Kylie Fitts - the Eddie Jackson of this draft.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
First off, that's an amazingly crystal clear picture of White in the OP. Second, not sure he can disappoint.

Exactly my thoughts. Even saying he will step up mean that he plays six games instead of three? And has Bullard ever showed enough to suddenly disappoint?

This is also the problem with Trubisky. You would just assume anything would be a step up from a pretty forgettable season leading a pretty forgettable offense. Now jumping to a more aggressive offense...he may disappoint with more turnovers early on. So I am just leaving him off the list too.

Step Up

Kyle Fuller - After his early career was marred with injuries, coaching changes, self-loathing and doubt...I think last season was just a peek at the New Kyle Fuller. You know the one that I said would be a total thug a cornerback that Draft Day? That Kyle Fuller finally gained the confidence after locking down his job with better press play last season than anyone thought he was capable of. Armed with even more confidence of retaining his coaches and long term deal done financially...Fuller lets loose this season. Shutting down all the best on the Bears schedule and making Pace look slightly less idiotic.

Jordan Howard - I am only putting him here because of all of the BS off-season chatter about "not fitting the system". The new interior of the Bear OL and legitimate weapons at WR are going to make Howard's job so easy that even a child beating has been like AP could run behind it. But he won't because even Pace is not that big of an idiot.

Leonard Floyd - Speaking of drafts helping current players out...Smith coverage abilities at ILB is going to take a load off of Floyd's coverage plate and he is able to go back to what the Bears really drafted him to do. He finally breaks double digits sacks and maybe, just maybe...Pace was never an idiot in the first place.

Disappoint

Tarik Cohen - At least on offense. He could have a great season on ST, but I think Cohen slumps production wise. A combination of Howard just too good to bench for long and Trey Burton doing everything Bear Nation is expecting Cohen to do...only better.

(Side Note: I wanted to put Burton above because I think he is going to have a great season, but how do you step up from winning the Super Bowl?)

Adam Shaheen - Baby Soft Shaheen just keeps living up to his handle.

Danny Trevathan - A third season that Vic cannot get a full sixteen games out of him and is totally outshined by Ryan Pace's latest first round pick.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Disappoint:
Floyd-Concussions
White-Injuries
Goldman-Injuries/Concussion

Step Up:
Kyle Long-nuff said.
Howard-pass catching ability improves
Trubisky-nuff said.

BearDownTexas

Liked Posts:
Step up:
Shaheen
Cohen
Trubisky
* Shaheen has skills, speed, hands, and lots of size. He needs more opportunities, period. I think he'll be a go-to in the red zone.
Cohen showed big play ability all season long, and i figure with a coaching staff capable of using him effectively he will only be better.
Trubisky is primed for a big leap this year. New weapons galore, and (most of) a season under his belt. That confidence, along with the better system will make that happen.

Disappoint:
Burton
Lynch
Smith

* i dont think burton is as good as everyone else thinks he is. Hes not bad, but the expectations are so high people are bound to be disappointed. Lynch, again i just dont see him coming in and making much noise. Smith.... i know, i know... this goes back to expectations. I know hes the messiah for our defense and all, but i really feel like even of he is always in the right place at the right time, he just is not physically dominating enough to be the guy we all want him to be. Dont misunderstand this as negativity toward our new beloved backer....im rooting as hard as anyone. Again, expectations....

Last edited:

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
Step up

QB Mitch Trubisky - Offense and QB gurus all around him plus weapons galore allow the sophomore to take a gigantic step forward

OLB Leonard Floyd - Has all the tools, needs to stay healthy. 10+ sack potential. All about health with him

TE Trey Burton
- Overshadowed by Zach Ertz in Philly. Showcased all the skills a receiving TE needs to dominate in the league when Celek was hurt. A Nagy offense has a 30.9% target share for the TEs

Honorable mentions - OLB Aaron Lynch (back in a system he is built for) and WR Kevin White (finally puts together a healthy season, beats out Gabriel for playing time)

Disappoint

WR Taylor Gabriel - I've been labeling him as "just a guy" since he was signed. To much money, not a very effective WR. Many on this board expect to much of him. I predict both Anthony Miller and Kevin White beat him out in camp

RB Tarik Cohen - Rookie flash in the pan season. To small to handle a large work load. Most of his production came in the passing game when we had no other weapons. That is no longer the case. Cohen received 3 or less rushes in 5 of the last 6 games of the season

DE Jonathan Bullard and DE Roy Robertson-Harris - Neither one has shown me anything to feel comfortable with them in the starting lineup

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Disappoint

1) Jay Cutler- Dont think he'll do well in the broadcast booth

2) Brian urlacher- Dude's hair is killing me

3) Chris Conte- Not sure how he blew that coverage in the GB game

Step up

1) Kevin White- I expect him to play 7 games this year and get two tds

2) Cohen- just expect a ton of improvement the way he will be used

3) Trubisky- For obvious reasons

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Disappoint

1. Kevin White
usatsi_10242329.jpg

Honestly, just really impressed your were able to find a picture of Kevin White making one of his career 21 receptions.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Honestly, just really impressed your were able to find a picture of Kevin White making one of his career 21 receptions.

Actually, I don't think that one even counts. I believe that is a preseason game.

(The one where Cam went down)

PickSix

Liked Posts:
Step Up:
Trubisky
Shaheen
White

Disappoint:
Long
Floyd
Howard

ChiBears78

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
  2. Illinois State Redbirds
Wow. A lot of people have doubt in Burton. I hope the kid surprises a lot of fans.

Yea, I don't get it. Nagy's offense targets TE with a 30.9% target share. And in the two games last season that Burton started when Ertz was injured Burton had 7 catches, 112 yards and 3 TD's.

Burton will beast in this offense.

Bears_804

Liked Posts:
Yea, I don't get it. Nagy's offense targets TE with a 30.9% target share. And in the two games last season that Burton started when Ertz was injured Burton had 7 catches, 112 and 3 TD's.

Burton will beast in this offense.
I expect high production from Shaheen as well. Really like that TE duo. Even if they aren't proven.