Trubisky's Best Game of 2018?

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Reminds me of when PFF had a slightly above average Jay Cutler game rated higher than Peyton Manning dropping 7 TDs 0 INTs and 462 yards on the Ravens, with the reasoning being that Manning's game wasn't impressive because all he had to do was feast on schematic breakdowns.

Rory Sparrow

Liked Posts:
Thanks for answering the question. Clearly you haven't seen what Andy Reid is doing. There is a reason the Chiefs are routinely at the top in average yardage of separation. They aren't just open. They are routinely NFL wide open.

Not sure how "schematic breakdowns" is represented in "average yardage of separation". Reid's offense is trying to get favorable matchups and keeping the defense in base personnel. That's why you see a lot of passes to the RBs and TEs, because they are the ones being covered by the LBs and SSs.

I guess the issue is your usage of "schematic breakdowns". When I think of that, I think of offensive players being completely uncovered and getting long gains and TDs...which is what we saw in the Chi-TB game. JMO

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It's how you finish and rising to it when you need to make something happen. Not his best game by some margin but the last drive in the playoff loss bodes well for the Bear.
Agree the pressure could not be more in that situation, and he got us into position to win the game. Hindsight is 20/20, but Nagy should have been more aggressive with Trubisky and let him win the game... On the other hand....

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Thanks for answering the question. Clearly you haven't seen what Andy Reid is doing. There is a reason the Chiefs are routinely at the top in average yardage of separation. They aren't just open. They are routinely NFL wide open.

Think you are both right. The offense is designed to get guys open but the difference in KC is those guys represent legit mismatches. When Hill is running free, a lot of that is also because of how fast Hill is. When Kelce is shredding defenses, a lot of that is because of the legit mismatch he is for most LBs and Safeties. So the scheme puts pressure on them but so does the players.

So sure TB gives us a look at how potent the offense can be but we aren't going to be that potent on a regular basis if our skill players are ARob or Burton as they don't have the skill level of Hill and Kelce. Or if Trubs for that matter doesn't take a Mahommes level step.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It is okay to be wrong. Don't get butthurt fam.

Outlaw Josey Cutler

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Penn State Nittany Lions
It is okay to be wrong. Don't get butthurt fam.

I wasn't hurt in the butt. I was hurt in the brain.

My brother would contend in my case there is no difference, but that's because he is basically Biff from "Back to the Future". Hahaha